What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 for me today to round off a week of 6s.
Its our 35th wedding anniversary today but we are not known to make a fuss on the day. We had a lovely weekend away last weekend and going to the Cotswolds the next BH weekend. However OH insists we have supper out so that will be nice (if challenging for mt BG!). We had drama in our rural lane yesterday 3 ambulances and helicopter landed in field at the bottom of my drive. I am waiting to hear who or what happened as they were telling folk to go back to their homes. Upset me a lot. There is one house which changed hands a while back and I dont know the occupants but in general we all look out for each other here.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
t2248.gif

t2259.gif

t09013.gif

t09011.gif

t9603.gif

t19133.gif
t19132.gif

m19016.gif
m19017.gif

t09016.gif
Love it! Especially the hungry cat which of course always gets fed first!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another late night but a reasonable sleep...still windy at least the sun is shining...just waiting for my coffee to brew (smells fabulous) looking forward to that first sip!...I need to go food shopping at some point today...can I muster up the enthusiasm for parking & trolley battles on a Sunday morning...I'll think about that after coffee...woke to a 5.7

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A bit cold here? 15 degrees C. Where has our summer gone?

FBG 6.7 mmo/lt at 0600 hrs.

Tried making the ground linseed flaxbread @dunelm @ianpspurs . 50% success. It needs a raising agent (bicarb or baking powder ) plus extra elasticity from raw egg, maybe some oil and 25% almond flour too. The dry ingredients need to be blitzed to a fine powder. I like the idea of some whole seeds on top or in the dough. I'll share when I have repeat 100% success. Note: ground linseed is never going to rise like strong bread flour with bakers' yeast, but it doesn't have to be a house-brick either. Hardly any carbs in linseed/flax.

Another idea is to pretend to make Irish soda bread, only sub ground linseed/almond for the wheat/oats/rye. Be nice if a home bread baker could join me in this quest?

Hm! I tried this low ingredient recipe to see what happened - it was OK - I just think that the water volume could be dropped gradually - the person in the video has a very hot Aga type oven like my mothers - very hot - a normal domestic oven probably can’t get all the water to steam out in just an hour.
Anyhow, I have a recipe that I do like (amongst others) in my CMT with more ingredients if you like:

https://www.copymethat.com/r/hLBTqMd/low-carb-paleo-bread-with-hemp-seed-flou/

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. The second morning in the 4s this week. So it just shows that, for me, getting stressed does affect blood sugars.

Today will be an admin day because tomorrow we are off on hols for a few days. We are staying at Orford in Suffolk - just an hour and a half leisurely drive away. So.looking forward to it. Will be taking plenty to read in case it rains.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been up for a while, and then back to bed, and now up again. Happy Sunday - dull as a dull thing but no rain - bonus.

The wonder wheel of early rising and dark o’clock tea sipping gave a lowly 4.9 at 0500. In anticipation, I suspect, for the promised bacon and eggs later this morning with some of my linseed loaf fried in butter and topped with reduced tinned tomatoes.

It’s the glorious 12th tomorrow so on with the tweeds and a check of the gun cupboard tonight.
Here is a recipe that I like if you care to have a couple of grouse over the coming weeks:
https://www.copymethat.com/r/n6XhGFU/roast-grouse-with-porcini-tomatoes-and-r/

Have a wonderful day if you can, laughter and hugs are good for the soul.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A bit cold here? 15 degrees C. Where has our summer gone?

FBG 6.7 mmo/lt at 0600 hrs.

Tried making the ground linseed flaxbread @dunelm @ianpspurs . 50% success. It needs a raising agent (bicarb or baking powder ) plus extra elasticity from raw egg, maybe some oil and 25% almond flour too. The dry ingredients need to be blitzed to a fine powder. I like the idea of some whole seeds on top or in the dough. I'll share when I have repeat 100% success. Note: ground linseed is never going to rise like strong bread flour with bakers' yeast, but it doesn't have to be a house-brick either. Hardly any carbs in linseed/flax.

Another idea is to pretend to make Irish soda bread, only sub ground linseed/almond for the wheat/oats/rye. Be nice if a home bread baker could join me in this quest?
Gosh that sounds like hard work. Think I will stick to my slice of no crust kingsmill now and again Haha. I don't do kitchen!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Its our 35th wedding anniversary today but we are not known to make a fuss on the day. We had a lovely weekend away last weekend and going to the Cotswolds the next BH weekend. However OH insists we have supper out so that will be nice (if challenging for mt BG!). We had drama in our rural lane yesterday 3 ambulances and helicopter landed in field at the bottom of my drive. I am waiting to hear who or what happened as they were telling folk to go back to their homes. Upset me a lot. There is one house which changed hands a while back and I dont know the occupants but in general we all look out for each other here.
Happy 35th wedding anniversary to you and Mr PM. Hope all well in your lovely neighbourhood.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Decided that because of the weather and been trying to get to the shop for 2 days to order from prime now, bit of a pain as I can’t get all that I want and have to buy other bits to spend enough to get delivery. But I cba to go out getting wet or blown away.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Decided that because of the weather and been trying to get to the shop for 2 days to order from prime now, bit of a pain as I can’t get all that I want and have to buy other bits to spend enough to get delivery. But I cba to go out getting wet or blown away.

Ha lol I looked at the black cat with the umbrella and it reminded me of my Bobs complaining on what we call Soggy Moggy day!
Hope you get what you need without braving the elements.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Probably remnants of too much prosecco at the carpenters tribute the night before.

Pat my BIL had his 15 years of service award yesterday. He was presented with a beautiful pocket watch engraved with lovely words, a book token and a card signed by all the staff. He has been off work poorly with one thing and another so it was good for him to see everyone. They all think the world of him.

Today is omelette day. Cheese n mushroom with a cuppa. Not christened dinner yet. May get a take away from local carvery. Yum.

2nd viewing on house we are selling (we renovated). The estate agent told us viewer is looking to put in an offer and wants to view again. It's nail biting stuff I can tell you!

Today is going to be a nasty day weather wise so staying in on the cards. Building a bed for our granddaughter, little bit of painting walls downstairs and a deep clean. Ready for the royal visit (my auntie from Dublin!!! She is the last remaining sibling of my mum who had 12 so she is very special to us all). I need to make my house look like it's always this pristine!!!

Attachments

• 20190810_202756_resized.jpg
    20190810_202756_resized.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 189

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy anniversary- hope you have a wonderful day

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

windy all night and wet this morning (the weather, not me ;) ), and last night and this morning the water board are digging in a hole down the village street again :sorry:

Hope your day treats you well :)