What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did another fast yesterday 19hrs. This morning 5.2. So a much better reading than yesterday. Have been a bit lax with the fasting over the past few months so will go back to doing 3 or 4 fasts a week in an effort to speed up my journey along the road to better health.

Took doggie for his first walk since Monday. He was so happy and paw seems ok. Will need to keep an eye on it. Last day of antibiotics tomorrow.
That is brilliant!!!
Well done
:happy:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. The promised thunder, lightning and rain is manifesting itself at present by an imitation of a warm and sunny morning with a fresh breeze - the calm before the storm or is Michael Fish on the case?

The wonder wheel of overindulgent chicken scoffing and ersatz cricket scores coughed up a flat 6 this morning.

The battle of Cat Street is going well. The borders at the front of the house have been turned into a cat version of the Battle of The Bulge - hundreds of pine cones, pointy rocks, old CD’s jabbed into the ground, plants that cats don’t seem to like together with sprays of various kinds and finished off with some lion poo impregnated pellets. Durning the past three weeks, only one foray by the enemy which was quickly cleared up and that part of the border strengthened using anti-cat fence spikes.
I was reminded this week about how our physics teacher introduced the idea of electrostatics by demonstrations using a cat skin and a glass rod - So, I have added psychological warfare to the campaign - a laminated photo of said equipment with the caption - “this could be you” - Hopefully the moggy will get the idea. In an official statement issued to owner of said moggy (she has six) we said, “we have absolutely no intention of using the fox trap and any rumors about the existence of such equipment is fake news”.

Have a great day if you can

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
or is Michael Fish on the case?
Michael Fish saved my bacon with his totally inaccurate prediction on the weather ( don't worry there's no hurricane on the way ) ...I had a piece of course work due in for the final year of my degree I hadn't finished it and it counted towards my final award panic set in...couldn't sleep that night then the next morning our lectures & attendance was cancelled due to the storm for the next three days...I took that as a sign & did the course work ready quick smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The battle of Cat Street is going well. The borders at the front of the house have been turned into a cat version of the Battle of The Bulge - hundreds of pine cones, pointy rocks, old CD’s jabbed into the ground, plants that cats don’t seem to like together with sprays of various kinds and finished off with some lion poo impregnated pellets. Durning the past three weeks, only one foray by the enemy which was quickly cleared up and that part of the border strengthened using anti-cat fence spikes.
I was reminded this week about our physics teacher introduced the idea of electrostatics by demonstrations using a cat skin and a glass rod - So, I have added psychological warfare to the campaign - a laminated photo of said equipment with the caption - “this could be you” - Hopefully the moggy will get the idea. In an official statement issued to owner of said moggy (she has six) we said, “we have absolutely no intention of using the fox trap and any rumors about the existence of such equipment is fake news”.

Have a great day if you can

Brilliant, never thought of fox traps........just orf to the local Argos to purchase a couple.

Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.0 ...wait....do I hear Hawai calling?.....
Its the fish factor again with a bit of help from G&T.
@gennepher great news....you are storming this. @jjraak so glad you’re in the safe zone.
@Bildad hug for the migraine and still.helping others. @SaskiaKC I hope Daisy never needs bloods done as she would definitely need anaesthetic. She is so nervous she wont even allow me to hold her. Bobs on the other hand would double blink those big green eyes and be charming probs. Anyone seen @ianpspurs I think he has run away with Peppa Pig!
Have a great Satuday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Grab your paddle Board @PenguinMum ..your UP..:D

Fantastic score, G&T you say..Must investigate..;)

Enjoy the day,
and Thank you.x

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.8 yesterday .... was 4.8 this morning ;)

it's the Sutherland County show today and the first day of the village gala so naturally it rained all morning :sorry: it's cheered up a bit now so that's good, may be a bit muddy underfoot though :)

The young seagull is getting adventurous now and has wandered across the village street to potter around the church as a change from our dustbin :hilarious: Off out shortly to stock up on supplies of full fat yoghurt. Might get some cream too in case the blackbirds accidentally leave us enough gooseberries for pudding tomorrow .

Hope your day is treating you well :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a little hungover..only had 3 beers,..what a lightweight...:bag:

Bg 6.3.
day going well, nice and lazy.
used the data to check out my ongoing IR, dropping nicely.
still a way to go, but definitely on the right track

( For those wanting to check themselves Link is HERE
and Trig converter is HERE
for glucose i simply used the DCUK converter for HBA1c to mmol
and multiply by 38.67 )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.0 ...wait....do I hear Hawai calling?.....
Its the fish factor again with a bit of help from G&T.
@gennepher great news....you are storming this. @jjraak so glad you’re in the safe zone.
@Bildad hug for the migraine and still.helping others. @SaskiaKC I hope Daisy never needs bloods done as she would definitely need anaesthetic. She is so nervous she wont even allow me to hold her. Bobs on the other hand would double blink those big green eyes and be charming probs. Anyone seen @ianpspurs I think he has run away with Peppa Pig!
Have a great Satuday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Safe and sound @PenguinMum just slept very late for me -2 mornings running at the hotel 8.00 to 8.30. Julie needed plenty of tramadol before moving about so dash for breakfast, room clearance and home. Now home and tucking into several pints of tea. @gennepher great news about being in the 6s. @jjraak fantastic results and I am pretty certain you could pass as normal - in some areas of Norfolk at least. That IR tool is useful and thanks to @ziggy_w for the link. She seems to have dropped off the radar unless she is on other threads. The trigs element is my saviour but you should storm it with those results.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @SaskiaKC hope all good in your world today? I like to know you and the KC are ok. Are you fed up of the lunar landings celebrations yet? My father got up in the night to watch it, I asked but wasnt allowed so I did what I always did crept down the enclosed stairs and watched through the tongue and groove paneling, bit like watching through a keyhole. Bet not many watched it like that!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC hope all good in your world today? I like to know you and the KC are ok. Are you fed up of the lunar landings celebrations yet? My father got up in the night to watch it, I asked but wasnt allowed so I did what I always did crept down the enclosed stairs and watched through the tongue and groove paneling, bit like watching through a keyhole. Bet not many watched it like that!

We watched a lot of the space race things on TV at school -- from Alan Shepherd on. The other night I watched the first episode of a series about it but that's all I've watched. Between the space race and WWII programming this summer I've been taking refuge in sitcoms to have something to watch and laugh about. My sister had a button back in the day that she probably should have kept to sell on eBay. It said "You're out of this world, Sputnik!"
Come to think of it, one of the girls who boarded at my first lesson barn had a horse named Sputnik -- a red horse of course :D.