What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning a 6.1..but who cares today...
i just celebrated my ( so far) good results from yesterday, with a humongous tortilla like omelette

Onion, peppers, bacon, several eggs, and a nice side of Avocado..
(yeah, yeah..i know..but it worked well, me liked..., so will be doing the avocado side again.)

i just spent a rather interesting time checking my on line tests form yesterday..(sad yes..but that's just me..:wacky: :D)

not got full report back yet Lipids etc, but so far all good.

have kept a record of all mine since my little episode in 2011..had several blood checks, printed and kept.
and since 2018 DX i've now had four to compare.

Had a few drop down a little..But still within normal range, i guess this is due to me following advise and fasting properly before blood draw 9:00 pm prev day until 12:15 next afternoon of blood test

Nice thing i found is where the record from docs says 'information about this test'
i presume that names change and so do the ranges as better awareness comes to light,
so that was interesting to note something i may not have in my older documentation MAY actually be there, just under another name..

and of course the range i had noted has shifted slightly up or down, which helps indicate whether i am more in the centre of range, prev counts slipping me under or over then normal levels...overall interesting stuff to a geek..:watching:;).

Lashing down here in the Capital.
Enjoy your day anyway you can, this one only passes by the one time,

unless it GROUNDHOG DAY...in which i'll simply repeat this post WITH my full blood panel

see ya all TOMORROW...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
aww, @Bubbsie ..i hope the day turns a corner for you./.stress is not good for us.
wishing a better day today, my friend.

and @Cumberland ..i guess the 5's are good for you but not so nice when your under that bar ?
have a good un, fella.

@dunelm ..hey how cool is that sat nav thing.
been using mine for ages....and i too noted the speed cams..Nice.

and how cool is the SUN interviews with our own @Debandez and @DJC3 & Denis aka scrappy doo.

Have a good day all.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Help! I’m in a car traveling to Birmingham to pick up the minions for the weekend. Have you noticed that google maps now warns of speed cameras when used as a satnav (not the sneaky mobile ones though)?

The wonder wheel of early morning rising and travel flasks dithered around 5.5 this morning.

Bike sailed through it’s MOT - how does a car or bike “sail”?

Have a great day if you can.

Wouldn't it be great if Google maps warned of bus gates and lanes!

54caf55fe1c07_-_amphibious-cars-02-0812-de.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 today. I hope I'll remember to check my online medical chart today for any results from Wednesday's labs. This time they didn't do a separate finger stick for the A1C; the lab tech said they would get it from the elbow jab. She did a much better job with the jab than the lab tech did back in April. I've had no bruising at all this time (but she taped my elbow up with the same vet wrap the KittenCat's vet uses after blood draws, the same that horse docs use. A bit much considering it was just one needle prick that didn't even bleed! I managed to rip it off before going out in public.)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...a very difficult day yesterday (it's a long story) so not in the best frame of mind...raining now which suits my mood entirely...I must get busy as I need a distraction...woke to a 6.2 after restless nights sleep.
Sending hugs for the difficult day and bad nights sleep. Decent fbg all things considered! Hope Harry and Churchill help you feel better.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just celebrated my ( so far) good results from yesterday, with a humongous tortilla like omelette
I like your style JJ that sounds amazing! Thats where I go wrong I always celebrate with a G&T ;) Thanks to you and @dunelm for explaining the excess sugar after fasting...very useful I didnt know that. Bet @Krystyna23040 feels much happier now.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got text back, to say happy an understatement.

"HBA1c NORMAL..stop...EATWELL OBVIOUSLY WORKING..stop..HAVE A BIG BANANA SANDWICH TO CELEBRATE..stop..."

Ok it did only say bloods normal...;)
and i'm still awaiting actual score, but jolly happy...

thank YOU ALL so much for the Guidance, Camaraderie, Banter, Fun & laughs.

You helped me stay on track AND kept me sane in a ever increasingly mad world.

Love you all.xx

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got text back, to say happy an understatement.

"HBA1c NORMALLY..stop...EATWELL OBVIOUSLY WORKING..stop..HAVE A BIG BANANA SANDWICH TO CELEBRATE..stop..."

Ok it did only say bloods normal...;)
and i'm still awaiting actual score, but jolly happy...

thank YOU ALL so much for the Guidance, Camaraderie, Banter, Fun & laughs.

You helped me stay on track AND kept me sane in a ever increasingly mad world.

Love you all.xx
Well done young JJ...your Auntie Pengie knew you would turn out good!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like your style JJ that sounds amazing! Thats where I go wrong I always celebrate with a G&T ;) Thanks to you and @dunelm for explaining the excess sugar after fasting...very useful I didnt know that. Bet @Krystyna23040 feels much happier now.

Sod that now @PenguinMum
i'll be taking a leaf Right out of the 'Aunty Pengie' playbook, and be cracking out the vodka to go with my Diet indian tonic water.:wacky:

( Which reminds me the 3 month score included the aftermath of india..(eating & drinking :bag: )
and Cyprus (eating & drinking :bag: )
so all in all a Blooming marvelous result...:D

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sod that now @PenguinMum
i'll be taking a leaf Right of the 'Aunty Pengie' playbook, and be cracking out the vodka to go with my Diet indian tonic water.:wacky:

( Which reminds me the 3 month score included the aftermath of india..(eating & drinking :bag: )
and Cyprus (eating & drinking :bag: )
so all in all a Blooming marvelous result...:D
AND we all enjoyed those holidays (almost) as much as you did..so we are all winners..is the sun over the yardarm yet? Course it is..somewhere!

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That does sound a bit over-dramatic though its good there was no bruising. Good luck with the results. Does the vet have to use anaesthetic on KC to do a blood test?

No but they had to muzzle my older kitty and wrap her in a towel and wear huge leather gauntlets to hold her still, and she still yelled the place down.

AND we all enjoyed those holidays (almost) as much as you did..so we are all winners..is the sun over the yardarm yet? Course it is..somewhere!

It's well over the yardarm here. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau