Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, good to be back. Woke on 6.0, then it went up a bit, seems to happen when I have a first cup of coffee, and it's decaffinated, it says on the label. I think it might just be waking up. Anyway I corrected by 1 unit, and that seems to be ok.

I think I'm going to try some of this networking thing today...............:(:)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke on a ridiculous 11, I was going to bed on a low 6 which usually menas I need to eat something to get through the night. So I did, and look what happened this time. Hey ho, my day's going to be spent in the garden if I can find somewhere cool or inside if I can't. Thunderstorms predicted here later, have a good day all whatever you're doing, and stay cool - literally!

Reactions: porl69

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good morning. 4.9 first thing, which was 6 am, an hour after the puppy woke me to take her outside. I feel tired, sitting here drinking my coffee and watching all of her fun and games. It must be hot enough today to bring the paddling pool out. Last year I sat in the pool on a chair, and the dogs refused to come in. Today is do something with that 'marrow' day. (Oh the fun of being on Summer break.) Unfortunately, I don't have any chickens to feed it to so will have to try some of the other suggestions. Because it's so enormous, I could try multiple things. Hmmm. Well, I'm off for my 20-minute interval run and an hour-long dog walk before it's too warm.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I don't think I've actually ever had marrow? I read it's supposed to be similar to zucchini? But somewhere a site said it can be done to resemble spaghetti? I love spaghetti squash but that's yellow..................

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A sunny morning from Oxford. The only weeding I'll be doing will be in the shade, that's where the very stingy, stinging nettles are.
I've just found this site which may be of interest, but haven't tried any
https://twosleevers.com/

Reactions: Alison54321

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! It's predicted too hot here later on, so I'm off out to test my new "Out for a long walk" backpack before it gets hideous. Usual brand of backpack is absolutely fine for workdays walking and I've worn out at least five of them over the years, but it's slightly too small for carrying the usual items, plus wet weather gear/food plus any shopping I might pick up on the way back home. It had a test walk yesterday afternoon and I was so much more comfortable as it's also got space for me to shove the "Japes' Meds bag" in the top without having to squeeze it in as I have to with the workday one.

Back in most sensible single figures this morning as well.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@ert - ooooh, a paddling pool. Just sit in it - no chair - bet the dogs will jump in and keep you company. My youngest would, but the older one thinks he'll dissolve if exposed to water (at least, that's what I gather from his huge objections to being near the stuff).

Busy day today, once it gets started, so I'm making the most of the lull before the proverbial.

Be well! Stay as level as you can whilst remembering to enjoy life. We are not robots - forgot who said that but it is so very true!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys do u use alcohol wipes before u inject? I haven't been but my parents think it be good idea to get them
Or does anyone here get on prescription?

Reactions: Alison54321

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Pure delight, seventh heaven, I've just eaten Alpro vanilla yoghurt
The extra brilliant was 2 fresh strawbs.
It'll be interesting to see what Madam think of it but me and Mr B thought it was stonking, he said it went well with his golden rum

It's a bit more carby than the coconut or almond, but it is gorgeous! Worth every single one of the carbs.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hey guys do u use alcohol wipes before u inject? I haven't been but my parents think it be good idea to get them

I have some and I do know you're meant to, but somehow .. I use the alcohol swabs for cleaning off the house phone or any sore scrapes I've given myself. But you are meant to, so if you do use a wipe then it's no bad thing at all. Very safe way to do your injections.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB Thank you!
That twosleeves recipe for blueberry ice cream looks good and that it can be made with vegan replacements.................. I might try it with stevia.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

They used to be given to all T1s but they stung so I stopped using them. I think there was then some research that showed they didn’t make much difference as long as your skin was clean and the needle fairly fresh. Seeing if I can find it.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I don't think I've actually ever had marrow? I read it's supposed to be similar to zucchini? But somewhere a site said it can be done to resemble spaghetti? I love spaghetti squash but that's yellow..................

You can spiralize courgettes to resemble spaghetti, and use it instead of pasta. I guess they mean you can do the same thing to marrow? I don't know if you're meant to squeeze out the fluid or what. I've never done it - haven't a spiralizer thingie.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Nope don't think I have used them for over 30years or more now, these days I just lick the skin clean first, going through clothing, or just lift up shirt and inject even in hot countries where you are far from sparkling clean. :)

I guess the thinking is that they're your bugs, so they aren't going to hurt you more than they do already.

I think husband and the two dogs and I are all immune to each others bugs now - it's only at the office that I catch stuff.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Thats @Fairygodmother - total vindication for my years of unhygienic sloth!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

They aren't really needed. It's just generates more waste, that has to be disposed of. It's enough of a struggle to dispose of the essential items.

Reactions: WuTwo

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Funny as I have never really been that "hygienic" but as a T1 my immune system is remarkable resilient compared to many "fit and health" people round here :)

Mine's a bit like that too, maybe we've built up some sort of resistance.