What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez thanks for the good wishes.
I like the idea of your auntie visiting from Dublin being a ‘royal’ visit. I can imagine lots of strong tea and chatting and laughter into the early hours. Thats how it used to be with me and my mum. Very precious time Deb.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine too Harrison..is it the stormy weather or what? I havent done anything radical with my meals! Annoying isnt it?

It is indeed, like you I don't have a real reason for the 'why' of it. We can only hope it resolves itself PDQ :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All. 6.5 for me today to round off a week of 6s.
Its our 35th wedding anniversary today but we are not known to make a fuss on the day. We had a lovely weekend away last weekend and going to the Cotswolds the next BH weekend. However OH insists we have supper out so that will be nice (if challenging for mt BG!). We had drama in our rural lane yesterday 3 ambulances and helicopter landed in field at the bottom of my drive. I am waiting to hear who or what happened as they were telling folk to go back to their homes. Upset me a lot. There is one house which changed hands a while back and I dont know the occupants but in general we all look out for each other here.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
happy anniversary xx

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez thanks for the good wishes.
I like the idea of your auntie visiting from Dublin being a ‘royal’ visit. I can imagine lots of strong tea and chatting and laughter into the early hours. Thats how it used to be with me and my mum. Very precious time Deb.
She can talk more than me, just to give you an idea!!

Reactions: SaskiaKC and Viv19

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 for me today to round off a week of 6s.
Its our 35th wedding anniversary today but we are not known to make a fuss on the day. We had a lovely weekend away last weekend and going to the Cotswolds the next BH weekend. However OH insists we have supper out so that will be nice (if challenging for mt BG!). We had drama in our rural lane yesterday 3 ambulances and helicopter landed in field at the bottom of my drive. I am waiting to hear who or what happened as they were telling folk to go back to their homes. Upset me a lot. There is one house which changed hands a while back and I dont know the occupants but in general we all look out for each other here.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Congratulations on the anniversary and the many more to come. Enjoy the day and celebratory supper whilst maybe having somewhat of a gap meal from LC.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was thinking of adding an egg as well.
Seeds on top.. You read my mind.:wideyed:

I might throw in some almond flour., Now you mention it.
Hello my friend. Don't forget that the bicarbonate of soda needs some acid to function. This occurs naturally in the buttermilk for the soda bread. However if attempting very low carbs (no lactose) one would need something like a spoonful of cider vinegar with the lukewarm water, to generate the carbon dioxide.

An American lady explains all this on Youtube, but she uses five eggs too. I want my scrambled eggs On, not In, my toast!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t4566.gif
Happy Anniversary, @PenguinMum and congratulations!

m19042.gif
@trick60 thank you for inspiring the virtual tour I took of Sonora Pass and Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass last night. Beautiful scenery.

t1944.gif
@dunelm and @True Blue thank y'all for the recipes. I wish my mother were here, she would enjoy reading about the bread-making and would be able to offer some helpful input about yeast and baking soda and baking powder.

t1911.gif
@dunelm I will be thinking of you tomorrow while celebrating the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends.

t19121.gif
LOL @Debandez I don't do kitchen either, but am always happy to partake of what others have made in one! Please tell me more about the bed y'all are building, as I need a new one.

m19012.gif
@Fndwheelie thank you for the wonderful can of worms you have opened and shared with all of us! And for the online shopping tips -- I keep meaning to try that so I needed a reminder to do so.

t111008.gif
and to everyone talking about staying indoors today because of the weather -- y'all have made me more content about the prospect of staying in today. Thanks.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
t4566.gif
Happy Anniversary, @PenguinMum and congratulations!

m19042.gif
@trick60 thank you for inspiring the virtual tour I took of Sonora Pass and Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass last night. Beautiful scenery.

t1944.gif
@dunelm and @True Blue thank y'all for the recipes. I wish my mother were here, she would enjoy reading about the bread-making and would be able to offer some helpful input about yeast and baking soda and baking powder.

t1911.gif
@dunelm I will be thinking of you tomorrow while celebrating the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends.

t19121.gif
LOL @Debandez I don't do kitchen either, but am always happy to partake of what others have made in one! Please tell me more about the bed y'all are building, as I need a new one.

m19012.gif
@Fndwheelie thank you for the wonderful can of worms you have opened and shared with all of us! And for the online shopping tips -- I keep meaning to try that so I needed a reminder to do so.

t111008.gif
and to everyone talking about staying indoors today because of the weather -- y'all have made me more content about the prospect of staying in today. Thanks.

Genius post!

Pics of bed to follow. Still a WIP. Only £54 delivered from Ebay. The reason it's so cheap!!! Hubby been at it for 3 hours!!!