What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reiterate Ian's good wishes to everyone and to Ian himself, can't compete with Ian's literacy talents though so wont even try.
Well had a bit of a fast yesterday, went to bed at 4.6 got up this morning 5.5. Also lost 1lb in weight so spot on this morning. Its strange how the simple things can put a smile on our faces but then that 1lb has been hanging around for weeks.
Great news on bg and weight loss - a pound is a pound as people never say! The verse is Van Morrison's not mine. Comes from the song These are the days - so appropriate for my wife and I these last 2 days. Hope all of you can say they find at least some part of the day which lifts the spirits.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning around 6:00am. Had an awful night, far too hot, finally gave up trying to sleep around 2:20am and went downstairs to sleep. (We have a downstairs bedroom). A little bit cooler but not much.
I thought it was just me finding it too hot to sleep comfortably. The temperature this week is 10degrees lower than last week, but I managed ok then. I do wonder if the BG is adversely affected. I almost had my head out of the window last night, but still far too stiflingly hot. Thinkingof setting up a bivouac in the garden. Keep the hedgehogs company. I think it is going to rain tonight though. Could be nice and cool. :)

Up at 4:30 am so tested BG. It was 6.3 this morning. That’ll do.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought it was just me finding it too hot to sleep comfortably. The temperature this week is 10degrees lower than last week, but I managed ok then. I do wonder if the BG is adversely affected. I almost had my head out of the window last night, but still far too stiflingly hot. Thinkingof setting up a bivouac in the garden. Keep the hedgehogs company. I think it is going to rain tonight though. Could be nice and cool. :)

Up at 4:30 am so tested BG. It was 6.3 this morning. That’ll do.

Had a similar issue with sleeping last night so have been up since about 3:30am this morning. Just couldn't knuckle down to sleep, hot and uncomfortable also a little bit stressed as had an interview with DN nurse at 8:10 this morning to discuss latest blood results. All I can say is if you want to keep your glass half full, don't bother with the DN at my surgery. :banghead:

Signed Mrs Grump.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a similar issue with sleeping last night so have been up since about 3:30am this morning. Just couldn't knuckle down to sleep, hot and uncomfortable also a little bit stressed as had an interview with DN nurse at 8:10 this morning to discuss latest blood results. All I can say is if you want to keep your glass half full, don't bother with the DN at my surgery. :banghead:

Signed Mrs Grump.
How sad that the DN couldn't be more helpful since you had a fantastic fbg and lost a pound. Sympathise with not being able to sleep well but these temperatures are far too cold for me to sleep well - the 39c days suit me best. I can't stand winter.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1565096370122.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.0 this morning - snap @Starfish18 - inside what is considered normal for the general population but a touch higher than many of my fasting readings lately. Autumnal last night here and I really don't enjoy autumn through to mid spring.:arghh: