What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/afternoon//evening folks, well the fog has lifted in San Francisco and revealed a big bridge across the bay, we spent today looking around the city and had a look around the bohemian Haight-Ashbury district, there’s some great history here and the locals seem to relish that, but my goodness the homeless problem this city has needs addressing, there are poor unfortunates everywhere you look.
Off down the west coast tomorrow, could spend another week here and not scratch the surface of this place.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 111

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
By the way, the shop that has those legs coming out of the top window sells high heeled ladies shoes in sizes up to a mans 12.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a drowned North East, I think I may need a whale sized wet suit if this keeps up, a full programme of debauchery was conducted at the weekend drinking into the wee small hours, climbing trees naked (something I used to do in college, don't ask I used to be a tree surgeon) and dancing into the weekend. Or in my case helping out with some people from the gym who competed at their first powerlifting competition at the weekend, (they all did brilliantly and I just ruined the team picture!) any way, the meter of unpredictability triumphantly threw a 8.9 at me this morning, you could see it smirking in glee at the number. The wife's cough has finally settled down, so now I can stop bothering her.
Happy Anniversary @PenguinMum I hope you have a brilliant day.

Take care everyone.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/afternoon//evening folks, well the fog has lifted in San Francisco and revealed a big bridge across the bay, we spent today looking around the city and had a look around the bohemian Haight-Ashbury district, there’s some great history here and the locals seem to relish that, but my goodness the homeless problem this city has needs addressing, there are poor unfortunates everywhere you look.
Off down the west coast tomorrow, could spend another week here and not scratch the surface of this place.
Amazing photos!
Keep them coming!!!
upload_2019-8-12_8-21-50.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 4.9 at 5.30 (woke and was curious) and 5.7 at 07.45 which I am happy with. Amazing how rapidly it rises though. We are in for a week of autumnal weather I think. August of recent years has been disappointing.
@trick60 what a lovely thing to say, we are both lucky. Great pics of SF you will have to return. @Viv19 and @Fndwheelie hug for the bad sleep, hope you can fit in a little snooze later. @True Blue if you have a bad reaction to the drops ask for the preservative free ones which is what I have. You might be allergic to whats in the others.@gennepher that sounds interesting let us know it unfolds. @Debandez either version the big selling point is YOU of that I am certain. Great work.
Busy next couple of days prepping meals for OH for the week/getting laundary up to date as I am off to Kent on Wed to collect my friend from hospital after her second op and will stay with her till Sunday.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @geefull thanks for the good wishes. @PenguinMum hope prep goes well and as I have said before, what a truly amazing friend you are. @trick60 pictures give a hint of an amazing holiday so enjoy the special time. @johnpol glad your wife's cough has subsided. @Krystyna23040 the prospect of a lovely time seems to be buoying your spirits after a busy day. Next tags shamelessly copied form @DJC3 : @Viv19 hope your tum is better now and you can get some rest today @Bildad good luck with sorting all those camp crates @Fndwheelie hope you have a more restful nights sleep tonight . @DJC3 glad the weather looks nice and you get a nice walk somewhere with a coffee/ cafe stop.

Last edited:

Viv19

5.4 this morning.
@Viv19 hope your tum is better now and you can get some rest today
@Bildad good luck with sorting all those camp crates - sounds like a daunting task.
@Fndwheelie hope you have a more restful nights sleep tonight - it’s so frustrating when that happens.
Have a happy Monday everyone, not sure about my plans for the day but the weather looks nice atm so a nice walk somewhere I think, with a coffee/ cafe stop.

Thanks DJC3. I’m still waiting to wake up. Tum is just feeling ‘delicate’ so a good reason not to eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

Viv19

5.7 today. Had a brilliant day yesterday and did an absolutely enormous amount of admin. Only problem was that I was doing so well I just kept on going instead of stopping at a sensible time to pack my case. But it was such a lovely feeling to have all the urgent paperwork done.

Had a 3.9 at 2pm yesterday which was unusual. I took BS because I did feel I was having a hypo. Body is getting used to lots more than lower numbers because I no longer get hypo warnings until I get down to 4.1.

Have showered and washed hair so will just have one more coffee and will start packing. Husband has taken dogs out to the park so I won't have to rush around - which I really appreciate.

We are heading to Dunwich heath which is stunning this time of year as all the heather is in full bloom and then on to our hotel for a leisurely dinner.

How lovely. Apparently there is geocaching on Dunwich Heath. Never been anywhere where we could do it, but it was a past time of No 3 daughter and her husband.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another late night after I got caught up watching a documentary on Syria...based on a book written by Paul Conroy called 'Under The Wire' he was one of a number of journalists who was hit by a bomb while trying to tell the world what was happening to the civilians at the height of the bombing of Homs...heart breaking & inspiring at the same time...difficult to get to sleep after that...finally managed it & not up until 9am...need to get myself back to some kind of exercise...no 'Plumpy' to walk so I have rather let it slide...woke to a 6.4

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol it started raining about 10 mins after I’d written that!
Hope you are ok and the antibiotics are doing their job.
Sorry about the walk. Antibiotics seem to have finally worked last evening so now a little ambivalent about having the test on Thursday. 6 litres of water plus tea a day restricts how much walking or moving far from base I can do just now. I wanted to attend a funeral for the wife of a superb man I used to play cricket with but probably couldn't sit through the service. Please don't mention rain for a few days:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry about the walk. Antibiotics seem to have finally worked last evening so now a little ambivalent about having the test on Thursday. 6 litres of water plus tea a day restricts how much walking or moving far from base I can do just now. I wanted to attend a funeral for the wife of a superb man I used to play cricket with but probably couldn't sit through the service. Please don't mention rain for a few days:angelic:

upload_2019-8-12_9-51-4.gif

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 4.9 at 5.30 (woke and was curious) and 5.7 at 07.45 which I am happy with. Amazing how rapidly it rises though. We are in for a week of autumnal weather I think. August of recent years has been disappointing.
@trick60 what a lovely thing to say, we are both lucky. Great pics of SF you will have to return. @Viv19 and @Fndwheelie hug for the bad sleep, hope you can fit in a little snooze later. @True Blue if you have a bad reaction to the drops ask for the preservative free ones which is what I have. You might be allergic to whats in the others.@gennepher that sounds interesting let us know it unfolds. @Debandez either version the big selling point is YOU of that I am certain. Great work.
Busy next couple of days prepping meals for OH for the week/getting laundary up to date as I am off to Kent on Wed to collect my friend from hospital after her second op and will stay with her till Sunday.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Thank you so much @PenguinMum Yes I have an allergy to Chlorhexidine which is a common antiseptic. The evil eye drops could contain this, which would explain my severe adverse reaction last time. I will ask, as you suggest.

Edit + 90 mins. Contacted the regional NHS Retinopathy Testing Unit. Told them of my allergy. Their response? NO WAY am I to be given ANY eye drops, without a prescription from my doctor! Complete ban! (Phew, what a relief.)

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Happy.

I've put my leaflet out on my social media platforms. Just want to share this with you from someone trying to help their dad.

'Thank you very much Debra for spending the time to send these.
I'm going to print them and sit with my dad to explain them.
I switched his cereal for eggs/bacon/greek yog /berries earlier this year after following David Unwin and his latest checkup showed a large fall in HbA1c. It was tough to get him to listen and change for a long time. But I realised trying to change lots was confusing him a lot so thats why I reverted to just starting with breakfast and that's now become routine for him. So now it's time to step it up a level and these materials will help so much with that'

What a great way to do it, in stages.

Thank you for your feedback on the 2 x LC lists. Really helped. Just off for an 11am meeting about the presentation so have to dash. Catch up later.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. At the clinic tomorrow for the annual retinopathy test. I react really badly to those drops. Guess a man's gotta do...etc.

Had the full Indian last night, with beers too, so no surprise this morning to have FBG at 7.7 mmo/lt at 0630 hrs.

Still working on the flax bread recipe. That American lady may well be right about the eggs after all. One egg was not enough to enable a good rise, she used five, so three is my next number. Also plan to sub in some more almond flour and try baking powder instead of bicarb/cider vinegar.

Good luck with that. Always interesting to read experimental bread recipes. Will you be using a finely ground almond flour?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Slightly off topic but there. Let's all pretend it is 1977, go hug a tree, knit our own muesli and play nice with our significant other, pet or poem. I have no stunning pics to share but have this on me

Last edited: