Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also I guess there aren't that many of us having Coffee this morning ......................

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess I'm spoilt rotten with Libre. I just found out it's change day today (4 hours left on current sensor) and I forgot to shoot in a new one yesterday.
Let's see how long I can keep myself from activating this one...

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Garden won and it's now looking tidy enough to keep the unofficial Neighbourhood Watch off my case (Being the only one my end of the road with a garden who is under 65, maybe 70?, in excellent health and in full-time employment, I do get some leeway from them once they realised that I do my best with a job I hate.)

Henry the Hoover is about to emerge from the cupboard for a half an hour's whizz around before lunch, then I'm off to spend my pay rise.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Love the sound of the doctor's bow tie. Can't you get yourself a 4, 6, and a 7 badge, they are just as virtuous, and you could have different colours, and they'd look pretty "all in a row".
Dyou know, I was just thinking that would be fun @Alison54321

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Steroids can raise blood sugars, @SueJB, so don’t panic if you see them go up.
I suppose in the old days we didn’t know there’d be smaller, finer needles, pumps that didn’t require Olympic levels of strength to carry around and ways of testing blood and interstitial sugars that didn’t mean regularly stabbing our selves so we were generally unfazed. Like Knikki, I didn’t bother with the big old finger pricked machine, just aim and and stabbed.
Thanks for the info @Fairygodmother I'm chilling about it and sort of thought BG might have a little climb

Reactions: Fairygodmother

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB fairgodmother beat me to it, don't be surprised if your BGs are high for 'no apparent reason' after the steroid injection! One of the reasons I didn't go through with it a few years ago and my shoulder had started to ease by the time my GP said about the injection anyway.
Thanks @slip for the reassurance, not going to check til lunch time And when it was up, it was up and when it was down it was down and when it was only half way up it was neither up not down. Diabetes tune

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @slip for the reassurance, not going to check til lunch time And when it was up, it was up and when it was down it was down and when it was only half way up it was neither up not down. Diabetes tune
Thanks. Now I'm stuck with Prince Maurits in my head for the rest of the day. He takes the place of your gentle duke in the Dutch version of this song. But he apparently marched ten times as many men up and down that hill than the duke.

Reactions: Japes

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heres a nice cup of tea for the non coffee drinkers add your own milk if you have it and judging by the colour an extra teabag
FB_IMG_1528388798876.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All sounds very exciting @Jaylee does that mean we can download your tunes anytime soon ?

If you like the sound of Machinehead covering Clean bandit,
Nickelback culling Seal or Maiden & the Sex Pistols taking on A-ha... Then yeah.. ;) (All withinn the forum rule boundaries of course.)

Reactions: Antje77 and slip

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think my sensor is broken.
LibreLink can't read it and Glimp is now showing this
View attachment 34593

Hi,

Strangely, I had a sensor go like this back in the winter? I was wearing lots of layers working in a cold environment (no heating.) with a lot of body movement.. I put it down to the end of the sensor's life (about a day left.) with the multi layered slieve including a thermal long tee compressing & jigling the sensor too much? The meter didn't concur with the wild numbers.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
If you like the sound of Machinehead covering Clean bandit,
Nickelback culling Seal or Maiden & the Sex Pistols taking on A-ha... Then yeah.. ;) (All withinn the forum rule boundaries of course.)

I think that sounds great, i'll take any of that !!

Reactions: Jaylee

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you like your music dome differently, the album, No More Mr Nice Guy, by Pat Boone, who is a real clean cut American singer. he does an amazing job of covering some rock classics. Enter Sandman, the Metallica song is simply out of this world

Reactions: Jaylee

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all....
Woohoo cricket is on :)
Woke to a 3.9 this morning
Karen I STILL have dots in my vision GRRRRRR!!! lol
Alison, good news about the pump, the year will pass VERY quickly

Coming from Haggisland we could never understand the English fascination with cricket. the rules are very strange

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks. Now I'm stuck with Prince Maurits in my head for the rest of the day. He takes the place of your gentle duke in the Dutch version of this song. But he apparently marched ten times as many men up and down that hill than the duke.
Yeah ear worms are irritating sometimes and take a long time to shake off. My current one is Unity by John Tams who starred in the series Sharpe. The CD is much better, the intro to this is long and the sound quality tinny but love the sentiment. Another Diabetes tune "Raise your banners high"
Interesting for me is that John Tams was born in Derbyshire and has lost his "up" vowel sound whereas the second vocalist, Andy Seward, hasn't. Listen to the way they sing "up". Lovely, irritating worm. Wonder what's next?Anyone got a worm that won't go away at the moment?

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Coming from Haggisland we could never understand the English fascination with cricket. the rules are very strange

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Yep thats the general idea of the game :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Antje77

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to buy tickets for Lords. They only have blocks unseated 5 and 6 left? Does anyone know if they're any good?

I have no idea if those seats are any good, and I don't like cricket, but my dad used to love it, and always watched it on the tv. A few times when I was young I went to a real match with him, it's a very civilised way to spend a day, and it's much more interesting in real life than on tv, so even if they aren't great seats it's worth going anyway, just to be there.

Reactions: Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Have to agree with @Alison54321 on this @ert. When I was in Australia many years ago I went to watch Englan vs Australia on day 3 of one of the Ashes tests and the atmosphere was amazing. The Barmy Army are really funny