Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, dead car means no work for me today, can’t say I’m particularly gutted, tbh. Quite happy to stay home and fiddle with my Loop! Bit of an odd night, there’s going to be some tweaking necessary, I think. I just had a tuna steak and some prawns for dinner, less than a gram of carb all in. So I didn’t tell Loop about it, wanting to see how it’d react. All of a sudden, about two hours after eating, my BG just surged from the sixes to over 10 in the space of a few minutes, confirmed with blood. Weird. Had to take a fairly big correction dose and it spent the night coming down, I woke in the high threes, which is fairly normal for me. The foot on the floor surge deals with that as soon as I get downstairs on work days. Currently at 5.8, and have spotted the telltale rise I get sometimes when I get up, so have told Loop I’m having enough carbs for it to give me my normal correction dose. It’s like learning pumping all over again...

@Knikki - we were on Anglesey the other weekend, had a lovely little cottage on a farm just outside Llangefni. Seriously considering moving up there after I qualify.

Hope all goes well today @porl69 - and have a good day everyone :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone warned Anglesey?..............

Helen, at my work we abbreviate it to 'WFH' which when glancing through calendars sometimes makes you stop and think :***: ! I think those that normally work from home do actually work, but those that work from home on the odd occasion do the quoted version of "work".

The cat is home! With a shed load of pills, fortunately we can crush them up and syringe them down the feeding tube along with his meals.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP - do you usually bolus for protein? It sounds as if that might have been needed for a meal where there was so very little carb?

Reactions: porl69

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The doc says I have calcification supraspiriatus!!! I'm not sure I understand that much but it seems I need steroid injection and then possibly physio. I'm so glad we have the NHS
Hot outside
On a different theme: What's the difference between single cut and rachet cut pruners?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sorry @slip that was unthinking of me

Sue don't worry about it! As my wife reminded me last night - "it's only money"

As for secateurs, single cut is you squeeze the handles and the blinds come together, release them and the blades release, ratchets you can release the handles and have another go at squeezing and getting through the branch and the blades stay in where they had got to. You're always saying you're tackling the nettles, if you're needing to use ratchet pruners on those then wow! :hilarious:

Edit to also add - expect the steroid injection to affect your BGs for a while.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I can hear :) :) I can not believe how much wax came out of my ears....they were done less than a year ago

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Part of my yearly test results are online so a quick question. Am I right in thinking the lower the numbers are the better it is with the following urine tests:
microalbumin excretion, microalbumin-to-creatinine ratio, and creatinin?

Hba1c isn't there yet, but not worried about it, should be very nice :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Perhaps someone should take the crayons away from you if you're not going to use they for colouring in. :)
Glad you can hear the sounds of summer - birds tweeting, ice cream van tunes and stimmers strimming.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: when i go over the lines I get annoyed and, I do not know how, they end up in my ear :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP - do you usually bolus for protein? It sounds as if that might have been needed for a meal where there was so very little carb?
I do, but it’s a very long, slow rise and I wanted to see if the algorithm would deal with it. Thing is, it surged by 3mmol in ten minutes - which isn’t usual for me, or for the kind of protein I eat. . Possibly just one of those T1 things!

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I do, but it’s a very long, slow rise and I wanted to see if the algorithm would deal with it. Thing is, it surged by 3mmol in ten minutes - which isn’t usual for me, or for the kind of protein I eat. . Possibly just one of those T1 things!

Socks.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Looping is working well so far today, it’s merrily adjusting basals to keep me in the blue band - which I’ve deliberately set at a narrow 4.8-5.4mmol. As soon as it thinks I’ll drift out of that it puts a temp basal on, which is the “insulin delivery” bit. Entered some fake carbs to get it to dose me for the foot on the floor and that seems to have worked pretty well - it was a good way to get it to correct for a rise that was about to happen! Had 4g carbs in the form of avocado for lunch and again as a snack but didn’t dose for those. Want to see how far I can push the algorithm!

51D816F0-D22D-4F08-850E-1165BA2BA92A.png
A1B532C4-E9D8-4F03-A789-55CAA956E56B.jpeg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Looping is working well so far today, it’s merrily adjusting basals to keep me in the blue band - which I’ve deliberately set at a narrow 4.8-5.4mmol. As soon as it thinks I’ll drift out of that it puts a temp basal on, which is the “insulin delivery” bit. Entered some fake carbs to get it to dose me for the foot on the floor and that seems to have worked pretty well - it was a good way to get it to correct for a rise that was about to happen! Had 4g carbs in the form of avocado for lunch and again as a snack but didn’t dose for those. Want to see how far I can push the algorithm!

View attachment 34112 View attachment 34113
Wow. That is brilliant Mel...

Currently sat in the hospital waiting to see the Dr! Just been told my HBA1C is 43...try and wipe this smile off my face Dr

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Currently sat in the hospital waiting to see the Dr! Just been told my HBA1C is 43...try and wipe this smile off my face Dr
Nice one, mate! Best one yet?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Part of my yearly test results are online so a quick question. Am I right in thinking the lower the numbers are the better it is with the following urine tests:
microalbumin excretion, microalbumin-to-creatinine ratio, and creatinin?

Hba1c isn't there yet, but not worried about it, should be very nice :)

I dunno about those three things, but I'm glad you're not too worried about your HbA1C. It's nice when you can feel that it's going to be OK :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Back from school run, it was lovely too, with beautiful blue skies, sun beaming down and part of the route to the college is through countryside, so many fields, tree's, beautiful countryside, sheep in the fields and a few farms too, just :happy::joyful:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

@porl69 , well done that man. All the effort is paying off. Guessing the pump is also helping your figures

Reactions: Knikki and porl69