Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chaps, I’ve been thinking (basically because I’m sat in the sofa with my leg up) - would anyone be interested in a meet-up?
Oh yes, I'd love to meet everyone. If there's food involved, i'll run as quick as Usain Bolt.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Chaps, I’ve been thinking (basically because I’m sat in the sofa with my leg up) - would anyone be interested in a meet-up?

I'd be interested, and I like the idea of eating, but we all live so far away from each other.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'm in Devon and I'd forgotten that you have a side line going as a bus driver!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm interested in a meet up if it's possible around Life, the Universe and everything else. Being in the Midlands means I'm not actually too far from anywhere for travel purposes!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in West Midlands, good connections to Coventry and Birmingham. @Mel dCP You could be like "i'm picking up the squad in my bus". :hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm interested @Mel dCP . I can also get around. Fair bit happening with gigs & wot not at the moment.. Also drive an 8 seater..

It would be great for us all to hook up! :cool:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I quite like the sound of this meet up already :)
What would we be doing though? a walk and a meal? coffee, snacks and good ol' chat?

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys.
May I ask. When most of u got diagnosed maybe during ur working lives how much was u off work for. I'm into my 2nd month off as don't feel right to return.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys.
May I ask. When most of u got diagnosed maybe during ur working lives how much was u off work for. I'm into my 2nd month off as don't feel right to return.
I was diagnosed quite young - 8 years old, so I was out of school most of year 4-5 and I was out of school for few months in year 9.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys.
I wasn't off work. But very different scenario with diagnosis, never needed hospital and was misdiagnosed as a T2 first.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the welcome! I haven't been here before hh1!
I hope your knee feels better fast @Mel dCP they can make it rough going.
I had an acupuncturist appointment today and for some reason my sugar likes to drop from it. It does from a dental appointment too. I think most peoples goes up???
Don't know about the acupuncturist but mine drops like a brick at the dentist. I suppose being scared and nervous takes a lot of energy and my diabetes doesn't seem to react to emotions very strongly.

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys.

I was diagnosed at the beginning of the summer holiday break on my 8th birthday (pretty much taken down a couple of days before we broke up?) & was back to school in September.