What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Never mnd the suny uplands.
Good afternoon everyone - and good morning for those where they are the other side of Zulu time.

No reading this morning, the wonder wheel of “ey’up marra mi brief butterfly like life cycle is up, hope you have a replac....................”. But I hadn’t. I removed the wonder wheel and Mrs Miggins and I had brief and very moving service for it and then chucked it into the bin in our hotel room.

Mum now left and just had a message that she is in Ikea, Bordeaux with her friend - probably attacking meatballs and lingonberry sauce. We are now back home, raw wonder wheel fitted and, like the mad Baron Frankenstein with his modern Prometheus, I shouted “it’s alive” -well after the 60min waking up period so not as exciting or intense, more like these dopey presenters who say, “and the winner is...........(4 year pause)......Boris Karloff”.

Have a wonderful bin day.
Yes, yes. Just tell us the numbers Boris Never mind the sunny uplands and yer mate JRM's £80 bn magical money forest. Answer the question:angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Never mnd the suny uplands.
Yes, yes. Just tell us the numbers Boris Never mind the sunny uplands and yer mate JRM's £80 bn magical money forest. Answer the question:angelic:
The old readings are now dead in the water and a line has been drawn under it with red crayon. I have now opened up a fresh new set of negotiations with the newly elected wonder wheel, now fitted on the other arm. So far things are looking good, an opening bid of 6.1 just after lunch. But, to be clear, if we can’t arrive at a decent reading that satisfies both the wonder wheel and the app on my phone then, as I said, the whole thing is dead in the water and I will leave the system and, and, use prick and tell.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.6 yesterday and 4.5 today

been tidying up and backing up my stuff on the computer so I don't lose anything when I change the system hard drive shortly :)
it's amazing the 'stuff' I've accumulated :hilarious:

Also been knitting some baby things for a friend who sends them to local hospitals, Trying not to get too bogged down in revising my menu options and concentrate on other things for a bit, I can be a bit of a control freak/geek if I allow myself to be ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.6 yesterday and 4.5 today

been tidying up and backing up my stuff on the computer so I don't lose anything when I change the system hard drive shortly :)
it's amazing the 'stuff' I've accumulated :hilarious:

Also been knitting some baby things for a friend who sends them to local hospitals, Trying not to get too bogged down in revising my menu options and concentrate on other things for a bit, I can be a bit of a control freak/geek if I allow myself to be ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
Great numbers again and pleasing to sense a return to form. The involvement in other things is definitely the way forward IMHO but I know nothing.

Reactions: Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was travelling through Australia on my way home from working in Bangkok (I might have done a slight detour), I stayed with my uncle and his family in Victoria. He was in the police force there in a not very large town (at the time- it has very much increased in size now) on the Prince’s Highway, a coastal road running eastwards from Melbourne towards Sydney.
He had speed traps that they moved around the road that ran through their town. He said that people complained about the speed traps, but he and his colleagues were fed up with all the accidents caused by fast cars not slowing down for a small town. He said ‘we are the ones who have to physically scrape them off the road, and we are the ones who have to knock on the door and tell their next of kin how they died.’ I’d never thought of it from this point of view before.

He certainly had a good point. I've driven through small towns that were county seats and all traffic was routed not just through the town but around the courthouse square. When I was a college kid I thought it was just to show off the little town and catch speeders but it was probably a way to force traffic to slow down and actually even stop at the intersections.

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning and a 3-month checkup with my doctor this afternoon. I'm not looking forward to it but maybe we'll be able to discuss some sort of diet that will result in good numbers for blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight. And some magic pill that will block all cravings for food that actually satisfies the soul.

Viv19

I’ve read something that gave me the idea that my cwc in the morning, the tasty drop that rewards and wakes me, might be the reason(or one of) why I’m not getting into ketosis. And the nuts. Now banned for a few day’s trial.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning and a 3-month checkup with my doctor this afternoon. I'm not looking forward to it but maybe we'll be able to discuss some sort of diet that will result in good numbers for blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight. And some magic pill that will block all cravings for food that actually satisfies the soul.
Hope the 3 month check goes well and whatever the results it is clear from your postings that you are doing all you can. Each of us has other concerns than diabetes and a hinterland of tastes which make things complicated. Think the idea is not to make the perfect the enemy of the good.

Reactions: gennepher

Viv19

Morning All. 5.8 today and as @pavlosn says any 5 is good news.
@Krystyna23040 glad the sore paw is getting better. @gennepher you are a very creative lady in so many different ways. @Bildad hug for the migraine and bad sleep. @Viv19 take it gently with the painting maybe do a few gentle stretches before and after. @Bubbsie I feel your pain I went up to London yesterday took a wrong (because I was wedged between two large lorries) and ended up in heavy traffic so may have offended without knowing it. Hope the boiler man comes early rather than late.
Have a good Wednesday everyone. Stsy well, stay safe.

Thanks. We have to do it in stages due to limited space (garage) and drying time. We’re juggling here. So I had a lunch break and now have a couple of hours before the next shift.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope the 3 month check goes well and whatever the results it is clear from your postings that you are doing all you can. Each of us has other concerns than diabetes and a hinterland of tastes which make things complicated. Think the idea is not to make the perfect the enemy of the good.

Thank you.
thumbupleft.gif

I really like your idea of not making the perfect the enemy of the good. I haven't thought about it that way before but I do tend to be a perfectionist, to my own detriment.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also been knitting some baby things for a friend who sends them to local hospitals,
My first born was a month premature skinny little thing and spent the first 48 hours wrapped in a hat, jacket, mittens and bootees knitted by some saviour to keep prem babies warm, so thank you so much. It really matters.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long may you satisfy your soul and hopefully find some “good for you” eats on the way. I hope the review was successful and your doctor was cheerful. I find if a healthcare professional is of a cheerful disposition it goes a long way.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. My low carb wobble has steadied again and I’m all raring to go.

I let my fbg and my insulin amounts get a bit varied thanks to other health stuff.

Anyway back in line and a significant reduction in all things carb again. 4.6 yesterday and 7.9 today.
Wish me luck!

Day 3 of back to basics !

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. My low carb wobble has steadied again and I’m all raring to go.

I let my fbg and my insulin amounts get a bit varied thanks to other health stuff.

Anyway back in line and a significant reduction in all things carb again. 4.6 yesterday and 7.9 today.
Wish me luck!

Your back in the zone and thats what matters. Good FBGs. Hope other issues are more settled?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long may you satisfy your soul and hopefully find some “good for you” eats on the way. I hope the review was successful and your doctor was cheerful. I find if a healthcare professional is of a cheerful disposition it goes a long way.

I agree, and my doctor is. Thank you. :) My doc and I actually chat a little about things besides health. And the assistants (they don't seem to call them nurses anymore for some reason) are mostly nice too. It does help.

And that is one of the things I do like about living in a city -- there are lots of doctors to choose from, and I found a good one.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone,

Wish me luck!

Good luck! And a big hug.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 at 5am
It’s now gone from the 8’s into the 7’s
Happy Celebratory dance
:):happy::shy::joyful::shy::happy::)
Happy Thursday to everyone
Don’t forget it is Black Bin Day if you live near me....

>^..^<