What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. I am happy to report that I have lost some more of the 2 stone I have still to lose. I have been stuck for a while.
I am feeling very weary at the moment I am not sure why. Possibilities are 1) summer camp hangover, 2) side effects of the new meds for migraine, 3)because I am back at work 4) some combination of all of the above.
Take care

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. I am happy to report that I have lost some more of the 2 stone I have still to lose. I have been stuck for a while.
I am feeling very weary at the moment I am not sure why. Possibilities are 1) summer camp hangover, 2) side effects of the new meds for migraine, 3)because I am back at work 4) some combination of all of the above.
Take care
Hope you feel less weary soon. Sounds as though it is possibly a combination of all of them.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, another bin day, another opportunity.

The wonder wheel of wandering round the shambles and lunching on edamame beans and chicken wings announced a firm 5.5 at 0630.

Bike in for a service this morning and while that gets done we are off to the big Scandinavian blue and yellow box of winding roads and secret short cuts to buy blinds for the new lodge. Sounds thrilling, I know. It’s also where the Flying Spaghetti Monster of the Pastifarians keeps the meatballs.

My own mug bread recipe gives nice slices once cooled and toasts well:

In a fairly wide and straight mug - or just a mug, or a small microwave bowl about bread roll size -

2 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon (heaped) shelled hemp seeds
Quarter teaspoon salt (I use Himalayan because I am fancy).
About half a flat teaspoon baking powder
1 bare tablespoon olive oil
1 egg
Mix - microwave for 90 seconds then turn out and let it cool down

Have a great day if you can - hugs for those who want one - Carp and Diem and all that.

Last edited:

Viv19

I have toast for breakfast almost every morning. I usually buy oat bread because oats are said to be heart-healthful.

@PenguinMum I like your practice of freezing bread. When I was growing up, if we had a little leftover bread no one would eat we would tear it up and toss it out onto the patio for the birds to eat. They always flocked right to it and Mama didn't like to overindulge in starchy foods.

I’ve always sliced and frozen our bread. It works really well. When No3 daughter was at school, she took her lunch of 2 slices frozen seed bread made with whatever filling she wanted. (Ditto OH) It kept the sandwich cool in the heat, and by the time she came to eat it it was a fresh tasty sandwich as opposed to a warm dried up one.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks PM...after a short snooze I finally managed to get myself organised...hair tidied threw some mascara on then off to London...all paperwork done...invoices delivered looking forward to doing absolutely nothing tomorrow apart from tidying this place.
Hope you have a lovely relaxing day today - you definitely deserve to relax as you work so h hard.

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 4.6 yesterday and 4.3 today

yesterday was a mixed weather day, we had some sunshine and quite a bit of rain but it was mr. gee's birthday so we went out for lunch and a walk, he didn't want a fuss so that was what we did, had a nice lunch and a pleasant walk in the sun :)

still grey this morning here with a weather warning for thunderstorms (again) so it looks as if it may be more of a 'stuff' sorting indoor day than an outdoor gardening day today :sorry:

hope your day treats you kindly :)

Viv19

Our guests leave today so I will go on a few days of simpler food and no wine!! Last night’s evening with bbq food for 4 snowballed and we ended up being 9 eating and chatting along the veranda. It was mostly the ones who couldn’t make it for OH’s birthday so kind of the second half of the celebration.
But in spite of it all, or perhaps because of it all, I have no idea, this morning’s bg was 5.9.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all the meter of doom threw a 5.7 frighteningly hard at me this morning, like a petulant child when asked to give back a toy, I grudgingly accepted it as I knew it would sit and stew if I didn't. Cough gate is still happening, my wife is not getting any sleep with it and as I'm like a father hen faffing around her it makes her even more grumpy. enjoy the sunshine before the weather turns nasty, I have a five hour drive to Bedford later, and I can't wait! (Not)

Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.9 this morning because I had a bowl of cherries after supper. Knew there would be consequences for my first and last English cherries of the season. I do that with my own apples also, pick one off the tree and that is it.
@johnpol sorry to hear you and Mrs Jp are having a tough time of it, hope all goes well for her. @Debandez the only place to buy HiLo is Sainsburys. @HarrisonK Nov seems a long time to wait for your test results! @Bildad good about the weightloss, probs not surprising after the week at camp!
I’m off to the Hygienest this morning then quick coffee with friend who lives in that area back to stack of ironing and hedge men here all day so refreshments galore.
Have a great Wednesday. Stay well, stay safe.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate national bin day.
Again many thanks for the bread recipes and bread chat, It shoots my blood sugars so I avoid it, but Mrs J has this bee in her bonnet, or should I say bread in her bonnet.

Well folks an ok 7.2 for me this morning, I am pleased with that because I shall be out on the bike this morning and I don't want to risk my blood sugars falling.

I shall be orf the grid so to speak for the next few days on top of a Welsh mountain and nowhere near internetty connection things, so folks enjoy yourselves, bark at the post man, chase cars or whatever floats your boat.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a decent nights sleep almost 7 hours a luxury this past couple of weeks...feeling slightly more human this morning...I am not testing I won't be defined by a number today;)...enjoying just pottering about my house even if I am tidying as I go...a second coffee & some breakfast.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheesed off by a 6.3 this morning with no obvious reason. Still 6.3 even though I’ve only had a couple of coffees. Yesterday I ate only a few carbs and just 2 meals within a 6.5 hr window so I’m flummoxed but no point dwelling on it.
@alf_Josiah the lc best bread recipe I’ve come across was recommended by @ianpspurs a while back, it’s this:
www.hemsleyandhemsley.com/recipe/flaxseed-buns/ it does include a tiny bit of maple syrup which I either don’t bother with or use sugar free version. They are quite ‘hearty’ artisanal type rolls but that’s the sort of thing I like. ( ps thanks @Debandez for the tag) using milled flaxseed will make the rolls hold their shape better than whole flaxseed. Have a good time up that Welsh mountain.
@Viv19 I always made the family’s packed lunches the night before, using frozen bread slices too.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a sneaky 6.1 snuck out the meter of mirth today
no real reason, just is...que sera sera

Out working on bike, keeping myself busy,
so hope rains hold off, it tried earlier but the sun beat it off, it seems.

Enjoy the trip @alf_Josiah
Hugs for a relaxing day @Bubbsie
@Cumberland .. hug for the low, hope it steadies for you.
@PenguinMum , sound like a busy enough day..enjoy the coffee and chat
@johnpol ..i hear that ..you can't do right for doing something wrong.
but we care, so we just have to wear it..Hope missus is better real soon.
@Viv19 . sounds like the makings of a great evening..Once all tidied away time to enjoy the peace and quiet.
And happy Birthday to Mr G, @geefull

And @dunelm , thanks for sharing.. be giving that a go soon.

( I'm starting to think that for us T2D's LC Bread Mug or oven, is our version of that old classic,
when every one had their own recipe with a special ingredient for Spag Bol that made it taste better then everybody else's.

And @Debandez ..i spent AGES looking for the Mythical Hi-Lo bread.
No one had it in stock... the ONLY place i have found it was a HUGE sainsburies superstore.
in the bread section, so easy to spot (had trawled store looking under gluten free, exotic foods of the world, etc)..and i now snap up a few if i see it, and freeze.
i usually defrost then toast as required,
but i'm liking @Viv19 and @DJC3 make frozen idea...

have a good un..

oops i spoke too soon about the rain.
took a quick tea break to post this and it's now spitting again..:rolleyes:

Last edited: