What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from the eye hosp and all is well. They said the vitreous humour is drying out with age (! Charming) and there’s a broken blood vessel at the back which is probably causing the halo. It should sort itself out. What a relief!!! Wasn’t expecting that today but feel so lucky to have been referred and sorted out so quickly. The NHS at its best!
Thank you everyone for your comments and good wishes @ianpspurs @Bubbsie @gennepher @PenguinMum @dunelm @Geeful @SaskiaKC
Great outcome - and breathe

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back from the eye hosp and all is well. They said the vitreous humour is drying out with age (! Charming) and there’s a broken blood vessel at the back which is probably causing the halo. It should sort itself out. What a relief!!! Wasn’t expecting that today but feel so lucky to have been referred and sorted out so quickly. The NHS at its best!
Thank you everyone for your comments and good wishes @ianpspurs @Bubbsie @gennepher @PenguinMum @dunelm @Geeful @SaskiaKC

Good news! Thanks. :)

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So it’s silly o’clock, 3.24, I can’t sleep! Sugars are at 5.3. Any sleep suggestions please good peeps

I take one acetaminophen tablet. Or, if I'm even a little hungry, I eat something. Or I groom a horse in my head, starting at the top of his head right behind his ears. I never make it past the bottom of his neck. So maybe some similar routine procedure that you know well and enjoy doing, that relaxes you when awake?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s raining. This is good as some of the plants outside looked a bit fed up and I forgot to water them last night.

I think that the wonder wheel of misinformation and besmirched reputations is on a holding pattern while the pilot is having a nap. It trawled along at 5.5 from 0230 until I awoke at 0545, coughed, jumped up to 6.1 and is currently sitting at 5.6.

My grandson, Mr Pickle, as part of his school cricket team, was at Headingley yesterday for the primary school county finals. They finished 12th out of the 500 schools in the contest. Pretty good for a first attempt. He looks forward to next year when he will be in year 6. Coming from a rugby family where his grandfather and all his uncles played or still play at club level, some even get paid, this is a bit disappointing yet at the same time we are glad for the little chap and cheer on his endeavors. He already plays football for Yorkshire school boys (another disappointment), is getting quite good at golf (disappointing) and is in the school cross country team (excellent - well done).

Have a great day if you can, dancing in the rain on a warm morning is very uplifting if you are a bit down. Don’t worry about the neighbours - they are just jealous that they didn’t think of it first.

Last edited:

Viv19

That is the best news DJC3. So glad to hear it. Sometimes the NHS comes up trumps!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

off out volunteering today so the rain and haar we have here currently will not make too much difference but we have a yellow weather warning of 'thunderstorms and torrential rain' on the forecast for later ;)

Summer continues to be mostly soggy so far but at least our having sandy soil isn't a watering problem just now :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning at 6am. I am on call to dash to my parents when the Lifelong people ring to say that they are on the way to install the gubbins that will give them and me peace of mind. It is a sobering thought that you are responsible for your parents rather than them being responsible for you!
It is also the day for bins (garden and recycling) and shopping! Can I cope with any more excitement in 1 day??
Take care

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. This was the second test - the first one was so high I knew it wasn't correct. Washed hands properly and am happy with a test in the 5s.

Not leaving for London until our new phones arrive. Have had a BlackBerry for years and years and my new phone is a Samsung Galaxy so am hoping it will be easy to set up.

Will wait until Monday to change over phones as I am not that confident that it will go well.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning at 6am. I am on call to dash to my parents when the Lifelong people ring to say that they are on the way to install the gubbins that will give them and me peace of mind. It is a sobering thought that you are responsible for your parents rather than them being responsible for you!
It is also the day for bins (garden and recycling) and shopping! Can I cope with any more excitement in 1 day??
Take care

Hope all the gubbins acts to give you all some peace. We are trying to persuade my mother in law to think about sheltered accommodation. The place has a trial apartment that she can move into for up to six weeks to see if she likes the environment. Just have to wait and see.

Many condolences to your bins for not being part of the internationally recognized bin day, which is Wednesday. We are out of phase with you. This week it was general waste - our garden and recycling bins are already anticipating their turn.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Another restless night here. Fbg is 5.7.
Have a bit of shopping but might leave till tomo and a bit of light gardening.
@DJC3 glad the eye investigations turned out well. Hope today’s check up goes well.
Have a good Thurs everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. This was the second test - the first one was so high I knew it wasn't correct. Washed hands properly and am happy with a test in the 5s.

Not leaving for London until our new phones arrive. Have had a BlackBerry for years and years and my new phone is a Samsung Galaxy so am hoping it will be easy to set up.

Will wait until Monday to change over phones as I am not that confident that it will go well.

Transferring phone data can be a real chew even though Samsung has a “smart switch” system - I have recently used it to set up a new Samsung Galaxy from my old one.
Some things will transfer OK, some, like stored passwords and some contacts may not.
Suggest you back up the BlackBerry first and even write down all your log in details in preparation.

You can have a look at the BlackBerry to Samsung procedure here:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/...fer-data-from-my-blackberry-to-my-new-device/

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau