What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just prepping for my talk next month. Found these. Thought they were quite good lists so sharing. Which do you prefer?

Attachments

• facebook_1565526337853.jpg
    facebook_1565526337853.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 123
  • FB_IMG_1565540037896.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565540037896.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 116

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t get round to posting this morning and I’m not sure I’ve read all the posts I’ve missed.
To start with Happy Anniversary @PenguinMum 35 years is really something to celebrate.
@Debandez I prefer the look of the second one but the content of the first as it has English translations of the American veg. Sorry to prevaricate - not what you wanted!

Edit to add fBG which I forgot again it was 5.6

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just prepping for my talk next month. Found these. Thought they were quite good lists so sharing. Which do you prefer?

i think the first one has the look of something more modern
almost what you'd see in a restaurant.

all the advice seem decent, if a little over explained on the 2nd one, imo.

so my final answer, chris ..A. the 1st one ending 853.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 today. Probably remnants of too much prosecco at the carpenters tribute the night before.

Pat my BIL had his 15 years of service award yesterday. He was presented with a beautiful pocket watch engraved with lovely words, a book token and a card signed by all the staff. He has been off work poorly with one thing and another so it was good for him to see everyone. They all think the world of him.

Today is omelette day. Cheese n mushroom with a cuppa. Not christened dinner yet. May get a take away from local carvery. Yum.

2nd viewing on house we are selling (we renovated). The estate agent told us viewer is looking to put in an offer and wants to view again. It's nail biting stuff I can tell you!

Today is going to be a nasty day weather wise so staying in on the cards. Building a bed for our granddaughter, little bit of painting walls downstairs and a deep clean. Ready for the royal visit (my auntie from Dublin!!! She is the last remaining sibling of my mum who had 12 so she is very special to us all). I need to make my house look like it's always this pristine!!!

Congratulations to Pat! What a wonderful reward for him!

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at half 5 this morning. I’d have easily taken a 6 something in exchange for a couple more hours of sleep mind. Off out today and I’m sure those couple of hours will hit me at some point. Hope everyone has a good day today.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. At the clinic tomorrow for the annual retinopathy test. I react really badly to those drops. Guess a man's gotta do...etc.

Had the full Indian last night, with beers too, so no surprise this morning to have FBG at 7.7 mmo/lt at 0630 hrs.

Still working on the flax bread recipe. That American lady may well be right about the eggs after all. One egg was not enough to enable a good rise, she used five, so three is my next number. Also plan to sub in some more almond flour and try baking powder instead of bicarb/cider vinegar.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning.
@Viv19 hope your tum is better now and you can get some rest today
@Bildad good luck with sorting all those camp crates - sounds like a daunting task.
@Fndwheelie hope you have a more restful nights sleep tonight - it’s so frustrating when that happens.
Have a happy Monday everyone, not sure about my plans for the day but the weather looks nice atm so a nice walk somewhere I think, with a coffee/ cafe stop.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Had a brilliant day yesterday and did an absolutely enormous amount of admin. Only problem was that I was doing so well I just kept on going instead of stopping at a sensible time to pack my case. But it was such a lovely feeling to have all the urgent paperwork done.

Had a 3.9 at 2pm yesterday which was unusual. I took BS because I did feel I was having a hypo. Body is getting used to lots more than lower numbers because I no longer get hypo warnings until I get down to 4.1.

Have showered and washed hair so will just have one more coffee and will start packing. Husband has taken dogs out to the park so I won't have to rush around - which I really appreciate.

We are heading to Dunwich heath which is stunning this time of year as all the heather is in full bloom and then on to our hotel for a leisurely dinner.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 8.1

Looks like a nicer day outside than yesterday.

I have been thinking a week or so now of re reading my book eat right for your blood type.

I bought it early 2000's and I thought nah, at the time.

About 2010 a friend insisted it was good and it solved her fibromyalgia and this that and the other. So I read it again. But again I thought nah...

Yesterday I re read it properly. And I think I could be more into trying it out. At least to the point of perhaps avoiding all the foods it says avoid. There are neutral foods which are ok. But it is better to go with the good foods for your blood type.

According to this book I am eating too much meat for my blood type. And this is the reason I am not losing weight. I have been losing weight, but I plateaued again.

I was already thinking maybe I was eating a lot of meat and maybe to try and introduce more fish. And the book tells me I should be eating more fish. So I am okay with that.

So, I will be looking into it more today. And researching online about this and diabetes.

Any thoughts any of you had would be welcomed, even if you are dead set against it and give me a reason why.

I will be doing this gradually anyway, because I have only relatively recently got out of the double figures. I want to be able to get nearer to a 6 to 7 more regularly in my during the day readings.

Have a good day. It looks nice outside. Hopefully it continues.

>^..^<

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

it's been quite a bit cooler here this last couple of days, down to 11'C this morning but at least it's not currently raining ;)
We did manage a walk with mum's little dog yesterday and only got slightly soggy.

Wish we could get something done in the garden at mum's before her visitors arrive later in the week but it's just too wet at the moment. Honestly I think this particular set of visitors won't notice ('I think 'may slide into 'I hope' as the week/weather goes on :sorry:). On past form it doesn't seem to occur to them to go out into the garden unless we actually take food outside :hilarious:

Mum prefers everything tidy when she's having visitors though :)

@ianpspurs Hope things go well for you

@PenguinMum Happy Anniversary

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

Last edited: