What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes she knows now and can see from the vantage of 14 years later that it would not have been a good idea to stay there.
We started the party on the veranda, and some of the more hardy ones ate outside, but by the time the sun went down it was too cold and they moved inside.
I think it went well. The food disappeared in a satisfactory way so it made the effort worthwhile. It wasn’t too difficult staying LC except for the desserts. OH didn’t want a cake, just asked for a pavlova (which vanishes very quickly with this family) and I made a trifle too to use up the egg yolks. I could have made the trifle slightly more LC but couldn’t be bothered in the end. I had some berries and yoghurt, my favourite.
The family gave OH a lovely joint present from them all that I get to share- tickets for a theatre musical, apparently a kind of dinner theatre, plus hotel, for us both in Munich at the end of the month. Plus an overnight dog sitter! I look forward to that.

What a great present, and it’s lovely you can share in it after all your effort too.
I’m so glad the food was appreciated - makes it all worthwhile. Must admit I love yoghurt and berries too and don’t miss stodgy puds at all. I’d love a bit of pavlova though.

Reactions: Viv19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debs
Thanks for that.
I am doing the online butterfly count

If I have a lot of butterflies then the site says to count how many butterflies in one minute. The painted ladies I have to count in 5's, a finger up for each five!

In one minute, the day before yesterday I recorded 102 butterflies in one minute on one of my Buddleia trees, and that was only the front of the bush.

Yesterday in one minute I recorded 96 butterflies in one minute. But again that was only the front of the bush. Not all those on the other sides.

Nor did it include all the butterflies on all the other Buddleia ushes in my garden...

We are promised rain and thunderstorms today. I shall look out between the rain.
I've never seen that many in my entire life!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I am really really hoping that it helps with my IR and also that the autophagy helps to repair everything that was damaged during all the years of out of control blood sugars. That is my long term goal. Probably an exceptionally long term goal as I can only do IF 3 or 4 days a week.

So what I have achieved in the short term (since restarting IF 2 weeks ago) is a body that has gone completely bonkers.

Normally if I am 5.6 at breakfast - 2 hrs later I would be 6.6.
Yesterday I was 8.2. I never ever get readings in the 8s. Then I had a dramatic drop to 4.1. Same thing happened at Dinner - except I was 4.0 before dinner and an unbelievable 8.1 two hrs later (2nd test was 8.4 - I did a 2nd test because I really didn't believe the first one as I had only had 7g carbs).

This morning 6.1 before breakfast and 6 2 two hrs later after exactly the same breakfast as yesterday. BS then began to tumble (although don't know how low as I left my meter at home). I had some dark chocolate and coffee and cream and felt a lot better and BS was 5.0 when I finally got home.

So weird stuff going on. Am tempted to keep on with IF just to see if things settle down.

Well.. @ianpspurs was kind enough to point me to this TRIG V IR Checker

was some debate about it's veracity that i think came down on the side that it is pretty accurate but NOT perfect.
I tested mine, and unsurprisingly i suppose as my score for lipids improved, the Trigs V IR also lowered.

I do feel i handle more carbs better, but i don't really indulge..(ok on holiday i WAS naughtier then here)
but i pretty much eat similar stuff most days, so it FEELS as if i am improving it, but i can't prove it.

If might be useful for you if you haven't done so, to draw a line in the sand now and then
re-measure in a few months time, to see if its improved in any way.

it does come to my mind, that I NEED a test.
something that is CHEAP, CHEERFUL & EASY to carry out.

I think picking one sunday perhaps,.from fasting FBG, to eat ONE piece of something..(Toast)
and nothing until testing ends
strictly for that, measure at pre/1hr/2hr/3hr windows.
record and repeat say once a month and compare the scores over time.

i THINK that would be a good indicator that my IR or at least something is
improving my abilities to handle carbs.

Be marvelous if a few others did the same..Toasting Sunday has a ring about it. :D
might give us all a little more insight into what IS happening inside of us.?

Sorry for long post.

Good luck, @Krystyna23040

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
didn't think JJ would forget...Did ya...;)
Got to keep up Traditions..:)

Surfs Up, Auntie....Grab your Board, let's Go Hang Ten..:D

Love to the family, from mine here in the Capital
(from the Plastic Paddy, as she calls me..:wacky:... finglas, Cabra.)
x
My.mum was from cabra west! Auntie in finglas!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I woke to the nurse giving me my 7am meds this morning and she asked my blood sugar Libre flashes red with 3.2 then refused to take another reading. I slurred to ask for sugary milky tea, was struggling to keep my eyes open. Once the nurse had rushed off to make the drink I woke up and started realising I didn’t feel awful, so asked to check with a finger prick 6.5 that gave me. So cuppa is sat untouched, and I’m coming to the realisation I’ve got a faulty sensor.
You can get a replacement for free, every cloud has a silver lining!

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a straight 6.0 on the dice of disappointment today, off on our jollies today, hopefully remembered to pack everything, the OH has left it to me to sort it all out, she must be losing the plot, the last time that happened we were flying to Knock in the west of Ireland and somehow ended up sitting on a plane to Edinburgh. Had to do a long walk of shame off the plane with our carry on luggage, luckily nothing in the hold.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had the last of my Dieppe Carrefour Spinach and Artichoke soup last night. So delish. Why is this not on sale here?

Popeye was right. FBG 6.8 mmo/lt at 0545hrs. (down from days in mid-sevens)

Double celebration. The boat engine is now gleaming, all shiny and new. Have a great day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 9.9 this morning

I didn't feel well yesterday afternoon. Bloating in stomach/ibs?

I knew my blood sugars were going up. And then my face was sweating far too much. I got worried. So I took a reading...

It was 12. What to do? I had eaten the same as the day before, in the morning and in the same time window.

I took a Windeze tablet. The bloating and trapped wind went down. Next reading about an hour later is 10.1. Much better.

The only thing different I did was clean out the potting shed and did a bit of bending.

So 9.9 this morning is good based on that.

I feel a bit frail this morning, so no bungee jumping, or leaping out of planes in parachutes...

The day looks good weather wise. It looks like a very warm one.

So after a shower, drinking coffee with cream now, don't feel up to food yet, I will be in my garden watching the butterflies and bees, and doing my duty with my daily one minute count for the online butterfly census....

I shall probably mither you later with photos of butterflies....

Have a good day.

Take care x

>^.^<

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, that was really informative. That said, yourvreadings are random. Maybe if you continue they will settle, so.manynfind it beneficial. Was going to give it a whirl but worried as dont want to lose any more weight.
Readings are a bit random - a bit of a roller coaster BS wise.

I haven't lost any weight in the two weeks I have been doing IF - maybe because I have carried on eating exactly the same amount of food as usual as I don't want to lose weight either.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez
Opened file.
It told me to touch where I wanted to make a comment.
Then make comment.
I looked at pdf again, and there was a yellow highlighted bit.
I touched that and it brought up my "comment ", which obviously you may delete, as I was trying to find out how it worked. The pdf itself does not get altered.

So to recap you highlight when you touch with your finger.
Make your comment, and it's not seen until you touch the yellow highlighted area.
Going to.have a look this morning. Busy day decorating yesterday. Thank you so much.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34665 Doing the online butterfly count again.
81 butterflies today in one minute on the Buddliea bush...

Then late this afternoon this wee little butterfly turns up...a Holly Blue! I don't see many of these. It is so tiny, one wing is no bigger than my thumbnail. Never managed to photograph one of these before. So I am celebrating with a cuppa tea!
I'm really loving 1) seeing all these beautiful butterflies 2) learning about them 3) what a lovely start to a Monday morning

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well.. @ianpspurs was kind enough to point me to this TRIG V IR Checker

was some debate about it's veracity that i think came down on the side that it is pretty accurate but NOT perfect.
I tested mine, and unsurprisingly i suppose as my score for lipids improved, the Trigs V IR also lowered.

I do feel i handle more carbs better, but i don't really indulge..(ok on holiday i WAS naughtier then here)
but i pretty much eat similar stuff most days, so it FEELS as if i am improving it, but i can't prove it.

If might be useful for you if you haven't done so, to draw a line in the sand now and then
re-measure in a few months time, to see if its improved in any way.

it does come to my mind, that I NEED a test.
something that is CHEAP, CHEERFUL & EASY to carry out.

I think picking one sunday perhaps,.from fasting FBG, to eat ONE piece of something..(Toast)
and nothing until testing ends
strictly for that, measure at pre/1hr/2hr/3hr windows.
record and repeat say once a month and compare the scores over time.

i THINK that would be a good indicator that my IR or at least something is
improving my abilities to handle carbs.

Be marvelous if a few others did the same..Toasting Sunday has a ring about it. :D
might give us all a little more insight into what IS happening inside of us.?

Sorry for long post.

Good luck, @Krystyna23040
. Thank you for this. At the moment my ability to handle carbs is pretty dire as I struggle with a max of 20g a day. It will be really interesting to compare scores every few months as at the moment I have absolutely no idea if IF is working for me.