What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Had a lovely dinner last night - belly pork and lots of green veg cooked in butter. Then a selection of lovely cheeses with celery.

@ianpspurs yes - the thought of our holiday really raised my spirits. It's so lovely to relax in a lovely part of the country.

Am looking forward to breakfast as I am quite hungry. We are off to Sutton Hoo this morning. Weather looks good.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry about the walk. Antibiotics seem to have finally worked last evening so now a little ambivalent about having the test on Thursday. 6 litres of water plus tea a day restricts how much walking or moving far from base I can do just now. I wanted to attend a funeral for the wife of a superb man I used to play cricket with but probably couldn't sit through the service. Please don't mention rain for a few days:angelic:
good to hear that the antibiotics are at last working and that you feel a bit better.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Happy.

I've put my leaflet out on my social media platforms. Just want to share this with you from someone trying to help their dad.

'Thank you very much Debra for spending the time to send these.
I'm going to print them and sit with my dad to explain them.
I switched his cereal for eggs/bacon/greek yog /berries earlier this year after following David Unwin and his latest checkup showed a large fall in HbA1c. It was tough to get him to listen and change for a long time. But I realised trying to change lots was confusing him a lot so thats why I reverted to just starting with breakfast and that's now become routine for him. So now it's time to step it up a level and these materials will help so much with that'

What a great way to do it, in stages.

Thank you for your feedback on the 2 x LC lists. Really helped. Just off for an 11am meeting about the presentation so have to dash. Catch up later.

Have a good day everyone.
you are doing a brilliant job of getting the message out that there is a better way to deal with diabetes which doesn't end with losing our sight and amputations. Well done.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dont I always call you young JJ ;) Oh that Sade album was another big fave of ours. That is what I call chill. Will look into all that...I only have ipad...any good?
God knows why I am awake at this hour btw!

From Google it looks like the YouTube app come installed on iPad...decent bit of kit.
It'll be perfect for playing YouTube.

You'll just need to follow the guides and make your own account.
Then it knows who you are....
And like any good shopkeeper
They then remember the things you like and for youtube , that's what you like watching or listening to.

Playlist, just let you order a list of songs (or videos) under a heading you like. Smooth, upbeat, runtracks, dancing, etc

And you decide the order, and can click forward to next track or skip ahead to one that's a particular favourite

The world is moving fast., PM

I dumped a load of video tapes at recycling centre yesterday .went into rubbish
No longer use CDs for films, all streamed or online
Same with music
And I ditched an old Tom Tom other day because sat nav on Google is so much easier..car or walking.

Missus n Steph, went to Rome.
I street mapped how far walking AND the route for them for various sites ....before they went and sent it to their phones

Gave them the confidence to walk the routes rather then get ripped off by taxi drivers...had a great time.

What we did yesterday, isn't how we do it today,
Where will it all end...lol

But we adapt and use the tech to OUR advantage ... and that's the joy of learning

It gives us options.

Have a good un, @PenguinMum

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Off to the dreaded Retinopathy torture chamber today. Maybe it won't be so bad if the evil eye drops are not given.

FBG 7.4 mmo/lt at 0600 hrs, after a bad night's sleep.
My last retinopathy was done with no eye drops at all.
So it can be done.
Take care x

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And I ditched an old Tom Tom other day because sat nav on Google is so much easier..car or walking.

It can be a bit scary though! We have folk band rehearsal every other Tuesday afternoon and Choir every Thursday evening, we travel some 30 mile to both. We have never used Google maps to get there BUT my wife's iPhone reliably informs us as we set out that traffic is light and we will arrive at our destination in 40 mins, you can't escape that big eye in the sky.

I even turned location OFF on the iPhone but it remembers, beware the algorithms :(

Love the iPad though, fantastic!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, the meter of unpredictability spat a 4.9 at me at 5:30am, now it was sitting there all mildly juvenile, like it wanted a fight, like the gangs roaming the streets back in the late eighties where I used to live. Just hanging around, daring you to say something to it, so I didn't just took my number and left. Coughgate has finished with my wife and she has began her chemo again, but mine has decided it wants to lurk and surprise you at the moment you are taking a drink, cue spilling it down your top and the wife spitting her coffee everywhere because she's laughing so hard! Ahh the joys of a lurking cough, or should that be lingering cough? Tune in tomorrow for more tall tales of wonder.

Take care everyone. And above all enjoy it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
you are doing a brilliant job of getting the message out that there is a better way to deal with diabetes which doesn't end with losing our sight and amputations. Well done.
Every little helps . Hoping that the week of diabetes coming up on 24th August will do great things. In one of the biggest selling papers. It has to help.

I was listening to you tube videos yesterday on the subject. I find it amazing that diabetes.org.uk are ploughing money into their way of gaining remission ie the 8 week (or so) shake (people must be starving, torturous). Yes, hba1c comes down (it will with lack of food) but then what? How do they sustain it? Low cal apparently. The 2 sites couldn't be further apart.

All I know is from day one of changing to low carb higher than my norm fat I've rarely been hungry. It was quite incredible actually.

She doesnt seem happy to me. What do you think?

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/researc...ht/research-spotlight-low-calorie-liquid-diet

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It can be a bit scary though! We have folk band rehearsal every other Tuesday afternoon and Choir every Thursday evening, we travel some 30 mile to both. We have never used Google maps to get there BUT my wife's iPhone reliably informs us as we set out that traffic is light and we will arrive at our destination in 40 mins, you can't escape that big eye in the sky.

I even turned location OFF on the iPhone but it remembers, beware the algorithms :(

Love the iPad though, fantastic!

Then heaven forbid you ever Look at your Google timeline ( Google maps)....:lock::woot:

It details every journey...:wideyed:

I love looking back over ours to see where we went and how far we travelled on any particular holiday :D

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What we did yesterday, isn't how we do it today,
Where will it all end...lol
If you like watching films and are not sensitive about religion and humour or easily offended this is a film worth watching
The Brand New Testament (French: Le Tout Nouveau Testament)

We are all just Googles computer game....
Maybe Google is in charge :pompous: the big eye in the sky!

Oh and just to keep on topic of this thread 5.6 :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Lesser Spotted Toads, oh and Ladies and Gentlemen.

No time again today routine Liver Clinic appointment, none of Mrs J's chores done and to cap it all an 8.2 on the meter this morning, still below my limit of 10.

Must dash have a good one, remember tomorrow is national bin day.
Have a great Monday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. The sun has made an appearance so Good Omens for a decent day out sans waterproofs.

The wonder wheel of here comes the sun, giggled and gasped a 5.1 this am.

Sometimes, when we are round at mother in laws place, it can be useful for a bloke to dip into the blooming buzzing confusion that is usually tuned out and pick up some gems of interest. For instance, on Sunday I found out, purely by accident, that it’s our wedding anniversary today. Time enough then for a “happy anniversary” cheer when delivering Mrs Miggins her morning brew. Oh, and booking a couple of seats at some decent eatery using the online booking system that is “Open Table”.

Have a wonderful day if you can. Mystery day out today. Bag of hugs always open for anyone who needs one.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Was awake in the small hours and then slept until 8.15 when my FBG was 6.0 I imagine if I had done it at my usual time it would have been a 5.
@dunelm happy anniversary to you and Mrs D. Enjoy your day. @True Blue hopethe retinal screening goes well for you with a good result. @Krystyna23040 your walk sounds beautiful and good you swerved the rain. @jjraak thanks for the info need to do something ‘out there’ for me anyway lol. Good luck to all with medical appointments today and @HarrisonK for the safety course.
Have a good Tuesday, reprieve from the heavy rain today. Stay well, stay safe.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. The sun has made an appearance so Good Omens for a decent day out sans waterproofs.

Sometimes, when we are round at mother in laws place, it can be useful for a bloke to dip into the blooming buzzing confusion that is usually tuned out and pick up some gems of interest. For instance, on Sunday I found out, purely by accident, that it’s our wedding anniversary today. Time enough then for a “happy anniversary” cheer when delivering Mrs Miggins her morning brew. Oh, and booking a couple of seats at some decent eatery using the online booking system that is “Open Table”.

Have a wonderful day if you can. Mystery day out today. Bag of hugs always open for anyone who needs one.
Happy anniversary to you both dunelm xx

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 salad last night so expected 5 2. That threw me!

I've got a little guy on each shoulder this morning. One with horns and a 2 pin fork and a dash of red in his ensemble. He seems nice. He thinks I should sit and chill. Stay on the forum, chat, laugh, discuss. Have another coffee. Relax. Take time out. Whereas this horror on my other shoulder is a right one. Nasty as!!! He thinks life is all about getting things done. He keeps waving a list of things to do in my face!!! It does seem long. And some items appear urgent as in BIG, BOLD, RED. He keeps saying 'no time to waste. I have tried flicking him off. He is clinging on like his life depended on it! He thinks this is some sort of game. Whereas the other guy. Well. He is my cuppa tea. Kinda cute too ;-) (always did fall for the wrong type, until I met Eric of course!). Who will win. Watch this space......

I might be some time!

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Happy Anniversary
upload_2019-8-13_9-33-55.gif

Reactions: ianpspurs