What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. All. 6.2 at 08.45 after a very late night didnt get to bed till 1am. Lovely evening out with my three NCT ladies who I met 29 years ago. We all different lives now but have an incredible bond, not least because there were five of us down the years but one of us is no longer on this planet. Food was ok ish though I didnt eat enough and was cold and hungry when I went to bed. But the comaraderie was top notch
@Debandez that festival sounds fantastic. If you book next year can you give me the heads up when to do so. I just might make it up that far. @Bubbsie great FBG keep the coffee rolling, it suits you. @Bildad not another bad night so hope the medics can come up with a plan. @harrison and @PatsyB sky larks take the day gently. @ianpspurs good to see you back where you belong and nice score. Dont worry it will soon be the new season never easy in a gooner household.
Well I have pottering to do today while OH and youngest son go to the cricket in Southampton. Youngest son arriving soon for cooked breakfast and with his bag of work shirts for me to turn around (after his first week in his new job).
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another promising day in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of dark o’clock and “why do two year olds decide that 0500 is a great time to get up” whimpered a flat 5.0. Which would have been a coincidence if the clock hadn’t just as the reading was taken, ticked over to 0502.

The TT’s, Chaos, Mayhem and Little Miss Pamplemousse, will be returned to their parents later today but not until this afternoon. This morning, we are going to visit one of those amazing and exhilarating soft play areas. You know, where children take off their shoes and climb through rooms constructed of scaffolding covered in lots of protective plastic coated foam while parents sit in a badly run cafe, serving things that were once food, looking all grey and bewildered, like zombies in one of those once popular TV programmes. Yep, that’s just the way we roll nowadays. Pass me my Foster Grants and a big cigar.

Have a great day if you can.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 on first prick! Thought that might be duff strip. 5.5 on 2nd jab! 3rd time 5.2! That's codefree for you!!! I'm running with 5.2.

Trying to catch up on thread. Just 145 more which I will do at some point today. Lovely to read what everyone is up to and have a giggle along the way.

I'm here at Real Food Rocks in the beautiful lake district. The view from my room is stunning. Here is yesterdays social media post. Met up with @Goonergal and @rhubarb73 which was really lovely. Made the wonderful experience even more special.

What a great day! Loved every second. First ever Real Food Rocks event and certainly not the last going off how successful it's been. The drive to Ambleside was a little challenging with the torrential rain! Thought it might be a wash out but as usual 4 seasons in one day. So sun came out and shone down on us most of the day. The hotel (Brathay Hall) is just beautiful. Magnificent setting. Lots of interesting stalls in the grounds selling their wares. Mainly food. Delicious food. Then inside the hall so many talks and presentations. We were really spoilt for choice. I picked one by local Southport low carb GP Dr David Unwin. What a lovely guy. Funny too and gave a great talk. Local hero Ice Cold Chef from Blackpool who shared his and his wife's journeys with type 2 diabetes, pre diabetes and MS. And all whilst showing us a few low carb recipes and sharing some hints and tips. Ivor Cummins another of my heroes who gave a great talk on heart health. Dr Simon Tobin who is another Southport GP who does a lot in the community around the charity Parkrun. He inspired me so much I've decided I'm taking up running!!!(remains to be seen .). And many more amazing speakers. Spending quality time with the lovely @Goonergal made the day even more special. We even managed a walk into Ambleside and took some photos of the stunning scenery. And finally got to meet @rhubarb73, fellow t2d and very inspirational guy. Will definitely be coming next year.

Sounds like a fantastic day.
so glad you enjoyed it.

loved the pics..breakkie looks delish, the views gorgeous, ( can smell the fresh air.) and the pic of 3 of my superstars of T2D..
img-20190720-wa0029-jpg.34410

What a great start to my sunday.

Cheers for posting., @Debandez :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks 5.9 on the testing dice, beautiful morning the sun is revving itself up and the lawns are calling to be trimmed, however the missus is at church, I've got a dodgy ankle, so I'm doing nothing until I get proper shouted at.
Have a lovely day all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up late...FBG. 6.3

beautiful day yesterday with my Lauren of arabia.
Out for a walk in the sunshine, intending to find some where nice to eat, undecided on chinese, indian, thai or vietnamese.

met a few friends while out, so a nice old catch up before parting.

Lauren suggested a celebratory drink for the good scores, so it seemed rude to refuse.

She had tonic water and ice, i went for the good old paddy stand-by a Guinness.
(can't drink one without a nod to my dad, his favourite tipple.)
so pleasantly sat in the sunshine drinking the one drink, enjoying the company and chat.

Ambled off and after some mooching over a few restaurants decided on vietnamese..

New waiting staff it seemed, a little clueless, but friendly and it just added to the charm.
Owner nice right on the ball and interceded when i started asking about the beer selection.
Got into a nice conversation about the vietnamese beers on offer.
mentioned we were considering going next year..(been on the list for ages, ( Hoi an, if anyones been ?)

Lauren the food queen did the ordering, so we got pancakes, spring rolls and a prawn Phu soup, and Grilled fish with chilli soup for her.
Gratuitous Insta pics for those curious.
phu saturday 20 july.jpg

Like the other cuisines, but for me the Vietnamese is just a touch lighter with way more delicate flavours.

a pleasant stroll home, stopping of to get a few bits for the fridge and we were all good..

not sure of bloods pre meal, but heading out i was at 5.9
and once home, consider it around 2 hours after i started eating i was 7.1
beers (2) and foreign food.(noodles, pancake and spring roll batter:***:...) that seemed a decent score.

Both slightly pooped after all the fresh air, so sat down meaning to watch a film and both fell asleep on the couch..:hilarious:

Best wishes for a good day, all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks 5.9 on the testing dice, beautiful morning the sun is revving itself up and the lawns are calling to be trimmed, however the missus is at church, I've got a dodgy ankle, so I'm doing nothing until I get proper shouted at.
Have a lovely day all.

hahaha..Made me chuckle..:hilarious::hilarious:

have a good un..hope ankle gets better soonest.:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.9 for me. Mr C mowing lawn and Dennis having his morning nap so I’m free to post. Have to first share a proud mum moment: out for our morning walk met a near neighbour and his adult mini Schnauzer - dogs played boisterously for a bit but leads got tangled so I asked Dennis to Sit .... and he did! Right in the middle of all the doggy excitement. The other chap was impressed and said to his pooch ‘why don’t you do that?’ Haha probably never happen again though.
Just checked bg now and I’m up to 6.8 so liver is finally done with processing all the wine I had Friday night ( yesterday I felt a bit fragile and bg stayed lowish) but now it’s catching up and dumping all the stuff it should have dumped yesterday I reckon.
@Krystyna23040 it’s great to read that you got so much out of your course and are so inspired - shame about having to do all the admin now but how happy you’ll be afterwards!
@Bildad sorry your migraines are still affecting you - when do you get your scan results? ( sorry if you’ve already said and I’ve missed it)
@gennepher hugs for the higher fbg and your aching back. Hope you get to sit with Cat in the sun later.
@ianpspurs glad you survived Peppa Pig world and normal service has resumed. @dunelm your summing up of soft play is spot on - why are the cafes always so terrible and I dread to think what lurks at the bottom of the ball pool.
@PenguinMum it sounds like you had a wonderful day with your NCT friends and I’m sure today will be super with your youngest ( once his laundry is out of the way)@Bubbsie great fbg recently in spite of your troubled few days. I hope things get better for you soon.
@pavlosn brilliant photo again.
@jjraak I’m so happy for you that you are now normal!! The Vietnamese food sounds lovely - one of my girls spent a bit of her gap year travels there and fell in love with it.
@Debandez what a brilliant time you’ve had- great photo. I’m definitely saving the date for next year.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You know, where children take off their shoes and climb through rooms constructed of scaffolding covered in lots of protective plastic coated foam

while parents sit in a badly run cafe, serving things that were once food,
looking all grey and bewildered, like zombies in one of those once popular TV programmes.

Yep, that’s just the way we roll nowadays. Pass me my Foster Grants and a big cigar.

Have a great day if you can.

hahaha..do so remember those wacky warehouse days.
had our steph to the local one many times, plus my nephews kids at some points.
only saving grace was it was walking distance and a cold beer from the bar proper was permitted
(plastic glass obv)..But we did and survive, just a little bit more worn down but the kids enjoyed it.

good luck surviving further episodes of mayhem...:wideyed:

On the bright side, Come the Zombie apocolypse, you'll have many of the neccessary skill set needed to survive.

( Mhhh....May have to try and make my way to you...keep an eye out for us..;)
You could be the DCUK's Rick Grimes...:D
(NB; No violent scene..ricks emotionally charged reunion with wife & son S1 Ep3)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice to see the doctors note about Peppa pig world's being fatal, was a misdiagnosis, @ianpspurs ;)

@PatsyB ..hug for the poor sleep, hope a kip later refreshes you for the day ahead.

@HarrisonK ..that body clock is a weird and wonderful thing isn't it... Working, struggle to get up.. Day off... Wide awake at silly o'clock.:arghh:

@pavlosn .. Great pic, good composition I think they call it..:)

@Bubbsie .. Hope the day is treating you more gentle then of late.

@Krystyna23040 .. Great news on the new exercise regime... And all the admin will make that transition smoother and easier for you, i'm sure.

@Bildad ..how annoying.. Those migraine seem to have become a constant pain.

@gennepher .. Commiserations on the back pain.. Well remember mine.. Hugs for a better day.

@PenguinMum .. Sounds like a good evening was had by all.:)

nice to see good scores @karen8967

@DJC3 .. Our very own Barbara Woodhouse..:D

Good day all. X

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hahaha..do so remember those wacky warehouse days.
had our steph to the local one many times, plus my nephews kids at some points.
only saving grace was it was walking distance and a cold beer from the bar proper was permitted
(plastic glass obv)..But we did and survive, just a little bit more worn down but the kids enjoyed it.

good luck surviving further episodes of mayhem...:wideyed:

On the bright side, Come the Zombie apocolypse, you'll have many of the neccessary skill set needed to survive.

( Mhhh....May have to try and make my way to you...keep an eye out for us..;)
You could be the DCUK's Rick Grimes...:D
(NB; No violent scene..ricks emotionally charged reunion with wife & son S1 Ep3)
Just googled Rick Grimes and now I need to google TTWD??? More lessons. Every day I feel more isolated from most members on here - quite an interesting spot to occupy. PP World not fatal to me but Julie is in serious pain and barely able to move so it was definitely a mistake but it will take a very long time for us to have a sensible debrief and plan for the other 2 sets of grandchildren. My only pain was to the wallet, hers was predictable and not to be repeated.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just googled Rick Grimes and now I need to google TWD??? More lessons. Every day I feel more isolated from most members on here - quite an interesting spot to occupy.

Apocalyptic soap opera in essence.
Sci fi lover here, so it was right up my street.

But it is gruesome, and violent, so not for every one.
and for me what it does WAAAY better then anything even remotely close is the full range of emotions.
Acting is good, storyline if you can suspend belief of the background is top notch.

Being special in that kind of a way, is fine.
You like what you like.

personally i can't really get into the family guy type shows the way others do.
Though i do love humour..so Big bang theory, friends and for those of a certain age SOAP was always going to be on my list of 'To watch ' shows.

So different :watching:..what's not to like,:wacky:... who wants to be part of a herd...:***:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Apocalyptic soap opera in essence.
Sci fi lover here, so it was right up my street.

But it is gruesome, and violent, so not for every one.
and for me what it does WAAAY better then anything even remotely close is the full range of emotions.
Acting is good, storyline if you can suspend belief of the background is top notch.

Being special in that kind of a way, is fine.
You like what you like.

personally i can't really get into the family guy type shows the way others do.
Though i do love humour..so Big bang theory, friends and for those of a certain age SOAP was always going to be on my list of 'To watch ' shows.

So different :watching:..what's not to like,:wacky:... who wants to be part of herd...:***:
Those references mean nothing to me but I get the drift I think. Not being part of the herd is one thing but the current trend (IRL and at times on here) of hurling abuse from within our safe silos is useless IMHO. It is good to try to understand something about "the other"

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those references mean nothing to me but I get the drift I think. Not being part of the herd is one thing but the current trend (IRL and at times on here) of hurling abuse from within our safe silos is useless IMHO. It is good to try to understand something about "the other"

not sure who you mean @ianpspurs

But like you i'm all for understanding other viewpoints.
sadly on here as well as in real life 'Tolerance' can sometimes only apply, like respect
FROM those who demand it of others, without themselves wishing to give it back, sadly.

Something that seems to grow from the social silo's, where no one who disagrees is allowed a voice, so of course those of certain viewpoints grow with an unhealthy idea that because all in their group agree with them, so must the rest of the world, and if they don't they are wrong.

Sure i've posted before re this, President Obama, covered it beautifully in one of his speeches.
paraphrase.." we must listen to other viewpoints, regardless of if we agree or not, because just maybe we might walk away with a "mmh, they DO make a good point"

a view i'm more then happy to take.and then make my own mind up.

Have a nice day fella.
Hope Julie feels a little better soon.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope the day is treating you more gentle then of late.
Thanks jjaark I'm getting through it the best way I can...keeping busy & I must say this housework & de-cluttering lark is hard work...the place has never been so tidy:banghead:

Reactions: gennepher

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good afternoon. The best thing about this low carb thingy... brunch !

Sorry I digress I’m well and truly back on the wagon.. I did have 1 major, major, naughty... I crept onto the scales yesterday morning.. however 5 lb weight loss aside ( note I am a lot overweight) my insulin has substantially reduced with my day time nova rapid down from roughly 30 to about 5 and my evening abasaglar down by 15 oh and 5.4 this morning ...

Whoops and huzzahs a plenty..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon. The best thing about this low carb thingy... brunch !

Sorry I digress I’m well and truly back on the wagon.. I did have 1 major, major, naughty... I crept onto the scales yesterday morning.. however 5 lb weight loss aside ( note I am a lot overweight) my insulin has substantially reduced with my day time nova rapid down from roughly 30 to about 5 and my evening abasaglar down by 15 oh and 5.4 this morning ...

Whoops and huzzahs a plenty..
That all sounds like amazing news and riding the wagon with aplomb. Top. top stuff young lady.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the commiserations on my head pain.
@DJC3 I have to keep a migraine diary for 2 weeks and then go back to see the doc. That will be at the beginning of my week at summer camp so no chance of going then. I will try to get an appointment before I go but that is not as simple as it sounds.
A suppose a week at camp will be a kill or cure solution!! Just off our with the dogs for a stroll in the fresh air. I wish they were as obedient as Denis. You seem to have done a good job with him.
Take care