Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My train co say don’t travel so I’m working at home.
Oh @Diakat if only I could have done the same. I had to go to assess trainers and a course. I have to say that I survived.

No problem getting there coz I left at 9 but the return my train was cancelled, OK though coz I had a glass of wine in the station bar. Train was cancelled but when I did get on the train everyone was lovely and really caring about there fellow travellers.

AND I give full credit to Oxford station, when I got off a very slow train from London, there was free water and the gates were open. Well done.
I was a bit worried about having a hypo so ran about 7 and am so happy to be home.

I hope everyone is OK too

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodnight everyone sleep well i will leave you all with this
FB_IMG_1564090326678.jpg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been really good with BG over past week or so, have had no change to my insulin settings then again its not overly hot in Haggisland

Best ice cream I can only ever get in Turkey, Carte D'Or, lemon ice cream OMG its soooooo delish. Cant get it in UK:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Okay, I forgive myself for lying to my pump. I only went from a 4.1 to a 5.2 which is what I was aiming for. Although lol...........now I might eventually drop a little too much. It's been a couple of hours.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's still too warm, despite having windows opened and it's not sunny anymore. Since we have windows opened for 4 days straight, the insects have made our home their home. :hilarious::arghh:

Reactions: Knikki

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm afraid you're starting to think I make things up for the likes if I tell you my latest adventure, but I'll tell you anyway. And it has a picture for proof too :)

As you know I was waiting for it too cool off enough to want to eat but then at 9:30 my phone rang.
My friend Ray, with the big sailing ship, currently has a group of twenty 15 year olds on board for the week. One of them hurt her toe pretty bad with swimming and it needed looking at. They were at the locks, a half hour car drive from the nearest night GP, which is in the hospital. As taking a taxi would have cost at least 150 euro's, of course I offered (or were ordered is more accurate) to drive them there.

On my way to the locks (another 45 minutes drive) I realised this was the perfect moment to pick up the 2 little 9 weeks old rabbits I promised to adopt because they needed a place. It was on the way, and as it was close to 10:30 now the heat had started to abate, the heat being the reason I hadn't picked them up earlier this week.

So I did and ended up with my friend, 2 German ladies and 2 baby bunnies in the hospital waiting room, as it was still too hot to leave them in the car and I hadn't really thought that part through :hilarious:

I put the rabbits in a cage in the living room for tonight when I got home at 1:15 AM. Tomorrow I'll see if the guinea pigs will like their new room mates :)
I have 2 rabbits already, living with the chickens, but those are female and the new rabbits aren't, so they can't share the pen.

The German ladies loved the car drive, I think it was the best hospital visit they've ever had!

67244976_10218108422136403_7780779503806054400_n.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Still a bit warm and sleep’s elusive. At the start of the night every time I settled there was a flash of lightening and a roll of thunder, then when that ceased and drowsiness began there was the alien roar of a helicopter taking off from the field behind the house. It’s used by the air ambulance whenever they need to land in this area so hoping nobody’s had a really bad day/night.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to mention that I also bought 1kg of strawberries from Tescos. So I decided to give the vegan cream a try. I’ve never had strawberries and cream, so a quick squirt and it looks like I can’t go back. So delicious and yes the cream has some carbs in it, 10% sugar. But it’s too good. :D

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I love vegan whipped cream with a fresh fruit salad of mixed berries, mango, apple, and melon. A cup of that for a snack is sooo good!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No. But I watched the trailer. It looks scary.

Not the Netflix series. (Which looks like a little like a "Lord of the flies" rip off.)

This 1989 classic movie. (Which again has graphic scenes in places.)
Your "A/B" picture somewhat put me in mind of the practical (& rather clever.) visual effects.. :)

image.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Diabetnam..
Not a lot of sleep last night. Twas the night before Christmas..

Actually, got a few days booked into a Wiltshire recording studio.
Woke for the 3rd time? Showered & tested at 7Mmol.
Let the rock commense.. \m/
I am already liquid human.

"You'll make a great contribution to society."

(Don't ask.. I have this 30 year old movie in my head at the thought of melting.)

Have a great day!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I put the rabbits in a cage in the living room for tonight when I got home at 1:15 AM. Tomorrow I'll see if the guinea pigs will like their new room mates :)

If those are girl guinea pigs the male rabbits will love them - too much - when they grow up. It's a known thing - male bunnies kept with female guinea pigs attempt rape - a lot.

I had rabbits and guineas and we had to keep them seperate for just that reason. My little girls were so much happier when it was just them. I did love those girlies, who became the residents in our care home for aged guinea pigs, and were kept happy and spoiled all of their little lives.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Not the Netflix series. (Which looks like a little like a "Lord of the flies" rip off.)

This 1989 classic movie. (Which again has graphic scenes in places.)
Your "A/B" picture somewhat put me in mind of the practical (& rather clever.) visual effects.. :)

View attachment 34490

Thanks for this. The kids are round today and I'll mention it to my son; he'll enjoy a gruesome film!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

We are about to go out and walk the dogs, and do some shopping at the same time. One of us can stay in the car with the dogs so the windows can be wide open, and the front doors.

This time of day the place is deserted so the shopping won't take long but the shelves are fully stacked!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and TGIF :happy: BG risen to 9 this morning, after visiting hypioland many times yesterday:rolleyes:
Rested on sofa last night until about 4 am, Pebbles cat was in and out, then rain about 2 'oclock - ish, so went up stairs to bed just after 4, luckily not so humid at that time. Food shopping this morning and going out for lunch about 12.30.

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sleepy good morning all. Finally dropped off in the early hours, seems like 5 mins ago. How can you be so cheerful and energetic after a short night’s sleep @Robinredbreast?
Lovely and cool compared with yesterday, so far. Haven’t found out, yet, what that copter was doing on the field last night.
Have a good day y’all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
If those are girl guinea pigs the male rabbits will love them - too much - when they grow up. It's a known thing - male bunnies kept with female guinea pigs attempt rape - a lot.

I had rabbits and guineas and we had to keep them seperate for just that reason. My little girls were so much happier when it was just them. I did love those girlies, who became the residents in our care home for aged guinea pigs, and were kept happy and spoiled all of their little lives.

I clicked like, but obviously not for the first sentence and I couldn't just reply to the highlighted paragraph, my computer said no :rolleyes:
Have great day Wutwo :)

Reactions: Antje77 and Marie 2