What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Viv19

6.3 this morning. I was quite surprised considering the Cava and red wine that I had last night. Or maybe the glucose is just pickled. Or me.
It’s a dull grey day- perfect for some mattress contemplation. But we have guests arriving for a couple of nights tomorrow - beds to make, chores to do, and a menu to think about. I definitely need more tea - then coffee. Then more tea.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I woke to the nurse giving me my 7am meds this morning and she asked my blood sugar Libre flashes red with 3.2 then refused to take another reading. I slurred to ask for sugary milky tea, was struggling to keep my eyes open. Once the nurse had rushed off to make the drink I woke up and started realising I didn’t feel awful, so asked to check with a finger prick 6.5 that gave me. So cuppa is sat untouched, and I’m coming to the realisation I’ve got a faulty sensor.

Reactions: Viv19 and Shas3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick interim post.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My surgery have endorsed it and are looking to give it to any pts interested, be that for weight loss or controlling bs. It's still a work in progress but almost there. I didn't want it over more than 4 pages a4. Wanted it personable, before and after pics (not showing my full 4 stone weight loss but one on my journey and I like it cos I look like I'm loving life, which I am, and wanted that to come across). My journey plus a bit of useful info around diabetes.

When dx I think most of us felt it was our fault for becoming over weight so i wanted to reiterate it wasnt and also included the insulin cycle.

I'm constantly being asked how I lost my weight and for meal plans so included some ideas. Nothing special.because it's very basic in our house, I'm a lazy cook. And finally a list of good options food wise and one of Dr David Unwin's infographs (endorsed by NICE). The common foods one (would have loved to include them all).

Your thoughts and any feedback appreciated. I can tweak before I print any off.

Once completely finished I'm hoping to contact lots of local surgeries and arrange meetings with their diabetic teams. I will take in my box of goodies (that I bring to presentations and such) low carb packets and high carb too as I like to show the difference, leaflets, inspirational stories booklet, leaflet showing many of our forum members initial weight and hba1c and current. All achieving normal hba1c levels and seeing amazing weight loss, cookery books and this leaflet.

It's not exactly as I would want it as I didnt want to upset the apple cart so to speak.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/111CKiUHlh43FZhhzWE3J1kUZIXyttnsi/view?usp=drivesdk
I had a message saying that I needed to request access - have done that.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I woke to the nurse giving me my 7am meds this morning and she asked my blood sugar Libre flashes red with 3.2 then refused to take another reading. I slurred to ask for sugary milky tea, was struggling to keep my eyes open. Once the nurse had rushed off to make the drink I woke up and started realising I didn’t feel awful, so asked to check with a finger prick 6.5 that gave me. So cuppa is sat untouched, and I’m coming to the realisation I’ve got a faulty sensor.

Hi @Fndwheelie - I have had a flat line below 3 all night - just ate a square of chocolate - no change - Will be calling them tomorrow - last time this happened they ran a diagnosis over the phone and sent me a replacement. Away today but if you want to know how I get on tomorrow then do let me know- don’t remove the sensor until you have spoken to them - use finger prick tests.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the little house on the prarie and the prospects of another fine day with the TT’s.

The wonder wheel of red flat lines and broken promises has been on about 2.5 all night. The consumption of. A small piece of chocolate did not persuade it to budge.

Will be giving Freestyle a call once I return home this evening - what a nuisance.

Have a great day if you can. Hugs for the needy.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

the weather is a bit cooler and breezier here this morning so I don't think we'll be eating outside today. I'm planning meatballs baked in a creamy tomato and veg sauce topped with cheese,served with a side salad and cauli/broccolli, mr gee and his mum will have a bit of pasta with theirs ( a little bit ;)).

We managed to get the raking up done and mr gee says 'scarifying' is next :***: I had a sudden vision of me running out into the night shouting boo! :hilarious: but apparently it's heavy raking to try to get some of the moss out in the shadow of the trees before we top up with grass seed :angelic:

Hope your day treats you well :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All from sunny Dublin. 5.0 today yipee! Great what being happy and eating fish can achieve, plus a few G&STs along the way! Planning to go to the coast today before the weather closes in later. Went up town last night and had a pre dinner drink in the beautiful Shelbourne Hotel. Hope you are all good and enjoy Sunday. Last night with my boy, for now. The other boy at home with the girls who are loving it!
Stay well, stay safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2A1A3BC4-77AA-4E01-803D-8DC1F6EA316F.jpeg

My first Painted Lady of the day, on my raspberry bush. It's wings are directly facing the misty sun. Looks like gentle heat is more important than food. I am inclined to agree. I am swinging gently on my thatched swing, bare legs to soak this gentle sun, and it is soothing.

I got within a foot of it, but didn't want to go closer to frighten it. Because the air in the garden felt cool and chilly this morning with the smell of Autumn.

It's refreshing after all the hot days which are too hot for me to garden.

Just been working on the garden since before 6am.
It's 9 am now. I am shattered.

I think I will be eating more food this morning in my 4 hour window I have allocated myself...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All from sunny Dublin. 5.0 today yipee! Great what being happy and eating fish can achieve, plus a few G&STs along the way! Planning to go to the coast today before the weather closes in later. Went up town last night and had a pre dinner drink in the beautiful Shelbourne Hotel. Hope you are all good and enjoy Sunday. Last night with my boy, for now. The other boy at home with the girls who are loving it!
Stay well, stay safe.

5.0......:wideyed:.....Go Aunt Pengie...:D

And to think you were SO ill, the other night.:***:

Just goes to show the POWER OF LOVE.

A Mothers love, ....Lionesses at heart.
I'll protect you from the hooded claw
Keep the vampires from your door
When the chips are down
I'll be around with my undying
Death defying love for you
Envy will hurt itself
Let yourself be beautiful

have a great day @PenguinMum
Soak up the moments.
and enjoy the Craic..x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stay well, stay safe.

didn't think JJ would forget...Did ya...;)
Got to keep up Traditions..:)

Surfs Up, Auntie....Grab your Board, let's Go Hang Ten..:D

Love to the family, from mine here in the Capital
(from the Plastic Paddy, as she calls me..:wacky:... finglas, Cabra.)
x

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Fndwheelie - I have had a flat line below 3 all night - just ate a square of chocolate - no change - Will be calling them tomorrow - last time this happened they ran a diagnosis over the phone and sent me a replacement. Away today but if you want to know how I get on tomorrow then do let me know- don’t remove the sensor until you have spoken to them - use finger prick tests.
Well it seems to have gotten over its spat this morning and is now behaving it’s self.

Viv19

@jjirak. We’ve been lucky with our countries. Only the last one was awful. Most of the others were places that people like to go on holiday. My first country (pre OH) was Thailand for 2 years. I loved it so much that I’ve never gone back. I think it would be a let down, it’s changed so much.
I picked up the OH in Guyana, small place so you trip over people. Actually that’s not really a holiday destination. Rains a lot, hot, man-eating piranha, caiman and mosquitoes. ;))

Viv19

Quick interim post.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My surgery have endorsed it and are looking to give it to any pts interested, be that for weight loss or controlling bs. It's still a work in progress but almost there. I didn't want it over more than 4 pages a4. Wanted it personable, before and after pics (not showing my full 4 stone weight loss but one on my journey and I like it cos I look like I'm loving life, which I am, and wanted that to come across). My journey plus a bit of useful info around diabetes.

When dx I think most of us felt it was our fault for becoming over weight so i wanted to reiterate it wasnt and also included the insulin cycle.

I'm constantly being asked how I lost my weight and for meal plans so included some ideas. Nothing special.because it's very basic in our house, I'm a lazy cook. And finally a list of good options food wise and one of Dr David Unwin's infographs (endorsed by NICE). The common foods one (would have loved to include them all).

Your thoughts and any feedback appreciated. I can tweak before I print any off.

Once completely finished I'm hoping to contact lots of local surgeries and arrange meetings with their diabetic teams. I will take in my box of goodies (that I bring to presentations and such) low carb packets and high carb too as I like to show the difference, leaflets, inspirational stories booklet, leaflet showing many of our forum members initial weight and hba1c and current. All achieving normal hba1c levels and seeing amazing weight loss, cookery books and this leaflet.

It's not exactly as I would want it as I didnt want to upset the apple cart so to speak.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/111CKiUHlh43FZhhzWE3J1kUZIXyttnsi/view?usp=drivesdk

I want to read it but first have to remember my google password. That’s not very easy today.

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been taking atorvastatin for just over 3 months now. My LDL cholesterol came way down on it, and my blood pressure has come way down too. I gave up LCHF at the same time I started on the statin and the only number that did not go down was my weight, but a gain of a few pounds is much better IMO than high LDL and BP numbers. I have experienced no adverse side effects from the statin.

Thanks @SaskiaKC for the insights. Glad that statin works well for you and is helping. Let’s see what the doctor says.. my meeting is likely Wednesday or Thursday. I just want to keep medication as low as possible for as long as possible... but if it os indeed better to give statins a try, I will consider. Thanks again

Reactions: HarryBeau