Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All the things people ask about within a LCHF diet - what does this, how do I that, - all of it - I'd like us veggies & vegans to be able to talk about that here. Safely.

You mean without being challenged on some of the things you say?
Is that how you define "safely"?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'd like not to have defend my choices. I'd like it to be taken for granted that in a Veggie forum it's OK to be veggie and no-one is going to pop up and tell me that meat is delicious.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Your questions always question the choice of diet. I don't question your choice. It's your right to choose.

I want questions on how do I this, what does that - within the framework of a plant based diet.

What is so hard to understand about that?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd like not to have defend my choices. I'd like it to be taken for granted that in a Veggie forum it's OK to be veggie and no-one is going to pop up and tell me that meat is delicious.
Which no-one here has done so far as I can see..

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Either you can't or won't understand. Either way it seems futile discussing this with you.

We make our choices. I don't question your choice.

Haven't you noticed how few veggies ae here? Every time one arrives, within a couple of weeks they leave..... can't think why!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Gotta go - the office has just opened its front doors.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your questions always question the choice of diet. I don't question your choice. It's your right to choose.

I want questions on how do I this, what does that - within the framework of a plant based diet.

What is so hard to understand about that?

You are more than welcome to question what I eat..as is anyone here.
I am happy to help with advice without propaganda just relating my own experience.
When people claim to be doing something "for their health" rather than morals yet are ill I'm afraid that questioning their choice is very important and leads us straight back to the genesis of this thread.
What is the role of diet in modern medicine?
The post is only in the vegetarian section because it was started here to be a puff piece for unsubstantiated claims by the OP who hasn't returned I note.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod
No, a couple people did ask about protein supplies,

As for blood sugar spikes, you can virtually not go over 2-3 mmol more by prebolusing. I usually manage to keep it under or close to a 2 point rise. Prebolusing allows insulin to work more like a "normal" persons by having it ready when you eat. Not always, I have forgotten or goofed on judging absorption times. I always give myself a pass.

@zand, that just doesn't even make sense. And also head in the sand philosophy by denying what actually goes on,

I remember once being confronted at a dinner party about donating to animals causes. The person said to me with all the children and people needing help, she couldn't stand when people just helped animal causes. I told her (and I do) that while I mostly donate to animal causes, we also donate to several human causes as well, missions downtown for the homeless and helping with learning a "trade" in other countries. And she said that's good then. And then I said what I hate is when people don't like what someone donates to and they don't donate to any cause. She got a wide eyed look and didn't say anything more, ever, about it.

So don't criticize and decide what causes I choose to help or care about, more than one thing always needs help in this world, you can help your cause and I will decide mine. So if your concern is more for your fellow man, then help your fellow man.

And yes this thread was supposed to not be about things like this, but I am choosing to reply to some comments made.
This is supposed to be in the vegetarian section and I for one welcome questions, but why must it turn into a very tired trend of I love my meat and meat jabs aimed at?????????
I am not criticising you at all. What I am saying is that I would have liked the thread to stay on topic! The OP mentions ill health due to animal products and intimates that there is a benefit to health by going vegan. I was hoping to gain enlightenment as to how cutting out even more meat products from my diet would help me. Nowhere in the OP does it mention animal cruelty and therefore to stay on topic I don't think that should be raised here.

Edit: in short it's those who have raised the moral issues regarding animal products who are derailing it. Please don't let it be closed. Just tell me what veganism will do for me as a T2. I notice most of the folks on this thread who say it is helpful are T1. Although @Mel dCP does a low carb version so maybe there is hope for me as a T2?

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread has been closed to further replies, due to serial bickering, topic meandering and the non-return of the OP.

Threads must stay on-topic and members must comply with our Ethos and Rules. The Ethos and Rules can be found here: Forum Rules

Any specific posts you consider require Mod intervention should be reported in a timely manner, so that, where required interrvention can take place in an equally timely manner.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.