What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 at 0500, no idea why I am paying homage to my days as an early riser but here I am, awake. I suppose I should find something to do after the coming caffeine injection. Enjoy the day :)

Last edited:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6,2 for me today.

Back in Protaras and went to a lovely dinner with friends in nearby Agia Napa in a restaurant within the villages fishing harbour.

Agia Napa is a notorious night spot that gets a lot of press because of its nightlife and often wild behaviour of some of its younger visitors.

There is more to the place than that though and it was nice to be reminded of this last night

Have a great Sunday

Pavlos
20190720_223247.jpeg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...it's been a trying couple of days...despite that my numbers seem to be slightly lower somehow...the sun has arrived on the first sip of my coffee (what would I do without it must have a second) … woke to a 5.6 haven't seen one of those for a long time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunny a with a slight breeze here ahead of very hot week - for uk. @pavlosn beautiful picture and balancing information about Agia Napa. @Viv19 good to read your numbers are starting to cheer you up. @Bubbsie sorry to hear of your trying few days but good that your numbers have held up well despite that. @HarrisonK and @PatsyB hug for unintentional early rising.
fbg of 5.2 which could obviously be worse but this show is in its ninth season and I already know the season finale will be a bit of let down. Writer lacks the know how to change it yet I still keep tuning in. Sad really but all the other channels are much worse. Just like supporting Spurs, its the hope that kills.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...it's been a trying couple of days...despite that my numbers seem to be slightly lower somehow...the sun has arrived on the first sip of my coffee (what would I do without it must have a second) … woke to a 5.6 haven't seen one of those for a long time.
Great that your numbers are so good - even though the last couple of days have been stressful. Hopefully next week will be more tranquil.

I agree about the coffee. Have had two Nespresso's and am sitting here debating whether I should be really wicked and have a a third.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 on first prick! Thought that might be duff strip. 5.5 on 2nd jab! 3rd time 5.2! That's codefree for you!!! I'm running with 5.2.

Trying to catch up on thread. Just 145 more which I will do at some point today. Lovely to read what everyone is up to and have a giggle along the way.

I'm here at Real Food Rocks in the beautiful lake district. The view from my room is stunning. Here is yesterdays social media post. Met up with @Goonergal and @rhubarb73 which was really lovely. Made the wonderful experience even more special.

What a great day! Loved every second. First ever Real Food Rocks event and certainly not the last going off how successful it's been. The drive to Ambleside was a little challenging with the torrential rain! Thought it might be a wash out but as usual 4 seasons in one day. So sun came out and shone down on us most of the day. The hotel (Brathay Hall) is just beautiful. Magnificent setting. Lots of interesting stalls in the grounds selling their wares. Mainly food. Delicious food. Then inside the hall so many talks and presentations. We were really spoilt for choice. I picked one by local Southport low carb GP Dr David Unwin. What a lovely guy. Funny too and gave a great talk. Local hero Ice Cold Chef from Blackpool who shared his and his wife's journeys with type 2 diabetes, pre diabetes and MS. And all whilst showing us a few low carb recipes and sharing some hints and tips. Ivor Cummins another of my heroes who gave a great talk on heart health. Dr Simon Tobin who is another Southport GP who does a lot in the community around the charity Parkrun. He inspired me so much I've decided I'm taking up running!!!(remains to be seen .). And many more amazing speakers. Spending quality time with the lovely @Goonergal made the day even more special. We even managed a walk into Ambleside and took some photos of the stunning scenery. And finally got to meet @rhubarb73, fellow t2d and very inspirational guy. Will definitely be coming next year.

Attachments

• IMG-20190720-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20190720-WA0029.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 263
  • FB_IMG_1563559607602.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563559607602.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning, which is good as we had a late dinner. It was lovely - rib eye steak from Aldi.

Just relaxing with my third Nespresso. We are off this morning for a lovely walk at Oxburgh Hall with the doggies and then more coffee in their cafe.

Am thinking that I might need to do some admin work later today. The course last week was really good and I learnt stuff which completely changes how I teach some exercises - which means that I have to update all the exercise sheets that I give out and all the individual lesson plans that I do for my 1:1s.

The enjoyable bit is teaching the new stuff - the not so enjoyable bit is sitting at the computer updating the handouts.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm here at Real Food Rocks in the beautiful lake district. The view from my room is stunning. Here is yesterdays social media post. Met up with @Goonergal and @rhubarb73 which was really lovely. Made the wonderful experience even more special.
Will definitely be coming next year.
What a wonderful day you had. I am so envious - what a brilliant event in a lovely part of the UK.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, running late again and will probably be orf the grid for the next few days. I will be in the dark and dangerous norf in deep unexplored valleys.

I'm not telling how I managed a 9.4 this morning and I don't care.

Well folks have a few good days.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Up late this morning after yet another rude awakening by a migraine at 2 am. BG reading was 4.7.
Take care

Reactions: Viv19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a wonderful day you had. I am so envious - what a brilliant event in a lovely part of the UK.

Still enjoying. This is my breakfast, and my view! Lucky lady.

Attachments

• 20190721_085433_resized.jpg
    20190721_085433_resized.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190721_085439_resized.jpg
    20190721_085439_resized.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 82

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alas the meter gave me a 9.6 at 5 am

This meter does not like me today.

So had a handful of cashew nuts like I normally do first thing.

A beautiful dawn, uplifting. So I thought gardening before the day heats up. So 5:30 am I am out there gardening. Had a couple of coffees with cream while I was out there. Been cutting down for 3 hours. Barely made an inroad into the jungle.

So come in now. Back killing me. Back in bed with support pillows. Not going to take painkillers unless I have to.

So, I thought I’ll take another reading....the meter gave me 9.6 again. Nah, so washed hands, tried again...9.6 it says again...

I’m throwing my toys out of my pram...

My garden thermometer in the shade in my back garden says 21.3C and it’s only 9 am now.

Just had my eggs and cheese scramble thingy. I’ll be taking another reading in 2 hours...

Cat is on the thatched swing and wants me to join him, but it’s back support in bed for a bit and a nap for me...

>^..^<

Reactions: DJC3

Viv19

Sunny a with a slight breeze here ahead of very hot week - for uk. @pavlosn beautiful picture and balancing information about Agia Napa. @Viv19 good to read your numbers are starting to cheer you up. @Bubbsie sorry to hear of your trying few days but good that your numbers have held up well despite that. @HarrisonK and @PatsyB hug for unintentional early rising.
fbg of 5.2 which could obviously be worse but this show is in its ninth season and I already know the season finale will be a bit of let down. Writer lacks the know how change it yet I still keep tuning in. Sad really but all the other channels are much worse. Just like supporting Spurs, its the hope that kills.

Glad to hear that you survived the Peppa Pig experience. I hadn’t realised that there was actually a Peppa Pig World! I would have been more sympathetic- poor you. We once had a visit to a Flintstone Park somewhere near to Vancouver - the good thing about it was that it mid week and few visitors and no queues. But it was long ago. They had Flintstone style self powered cars that the kids loved - definitely an improvement on noisy/long queues and too many people Disneyland.

Viv19

4.5 on first prick! Thought that might be duff strip. 5.5 on 2nd jab! 3rd time 5.2! That's codefree for you!!! I'm running with 5.2.

Trying to catch up on thread. Just 145 more which I will do at some point today. Lovely to read what everyone is up to and have a giggle along the way.

What a great day! Loved every second. First ever Real Food Rocks event and certainly not the last going off how successful it's been. The drive to Ambleside was a little challenging with the torrential rain! Thought it might be a wash out but as usual 4 seasons in one day. So sun came out and shone down on us most of the day. The hotel (Brathay Hall) is just beautiful. Magnificent setting. Lots of interesting stalls in the grounds selling their wares. Mainly food. Delicious food. Then inside the hall so many talks and presentations. We were really spoilt for choice. I picked one by local Southport low carb GP Dr David Unwin. What a lovely guy. Funny too and gave a great talk. Local hero Ice Cold Chef from Blackpool who shared his and his wife's journeys with type 2 diabetes, pre diabetes and MS. And all whilst showing us a few low carb recipes and sharing some hints and tips. Ivor Cummins another of my heroes who gave a great talk on heart health. Dr Simon Tobin who is another Southport GP who does a lot in the community around the charity Parkrun. He inspired me so much I've decided I'm taking up running!!!(remains to be seen .). And many more amazing speakers. Spending quality time with the lovely @Goonergal made the day even more special. We even managed a walk into Ambleside and took some photos of the stunning scenery. And finally got to meet @rhubarb73, fellow t2d and very inspirational guy. Will definitely be coming next year.

That sounds amazing Debandez. I had no idea that anything like that happened. Lots going on in good ol uk.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6,2 for me today.

Back in Protaras and went to a lovely dinner with friends in nearby Agia Napa in a restaurant within the villages fishing harbour.

Agia Napa is a notorious night spot that gets a lot of press because of its nightlife and often wild behaviour of some of its younger visitors.

There is more to the place than that though and it was nice to be reminded of this last night

Have a great Sunday

PavlosView attachment 34409

Nice photo. I wonder if you went to the same restaurant as I did in 1974?