New forum member, I'm I welcome?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't know why you wouldn't be welcome, unless you're here to sell stuff. ;) Pull up a chair, have a read. And welcome.
Jo
Hi Everyone, Abdulfatai here. I'm a new member. Hope this will provide me an awesome experience ?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @index65. The people on here are friendly and supportive. Have a read around the forum and ask any questions you want to.
It would help if you enter whether you are pre-diabetic, Type 2 or Type 1 diabetic in your personal details - if you are.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @index65 and welcome.

Can you tell us more about your diabetes and care ?

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Hello
This is the best place to be if you're newly diabetic, long term diabetic or pre diabetic. Can you tell us what brought you here? Then we will do what we can to help.
Mell

Reactions: Prem51

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Hi and welcome

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much!
I’m new to this so not sure how it works, desperate for help in getting type 2 under control, feeling desperate.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m new to this so not sure how it works, desperate for help in getting type 2 under control, feeling desperate.
@margauxwaguas1 please feel free to write your own post, maybe in the Type 2 sub forum, you’ll get more individual responses rather than here on someone else’s thread.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@margauxwaguas1 , if you want to post a new thread, go to 'Forums' on the top of the page, choose the part of the forum you want to post in, like 'Ask a question' and click on the green 'Post new thread' button.

Good luck!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @margauxwaguas1 It would also help if you went to your 'Personal Details' and changed your status to 'Type 2' as your avatar shows 'Type 1'.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @margauxwaguas1 , if you're a T2 your avatar needs adjusting, as right now you're listed as a T1 and treatment is completely different from T2. As for the desperation: It DOES get better. Once you know what the problem is, you can do something about it. So basically, this is a chance, not the end of the world. (Though it certainly felt like it when I was diagnosed. Thankfully, I learned I was wrong!)

Try these on for size: www.diabetes.co.uk 's website (This forum's a part of it), www.dietdoctor.com , Dr. Jason Fung's the Diabetes Code, and my own quick-start guide: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/
Take it easy, have a read, and know you'll be okay. Because really, you will be. Honest. And if you have any questions, just throw them out there. We'll be here with a multitude of answers, some of which might suit you. :)

Hugs,
Jo