What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 after Indian takeaway is a winner.
Some great posts since yesterday. Congrats to @Debandez and OH on expecting new grandchild. Also well done for helping not only your BIL but so many others as well.
@pavlosn sounds/looked like a fab evening. That Josh Groban version makes me cry too. @dunelm made me laugh it was good you enjoyed the cake and its not like you do it all the time. @HarrisonK after at least 35 years of bbqing my OH still cuts through one of the chicken or the sausages or the burger to check it is cooked through so no need to feel inadequate. Theres lots of info on line and I an sure someone else will be happy to chip in. @Bildad hope the afternoon goes well. @trick60 say hello to sunny Cornwall for me.
I got my HBA1c results and its another 33 which I am going to have to believe now.
If the Codefree reads slightly higher than real then its a good thing for me.
Had a big surprise last night when No 1 son arrived from Dublin to join in my weekend of fun. He only emigrated a week ago so that was really unexpected. We are all dining at the pub tonight so should be another nice evening.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Fantastic results all round PM

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 this morning but I had 2 bottles of wine last night hic!
I've walked a mile and swam 40 lengths to make up for it giving myself a 5.4.

My children are dragging me to a trampoline park this afternoon, 8ve not decided if I'm taking part or spectating yet. Feeling too old for jumping lol.
Giving you a Winner today just for posting after 2 bottles of wine!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never been OK with heights. On a horse in an English saddle (no horn), horse puts his head down, I think I'm gonna slip off down his neck.
High diving boards -- nope.
Jumping out of airplanes -- fun.

I don't get it either.
That reminded me of a holiday in Greece many years ago. Over 30 actually. I was with my then boyfriends family who booked us all on a horse riding adventure day. This included riding on a mountain track which was bad enough. But when your horse decides it's hungry and fancies a 3 course lunch and stops to do just that on a cliff edge!!!! I still have nightmares about it to this day! Luckily I had brought a change if clothes ;-)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I used to be ok with heights
But of late I refused to go up to the top of Blackpool Tower
This is my granddaughter at the top of Blackpool Tower in May this year. No fear!!! I couldn't watch!!! Heart in mouth!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190707-044304_Gallery_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20190707-044304_Gallery_resized.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 290

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Saskia. I think the sponge cake was necessary at the time but I won’t be repeating it anytime soon. Agree about cake and coffee.

The carnival today was great, loads of people, the sun was shining and to add a slightly surreal aspect I ended up marching at the front with the mayor and Young Citizens award winners. I’d happened to be sitting at the meeting point for the award winners before the start while the others were dropping the older granddaughter off with her school carnival group. One of the organisers came to me with a big banner and said I should hold it up and lead the procession when it started in a few minutes. I tried explaining I wasn’t involved but he said the banner was too big and heavy for the children who’d won the Young Citizens awards so I’d have to take it!
The funniest bit was marching at the start and seeing my youngest daughter and her boyfriend in the crowd where they’d come to watch. Seeing her do a double take and mouth ‘what on earth are you doing there??’ Was priceless.
That could be a sketch in a Miranda episode! Hilarious.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 yesterday. Would prefer it in the 5d but it is what it is. Worse things happen!

Had to stay in for my washer/dryer engineer. It's not drying. 2 hour slot so decided it was a good time to.have a good clear out of cupboards. Always feels good that. Then paperwork. That never feels good! If I put all my paperwork on the floor and jumped off it I would do myself a serious injury! Anyway less of it now so that feels good. Apparently my filter is blocked. Not anymore! Lots of grunge removed. I may not have to use my dryer in the garage any more now this one is fixed. I love the one in the garage. It's my old faithful. Over 20 years old I'm sure! Big drum. Simple to use. Pop washing in. Turn dial to required length of time. Kick door for it to start and bingo.

Anyway once that was sorted I popped to florist. Picked a lovely arrangement for our daughter for the OFSTED result. Picked up hubby from work and delivered flowers on way home. A nice card too. She was delighted.

Home. Burgers and salad for dinner. Catch up TV including Love Island. Was only watching so we can join in in conversations about it as everyone seems to be watching it (certainly everyone is where hubby works!). Load of old rubbish I muttered at the start. Now I'm ashamed to have to stand up and say 'my name is Debra and I'm a love island addict'!!!

Viv19

Thanks Saskia. I think the sponge cake was necessary at the time but I won’t be repeating it anytime soon. Agree about cake and coffee.

The carnival today was great, loads of people, the sun was shining and to add a slightly surreal aspect I ended up marching at the front with the mayor and Young Citizens award winners. I’d happened to be sitting at the meeting point for the award winners before the start while the others were dropping the older granddaughter off with her school carnival group. One of the organisers came to me with a big banner and said I should hold it up and lead the procession when it started in a few minutes. I tried explaining I wasn’t involved but he said the banner was too big and heavy for the children who’d won the Young Citizens awards so I’d have to take it!
The funniest bit was marching at the start and seeing my youngest daughter and her boyfriend in the crowd where they’d come to watch. Seeing her do a double take and mouth ‘what on earth are you doing there??’ Was priceless.

How funny!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Home. Burgers and salad for dinner. Catch up TV including Love Island. Was only watching so we can join in in conversations about it as everyone seems to be watching it (certainly everyone is where hubby works!). Load of old rubbish I muttered at the start. Now I'm ashamed to have to stand up and say 'my name is Debra and I'm a love island addict'!!!

OK, my eyes are tired, I thought you said you had burglars and salad for dinner.

OFSTED is something to do with schools?

Reactions: gennepher

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning and I am praying for rain. It worked yesterday although the trial run of the bar-b was still enforced later, and it was a disaster. Getting the coals up to an operational temp took forever and then the cooking time for a simple chicken kebab and sausage was laughable, literally. At least we saw the funny side of it, I'm not sure the guests today will.

So, rain dance it is :)

I did ask a friend in Australia but all she had to say was "I bet you think all Chinese do kungfu" ;)

Reactions: Viv19 and karen8967

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,4 for me this Sunday morning as I do my best to stay good in what I eat; not always easy when on holiday and eating out all the time.

I think this is the first photo of me genuinely smiling for a while.

My wife and I must have been just about the only two people in London not aware that yesterday there was a huge Gay Pride parade taking place in London.

We were sitting in the foyer of our hotel, when out of the lifts walk a number of parade participants in full regalia: men in high heels, leather hotpants, makeup etc.

The expression on my wife's face was something to behold.

Have a great day!
20190706_105953.jpeg

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is my granddaughter at the top of Blackpool Tower in May this year. No fear!!! I couldn't watch!!! Heart in mouth!!!

Fear of heights is an odd thing, something I have myself. In the late 90s I was flying up to Carlisle with a friend and they asked if we could see Blackpool Tower. I asked Liverpool Control if I could take a detour and was given permission to do one circuit at 3,000 ft around the tower and fun park this Google image at 3000 ft looks about right).

blackpool.JPG

Afterwards we landed at the local airfield and went to the Tower by taxi. I couldn't go up it and had to wait for my friend. I did know a lot of pilots (some were commercial) who had vertigo.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.7 this morning from the meter but December's lab results will tell a very different story. I am about mobile now as gout attack subsiding but don't fancy my chances of exercising or walking far. No cricket today so it will be a very, very long day - not sure tennis works the same. Been on a tea, cheese, egg, avocado and flaxseed diet since Wednesday which combined with gout, naproxen and codeine has made all sorts of movement problematic. Have a great day and pray for my local sewers when the dam breaks.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from somewhere in Northumberland. Why do hotels only supply a minuscule amount of milk, well they say it’s milk, that teeny tiny bit of white stuff that pours all over the table after you eventually succeed in prying the **** lid open but only by tearing at it with your teeth and squashing the frail plastic container.

Out at a birthday celebration last night - hog roast - don’t mind if I do.

The wonder wheel of live blues band and a taxi at one in the morning gave an approving 5.5 - I think that it must have been reeling from that very small glass of Jamesons last night - Don’t you just love Irish relatives.

Must be nearly time for breakfast but son is still deep in slumber. Wonder if I can get my IPad to make loud typing noises a la Imperial typewriter - a four banker would be just right -oh, and a metronome going at 80 strikes per minute.