What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another night another migraine. I am almost afraid to go to bed. At least my BG is behaving at the moment, 5.3 this morning. I can't go to the docs until I have a 2 week headache diary, so it will be early August before I get to see her (summer camp is at that very time)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope it is easily sorted and he/she has all the parts they need on the van.
gennepher they are not leaving until the radiator & the boiler are working...after a night & early morning changing bowls & mopping the floor there is no escape until it is fixed;)

Reactions: geefull

Viv19

I had never heard of a 'bus gate' gennepher there wasn't an obvious sign...in fact I didn't see any roadside warning...now I know why it's painted on the actual road I can see it in the photos they have sent but couldn't see it on the road...what pains me is if someone were being robbed/assaulted or harassed they wouldn't capture that...there's no money in it...I have read up about this particular one numerous complaints and apparently the local council are raking the money in...in the first six weeks there were 12.500 tickets handed out netting them £120K

Road signs painted on the road are pretty useless. They’re ok unless there’s a lot of traffic, and then you can’t see anything. Cheap way of signposting. And very irritating. At the very least you could campaign for visible signs!!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Quick Morening no time.
A good 7.2 this morning, I have to drive a long way.
I'm being treated to a view of a dungeon with lots torture implements with the promise of that if I'm well behaved for the next week I can be the victim in the dungeon.....Oh free pain....
Have a good day folks.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning - still feeling really tired today.

I noticed that some of our jars of herbs were going out of date. So yesterday husband checked them all. The worst one was 2005!. So all the really old ones have been binned.

Doggies foot much better - so antibiotics are working. It's great to see him back to his old self.

I absolutely love my new Samsung Galaxy phone which I was really surprised about as I have had BlackBerries since the beginning of time. Thank you @dunelm for the transfer info - the transfer was effortless. It took a little longer to work out where to find my emails on the new phone - but I did find them in the end.

Viv19

Sounds like speed traps in small towns where the local cops are out to ticket anyone driving through with a license plate from a big city. I get that some of the little towns are so broke they don't have enough in the coffers to pay the police let alone fund the local schools, but setting up speed traps to ticket "rich" outsiders seems a bit like "legal" highwaymanship to me ...

When I was travelling through Australia on my way home from working in Bangkok (I might have done a slight detour), I stayed with my uncle and his family in Victoria. He was in the police force there in a not very large town (at the time- it has very much increased in size now) on the Prince’s Highway, a coastal road running eastwards from Melbourne towards Sydney.
He had speed traps that they moved around the road that ran through their town. He said that people complained about the speed traps, but he and his colleagues were fed up with all the accidents caused by fast cars not slowing down for a small town. He said ‘we are the ones who have to physically scrape them off the road, and we are the ones who have to knock on the door and tell their next of kin how they died.’ I’d never thought of it from this point of view before.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheap way of signposting.
I had a look at the web site @jjraak mentioned...it's full of photos & complaints of this 'bus gate' all say the same Viv...I will think about it but TBH it would be far cheaper & less time consuming to pay the fines

Reactions: Viv19

Viv19

6.8 last night and 6.6 this morning. Finally slightly better.
We are in the process of painting the wood that will be used to replace the steps from the lower veranda to the garden. 15 squared poles about 1.60 long were undercoated yesterday. This being done with them propped on stone blocks in the garage while we scrabble between them and paint. It works but I could hardly get out of bed for back pain this morning. And at least two more days of painting- each coat and dry overnight.
In the meantime the weeds are consolidating their roots ever deeper while the temperatures go up. They will laugh at me when I can’t get them out next week.
Whoever said old age ain’t for sissies was on the right track.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 today and as @pavlosn says any 5 is good news.
@Krystyna23040 glad the sore paw is getting better. @gennepher you are a very creative lady in so many different ways. @Bildad hug for the migraine and bad sleep. @Viv19 take it gently with the painting maybe do a few gentle stretches before and after. @Bubbsie I feel your pain I went up to London yesterday took a wrong (because I was wedged between two large lorries) and ended up in heavy traffic so may have offended without knowing it. Hope the boiler man comes early rather than late.
Have a good Wednesday everyone. Stsy well, stay safe.

Reactions: Viv19 and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 Great fbg and good news about the dog's claw. @Bildad hug for the migraine and bad sleep. @HarrisonK sorry about higher fbg but kudos for attitude and good old Percy. @Viv19 hug for back pain with more painting to come. @pavlosn great news about the air con and better sleep. @trick60 man hug for the cramp.
So, my fbg was 5.2. Safe but last week's 4s were better. Entirely sub optimal last four weeks of overall performance by my standards but bg fine. This balancing act is a devil when personal tastes have radically altered and other weaknesses rule out mainstays of lchf. Still, I know lots of people would be happy to be where I am whilst I figure out the answer to this riddle. Take care.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning.

a week of high 5's and 6.0/6.1's last week

this weeks similar and today's 6.1 representative of a normal running level since cyprus.
Have been imbibing of the odd beer or two most nights since return, so i guess that has to stop if i want to dive the FG down to the mid 5's again.

Good luck @Bubbsie with #Busgate
Liking the love for the new phone @Krystyna23040
(Welcome to the world of droids, i normally back up all my contacts etc to google, and next phone, simply reload it with all the previous data...not sure what apps you get on yours but google photos and files by google, are well worth a look over.)

my little weather app expects rains thursday afternoon.
so enjoy the sunshine while ya can.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel your pain I went up to London yesterday took a wrong (because I was wedged between two large lorries) and ended up in heavy traffic so may have offended without knowing it. Hope the boiler man comes early rather than late.
Tiresome isn't it PM some bus lanes operate 7am-10am others are 24hrs...I'm sure they'll let you know soon enough if you have erred...fingers crossed you haven't...as for the boiler man no sign of them yet...I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling they will be late or won't turn up at all.

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Neither hypo nor hyper but a wee bit low for driving? Us Ian's don't seem to be getting the recipe exactly right but I know your issues are an order of magnitude more difficult than mine. Admire the way you carry yourself good sir.

Ian

We’re all soldiers in the diabetic army
We stand united fighting diabetes
We’re all different but our objectives are roughly similar

You are a good man, you support everyone on this particular thread and your contributions are most welcome.

You take the best care of yourself that you can, ups and downs highs and lows we all get them from time to time.

Take care and regards
Ian

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning - still feeling really tired today.

I noticed that some of our jars of herbs were going out of date. So yesterday husband checked them all. The worst one was 2005!. So all the really old ones have been binned.

Doggies foot much better - so antibiotics are working. It's great to see him back to his old self.

I absolutely love my new Samsung Galaxy phone which I was really surprised about as I have had BlackBerries since the beginning of time. Thank you @dunelm for the transfer info - the transfer was effortless. It took a little longer to work out where to find my emails on the new phone - but I did find them in the end.

glad it went well - I think transferring data between current and new electronic hosts is up there with moving home and for some folk getting a school place for their children that is not 47.3 miles away (other stressful episodes in life are available, like hitting your thumb with a hammer).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone - and good morning for those where they are the other side of Zulu time.

No reading this morning, the wonder wheel of “ey’up marra mi brief butterfly like life cycle is up, hope you have a replac....................”. But I hadn’t. I removed the wonder wheel and Mrs Miggins and I had a brief and very moving service for it and then chucked it into the bin in our hotel room.

Mum now left and just had a message that she is in Ikea, Bordeaux with her friend - probably attacking meatballs and lingonberry sauce. We are now back home, raw wonder wheel fitted and, like the mad Baron Frankenstein with his modern Prometheus, I shouted “it’s alive” -well after the 60min waking up period so not as exciting or intense, more like these dopey presenters who say, “and the winner is...........(4 year pause)......Boris Karloff”.

Have a wonderful bin day.

Last edited: