What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the back of the car on the forum. 4 hour journey. Caught up on my favourite thread and thought I would dip into a few others. There's a few heated conversations going on so I've made a sharp exit and darted back to our pleasant little part of the world. Leave em to it! Almost at hebden bridge now. Grandad has mentioned coffee and cake! Torturous time ahead me thinks!

Me thinks there a few trolls out in them woods, @Debandez .

A few threads I just ignore now, because of that.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am afraid that you are completely wrong on one thing. It is pretty major. It is that you badly manage your diabetic numbers. You absolutely do not as you consistently do better on your numbers than I do and I would love to have an hba1c as low as yours.

I do agree, though, that I really do enjoy what I am eating.

The dilemma is that I don't eat to my meter. My meter very clearly states that I should should be eating somewhere between 0g and 10g carbs - preferably closer to 0g carbs and numbers are much better

But I actually don't feel that good on that level of carbs. I feel really good between 17g and 20g carbs but the BS isn't so good. I know that other members on this site are absolutely OK with 10 and under but I just can't maintain it.

I am hoping that eventually keto and IF will heal my body enough to be OK on 20g. That may be wishful thinking - I am really hoping it isnt.

Your words reminded me again of my own philosophy about all this -- we are organic creatures, not machines. A meter is, of course, a machine. And there is no way the functions of a living organism can be adjusted to the functions of a machine. And I think that when such an adjustment is attempted, then the governor of the organism -- the brain -- drives itself out of true with the organism. And the whole suffers, since after all the governor is in reality only another organ of the organism.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why scientists turn themselves inside out trying to explain creation while ignoring the Creator ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me thinks there a few trolls out in them woods, @Debandez .

A few threads I just ignore now, because of that.
Also 1 or 2 garrulous/querulous folk beloved of the establishment on here for whom there is but 1 way to live. IMHO obviously. As @Debandez says, happily this area is a little more tolerant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grandad has mentioned coffee and cake! Torturous time ahead me thinks!
Sod that Debs...have the coffee and a sliver of cake...don't torture yourself or me...I'd like a full account of each and every crumb so at least;) I'll get some carb satisfaction albeit vicariously

Reactions: Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could well have been hugely influenced by the priest. He was at pains to explain exactly what the symbolism of each element meant and his homily was also unpicking the deeper meaning. Loved his analogy of Bella being given a loyalty card with a reward that endures beyond the grave.
View attachment 34525
Oh my goodness Ian what a beautiful little girl, thanks for the pic. The true face of innocence. Sounds like a very lovely seevice. More memories.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can we stay on friendly terms and still totally disagree on that point?
Absolutely we can stay on friendly terms - I do love it that this thread is so friendly and not confrontational.

After all this talk about being in the 4s I started feeling weird as though I have gone too low. Although highly unlikely I did check and it was 4.1 which always sets off the hypo warnings. Dinner is almost ready so will feel normal soon.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sponsored by a soft drinks company...mmhh:bag:
Two of their major sponsors are Tescos & Bupa...plus the supporting members contributions & they regularly turn up at events to collect funds raised make what you will of that...I am a member of that forum however I choose not to post there now...too many cliques & a good smattering of bullying and that's only some of the staff...I have a stack of information I obtained from their moderators forum via a subject access request which clearly confirms that.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness Ian what a beautiful little girl, thanks for the pic. The true face of innocence. Sounds like a very lovely seevice. More memories.
She's ok if you like that sort of thing:angelic: She got bored of that dress later and paraded around in her Moana kit. Her 11 week old cousin is unbelievably cute and those 2 will be a nightmare together. Bella's brother is obs the cream of the crop so far but more boys have been ordered - (not by me but I love the ambition). The idea of the move is to play a bigger part in being the domestic/primary church the priest was so good on yesterday (and work on middle son to get out of Southampton with the rest of the congregation)

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also 1 or 2 garrulous/querulous folk beloved of the establishment on here for whom there is but 1 way to live. IMHO obviously. As @Debandez says, happily this area is a little more tolerant.
Completely agree. It isnt one size fits all. As is the case with all walks of life. Live and let live. Mods have a very difficult job that's for sure.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May or may not be appropriate but some of you seem to like cute little gals. 11 week old Rosa Marie with granddad yesterday at the Christening/Moana party - another Moana fan apparently. I was much happier doing that job than eating or drinking what was on offer.
View attachment 34529
Oh Ian you really are truly blessed! I dont know what Moana is though?

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Moana is a Disney animated film - our granddaughters love it. Bella stayed with us and wouldn't settle - teething - 3.00 a.m. put Moana on and she was good as gold and went back to sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Moana is a Disney animated film - out granddaughters love it. Bella stayed with us and wouldn't settle - teething - 3.00 a.m. put Moana on and she was good as gold and went back to sleep.
That is all so lovely. You are such loving grandparents. Thanks for explaining Moana!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just so your post and Debs don't look daft. Rosa (11 weeks) and her wretched old granddad.
upload_2019-7-28_19-1-59.png