1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Role of diet in modern medicine

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by truevegetarian, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

You mean without being challenged on some of the things you say?
    Is that how you define "safely"?

2. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'd like not to have defend my choices. I'd like it to be taken for granted that in a Veggie forum it's OK to be veggie and no-one is going to pop up and tell me that meat is delicious.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WuTwo

Your questions always question the choice of diet. I don't question your choice. It's your right to choose.

I want questions on how do I this, what does that - within the framework of a plant based diet.

What is so hard to understand about that?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bulkbiker

Which no-one here has done so far as I can see..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WuTwo

Either you can't or won't understand. Either way it seems futile discussing this with you.

We make our choices. I don't question your choice.

Haven't you noticed how few veggies ae here? Every time one arrives, within a couple of weeks they leave..... can't think why!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WuTwo

Take it you didn't read the deleted posts.... about steak?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. WuTwo

Gotta go - the office has just opened its front doors.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. bulkbiker

You are more than welcome to question what I eat..as is anyone here.
    I am happy to help with advice without propaganda just relating my own experience.
    When people claim to be doing something "for their health" rather than morals yet are ill I'm afraid that questioning their choice is very important and leads us straight back to the genesis of this thread.
    What is the role of diet in modern medicine?
    The post is only in the vegetarian section because it was started here to be a puff piece for unsubstantiated claims by the OP who hasn't returned I note.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bulkbiker

No... I wasn't around much this weekend.

10. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

I am not criticising you at all. What I am saying is that I would have liked the thread to stay on topic! The OP mentions ill health due to animal products and intimates that there is a benefit to health by going vegan. I was hoping to gain enlightenment as to how cutting out even more meat products from my diet would help me. Nowhere in the OP does it mention animal cruelty and therefore to stay on topic I don't think that should be raised here.

Edit: in short it's those who have raised the moral issues regarding animal products who are derailing it. Please don't let it be closed. Just tell me what veganism will do for me as a T2. I notice most of the folks on this thread who say it is helpful are T1. Although @Mel dCP does a low carb version so maybe there is hope for me as a T2?

#110 zand, Jul 8, 2019 at 9:08 AM
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  11. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

This thread has been closed to further replies, due to serial bickering, topic meandering and the non-return of the OP.

Threads must stay on-topic and members must comply with our Ethos and Rules. The Ethos and Rules can be found here: Forum Rules

Any specific posts you consider require Mod intervention should be reported in a timely manner, so that, where required interrvention can take place in an equally timely manner.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook