Supplements

Nikkipants

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Country music and Michael Cera.
Hey all! I'm pretty into supplements for my general health. I have read various things on T2 and supplements and I'm wondering if anyone else uses any to help control their sugars, etc? What have you found works/doesn't work? I turn to them for most everything else and am into natural healing as much as possible. I'm on metformin once a day and that's it. I was diagnosed just 2 weeks ago. Despite eating very low carb and low sugar and exercising 1-2 times daily, I haven't seen any changes, besides the fact that I've lost 10 pounds. Thanks!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hey all! I'm pretty into supplements for my general health. I have read various things on T2 and supplements and I'm wondering if anyone else uses any to help control their sugars, etc? What have you found works/doesn't work? I turn to them for most everything else and am into natural healing as much as possible. I'm on metformin once a day and that's it. I was diagnosed just 2 weeks ago. Despite eating very low carb and low sugar and exercising 1-2 times daily, I haven't seen any changes, besides the fact that I've lost 10 pounds. Thanks!
Usually Vitamin D3 and omega 3 mostly here myself, the rest I get from food.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am type 1 but trying carnosine (lowers bg but not in my case significantly) D3 and K2..for general heart and gut health.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No supplements just good whole, healthy foods.

Reactions: WuTwo

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm on biotin, chromium, fish oil, B6, B12, D3, magnesium supplements for blood sugar control.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Just keep in mind if you are doing everything right and your BG's aren't coming down you could be a misdiagnosed type 1. I was. Type 1/LADA is slower progressing and it is still commonly misdiagnosed as a type 2. So just keep it in mind, if you can't control your Bg's well. You need an antibody and a c peptide test to know for sure.

Reactions: Nikkipants

Nikkipants

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Country music and Michael Cera.
How is this for you? I've read about cinnamon, turmeric, and apple cider vinegar. But I'd love to know what works for others!
I'm on biotin, chromium, fish oil, B6, B12, D3, magnesium supplements for blood sugar control.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
How is this for you? I've read about cinnamon, turmeric, and apple cider vinegar. But I'd love to know what works for others!
And Ceylon cinnamon in my coffee, and apple cider vinegar on eggs, turmeric in my weekly curry. I appear not to be able to help myself. I'm a supplements addict.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Cinnamon, chromium are good starts, it can vary person to person what works. When I thought I was a type 2 cinnamon didn't work that great for me, but 500mcg of chromium twice a day helped a lot and then of course nothing worked as time went on! But I know lots of people cinnamon did work for them. Also Gymnema is a good one.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm pretty into supplements for my general health.
You hear a lot of phrases like "may reduce blood sugar" when talking about supplements.

Not so much about when and how to take the supplements and even less about the body's lack of ability to extract the nutrients properly or fully from the pills before they pass through your system. :bookworm:

Looking at Magnesium very good for the liver, is linked to weight loss and reducing blood glucose, can fend of heart attacks & strokes, reduce migraines, asthma, hay fever, multiple sclerosis, and for preventing hearing loss and cancer. (to name but a few)

Drinking to much coffee can reduce the body's ability to absorb magnesium and look at all the things that can go wrong if you don't get enough Magnesium. As @Guzzler said "No supplements just good whole, healthy foods." the reason for this is it gives your body time to digest and absorb the vitamins & nutrients effectively.

With the exception of vitamin D of course I live in Scotland only time I see the sun in on the shelf at the newsagents. :meh:
:bag:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb by itself is a powerful tool for a type two diabetic to reduce blood glucose - if you are really low carb and not seeing reducing numbers, then there could be something else going on and your doctor or nurse should be informed.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried magnesium supplements to try to keep my calcium levels down because I have high serum calcium ,it didn't work but my energy levels dropped so I started them again and my energy levels increased noticeably but they have no effect on my BGS
Carol

Reactions: VictorMX

sweaty betty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone tried soy supplements? I’ve been reading a few studies which found insulin sensitivity was increased in women after increasing soy intake.