What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/afternoon//evening folks, well the fog has lifted in San Francisco and revealed a big bridge across the bay, we spent today looking around the city and had a look around the bohemian Haight-Ashbury district, there’s some great history here and the locals seem to relish that, but my goodness the homeless problem this city has needs addressing, there are poor unfortunates everywhere you look.
Off down the west coast tomorrow, could spend another week here and not scratch the surface of this place.
Loved SF when we were there several years ago after driving up to Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). Stayed in a place on Union Square - brings back fond memories. Are you stopping at Big Sur? - There is a cafe/pub with a London bus somewhere on the PCH on the way to LA - can’t remember where but worth a stop.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2nd reply from the same gentleman. Just fir info.

'A bit more detail on the breakfast change is that he and my mum were telling that their beloved shredded wheat was fine for him because the box shows it has "no sugar". I explained (as you know) about the carb content that breaks down into glucose and they looked at me as though I was tryi g to trick them.

So I asked them not to trust me, but to trust the blood glucose test. So I asked them to do an experiment and to do a test 1 hour after his cereal the next morning. His bc went from 6 to 16! The next morning their challenge was to eat bacon and eggs and to repeat the bc test. This time his bc went from 6.1 to 6.2! They were both gobsmacked with the effect the cereal was having. And suddenly they completely trusted me now that there was actual evidence in front of their eyes.

And best of all my dad is enjoying his new breakfasts more than he ever did his cereal. With the benefit of not craving mid morning snacks'

Getting some very positive messages coming through. I'm absolutely delighted.

Been to the meeting about the presentations. It's a 20 minute slot shared between the 2 pts that help other pts. But every little helps. Lots of influential people there so great networking op. Happy with that. Will keep you informed.

Great way to convince them - seeing is believing - so much rubbish put out there and a lot of it by the manufacturers of so called food.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully you enjoyed/liked it. Played that whole album but specifically that song to distraction back in the day. Never did knit my own muesli though (but it appears every contributor to Diet Doctor does.)
We loved the Rumours album also and like you played it endlessly....dont have other than on vinyl and nothing now to play it on! Might buy a Greatest Hits cd since we are too dinosaur to stream music lol.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We loved the Rumours album also and like you played it endlessly....dont have other than on vinyl and nothing now to play it on! Might buy a Greatest Hits cd since we are too dinosaur to stream music lol.

So am I, Sistersaura. :)

dinot.jpeg

Attachments

• dinot.jpeg
    dinot.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: HarryBeau

Viv19

We missed lots of music when we were living elsewhere. Only the most international hits ever filtered through - we often didn’t have tv, and radio was the local music, not always anything our ears could understand.
We missed lots of other things too. When No. 2 daughter was invited to a costume party to come as a ‘goth’ I’d never heard of them. Remember there was no internet, no google to inform. I had to phone friends to ask what a goth was supposed to look like. Big gaps in my education!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
fbg 8.1

Looks like a nicer day outside than yesterday.

I have been thinking a week or so now of re reading my book eat right for your blood type.

I bought it early 2000's and I thought nah, at the time.

About 2010 a friend insisted it was good and it solved her fibromyalgia and this that and the other. So I read it again. But again I thought nah...

Yesterday I re read it properly. And I think I could be more into trying it out. At least to the point of perhaps avoiding all the foods it says avoid. There are neutral foods which are ok. But it is better to go with the good foods for your blood type.

According to this book I am eating too much meat for my blood type. And this is the reason I am not losing weight. I have been losing weight, but I plateaued again.

I was already thinking maybe I was eating a lot of meat and maybe to try and introduce more fish. And the book tells me I should be eating more fish. So I am okay with that.

By the way I am AB positive.

So, I will be looking into it more today. And researching online about this and diabetes.

Any thoughts any of you had would be welcomed, even if you are dead set against it and give me a reason why.

I will be doing this gradually anyway, because I have only relatively recently got out of the double figures. I want to be able to get nearer to a 6 to 7 more regularly in my during the day readings.

Have a good day. It looks nice outside. Hopefully it continues.

>^..^<

Just catching up on thread. You may have had lots if tips from others but I've not read yet. I love diet doctor. I usually find a solution or advice for all my questions in there. It's my first go to. That and ditch the carbs. Try this link, hope it helps.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-break-weight-loss-plateau

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Get yourself a Youtube acoount

loads of music on there.

LOVED Rumours...chains was ALWAYS my favourite track
head phones in..crank up the ending..pure bliss.

and as it's the anniversary.
Light down real low,
wine (or gin) and then
get Mr Pm sat on the couch next to you...and just chill.....
then

Early Night, ...Guaranteed..
m1272.gif

Endless music of your choice.
make a playlist.
go to that and play the music on there
when you want and listen through Bluetooth speakers
(if you don't have other sound systems.)

And if you get adventurous,
one of those echos OR google Home will play the music as YOU command..

Yeah i know...:rolleyes:
never saw the appeal..
wife's Gf bought us one as a xmas prezzie...*** :***:
sat there for a week or two in it's box.

My OCD kicked in..any appliance MUST do what it's meant to to do.
to TOTAL of it's ability...end of.

Echo WOULD FAIL...:watching:

But sadly no...it passed my OCD test
we liked it, we use it daily,
in fact we bought a 2nd one for the kitchen...i KNOW..how mad is that..LoL
(and if ANYONE want's to listen in to US...god bless em..at least someone listens to me in our house,,,:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )

seriously...try youtube on laptop or PC.
get an account.
make your first playlist.

Got mine up on the Mobile, so i can listen on a run or at the Gym..to MY music tracks..:)

Most of the young un's watch more STUFF on line then watch TV

so i guess that makes ME a young UN..Deep joy.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm watching The Big Chill. They're all so young! Kevin Kline, Glenn Close, William Hurt ...

The last time I watched this movie I was staying at my sister's house and my niece and nephew came in; they were too young to watch it so I changed the channel. Now they're in their 40s.

Oh, well, the soundtrack hasn't aged, and when I hear it, neither have I. :)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Off to the dreaded Retinopathy torture chamber today. Maybe it won't be so bad if the evil eye drops are not given.

FBG 7.4 mmo/lt at 0600 hrs, after a bad night's sleep.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck @True Blue

I think the visit had played in your mind, more then expected.
Sooner it's over, the better

Sure to go smoothly, now it's NO eye drops.
Do just envisage the blue of the sea, while your sat on your yacht sailing around Europe,..

Hope results, show nothing of concern :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How lovely. Apparently there is geocaching on Dunwich Heath. Never been anywhere where we could do it, but it was a past time of No 3 daughter and her husband.
Dunwich Heath would be a lovely place to do geocaching. We had a lovely walk through the heather. The last part of the walk is along the cliffs and luckily we got back to the cafe before there was a heavy shower.