1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New forum member, I'm I welcome?

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by index65, Jul 22, 2019.

1. index65

index65 · Newbie

Hi Everyone, Abdulfatai here. I'm a new member. Hope this will provide me an awesome experience ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Wouldn't know why you wouldn't be welcome, unless you're here to sell stuff. ;) Pull up a chair, have a read. And welcome.
    Jo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Welcome to the forum @index65. The people on here are friendly and supportive. Have a read around the forum and ask any questions you want to.
    It would help if you enter whether you are pre-diabetic, Type 2 or Type 1 diabetic in your personal details - if you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello @index65 and welcome.

Can you tell us more about your diabetes and care ?

5. Norfolkmell

Norfolkmell Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello
    This is the best place to be if you're newly diabetic, long term diabetic or pre diabetic. Can you tell us what brought you here? Then we will do what we can to help.
    Mell

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rosiegough_

Rosiegough_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. margauxwaguas1

margauxwaguas1 Type 1 · Member

I’m new to this so not sure how it works, desperate for help in getting type 2 under control, feeling desperate.

8. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

@margauxwaguas1 please feel free to write your own post, maybe in the Type 2 sub forum, you’ll get more individual responses rather than here on someone else’s thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

@margauxwaguas1 , if you want to post a new thread, go to 'Forums' on the top of the page, choose the part of the forum you want to post in, like 'Ask a question' and click on the green 'Post new thread' button.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Hi @margauxwaguas1 It would also help if you went to your 'Personal Details' and changed your status to 'Type 2' as your avatar shows 'Type 1'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hi @margauxwaguas1 , if you're a T2 your avatar needs adjusting, as right now you're listed as a T1 and treatment is completely different from T2. As for the desperation: It DOES get better. Once you know what the problem is, you can do something about it. So basically, this is a chance, not the end of the world. (Though it certainly felt like it when I was diagnosed. Thankfully, I learned I was wrong!)

Try these on for size: www.diabetes.co.uk 's website (This forum's a part of it), www.dietdoctor.com , Dr. Jason Fung's the Diabetes Code, and my own quick-start guide: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/
    Take it easy, have a read, and know you'll be okay. Because really, you will be. Honest. And if you have any questions, just throw them out there. We'll be here with a multitude of answers, some of which might suit you. :)

Hugs,
    Jo

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook