What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. One of those nights; up and down like a yo yo and eventually gave up at 0430.

The wonder wheel of let’s track this bizarre roller coaster night ride of misfortune by arriving on platform 6 in carriage 6.1

I made up the strange bread recipe yesterday, the one previously posted by @ianpspurs in the video below.
Left it in the oven for just over an hour and then took it out because it started to blacken round the edges.
After cooling for a few minutes, I took off the end to reveal a slightly soggy interior. Never mind, the end tasted OK with butter melting onto it. I wrapped the loaf in a cotton loaf bag and we went off to our little house on the prairie. By dinner time it had just about dried to the right consistency and two very thin slices were gobbled down. Going to toast some today - not at all bad. Easy to make with just three ingredients (milled flax seeds, water and salt). Oh! And lard, it says to use lard - so lar-Di-dah.

Bon Weekend and all that. Hugs for the weary, hogs for the greedy.

gave that a go today.
similar results me thinks
was ok with butter, but took ages to toast..had to stop as edges got burnt without much 'toasting' in the middle..

will try again and reduce the water 240 from 250
and slightly less salt.
did add some baking powder as read that i can fail to rise.
got a nice round loaf, but as said the middle while firm-ish was softer then expected.
Popped in microwave to cook on for two mins.

Point of note for clueless cooks.

for me i wasn't sure but gas mark 7 = 220c..i found.
couldn't see it anywhere so went with the silicon bread mould.
(may have been the issue)
Next time i might cut up and add some olives..

3/5 stars

Reactions: True Blue and Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice find @Fndwheelie
t2037.gif

job jobbed.
t2005.gif

Nice work fella.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/rulez/t2003.gif

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t2027.gif

Yay! I right-clicked on the emoji, left-clicked to Copy Image, came back here, set my cursor where I wanted to put the image, right-clicked in that place, then left-clicked Paste. Voila! a Happy Cat who looks like me!
t09020.gif

Thank you, @Fndwheelie !

And while I'm enjoying it -- this is for @gennepher --
t70008.gif

Now off to find something for @Debandez and @Viv19 who asked ...
Hi @SaskiaKC

i tried that but couldn't get it to work for me,
am i missing something ?
i did find a way post in, but it was a slightly different method

Loved the Butterfly for gen...
m1239.gif

ahh..got it now..Copy IMAGE..duh

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0125.jpg IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0109.jpg Missed Yosemite by a hundred miles or so due to a navigational error and ended up going through the mountains at the Sonora pass, very beautiful, a bit like the Hardknott pass in the lakes but on a bigger scale. Just landed at fisherman’s wharf.

Laters taters.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 34803 View attachment 34800 View attachment 34801 View attachment 34802 Missed Yosemite by a hundred miles or so due to a navigational error and ended up going through the mountains at the Sonora pass, very beautiful, a bit like the Hardknott pass in the lakes but on a bigger scale. Just landed at fisherman’s wharf.

Laters taters.

wow what a fantastic view...

looks like your having a good time..nice and relaxed, mate.

enjoy the ride, and remember when you don't know where your going,
any road gets you there..lol

( i take it your driving yourselves around..?
don't forget to get your kicks.....;))

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A bottomless basket of hugs for you @Krystyna23040
I hate those kind of computer days -frustrating, time wasting to work out and sort, and they fry the brain.
It’s a new day for you today!
Hopefully everything will be good.
More hugs...
Thank you @gennepher. Yes - it certainly did fry my brain. Today was a much better day. Did a little bit on the computer when I got back home from work this evening and it was behaving itself. It actually was working quite fast.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)