Can something be done to let this forum be readable?

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been to this web site on numerous browsers and computers so I know it is not a problem at my end. Many new web sites seem to be propagating the problem.

The problem is with the use of pink or salmon color text. It is almost impossible to read on a white back ground. I teach computing at the local library and on those computers it shows as well.

Shall we talk about the micro text and invisible text boxes?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It may be a problem with the 'Red' tab, bottom of this page. Try clicking it ans see what happens.

D

Deleted member 308541

Change the forum style to mild, which is black on white.

I have no trouble reading it with my 74 year old eyes.

Reactions: ChrissiStar

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t say I have any issues here on safari on phone and iPad.

17C2AD06-BB27-44C1-8583-AB183A3F85BD.png

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been to this web site on numerous browsers and computers so I know it is not a problem at my end. Many new web sites seem to be propagating the problem.

The problem is with the use of pink or salmon color text. It is almost impossible to read on a white back ground. I teach computing at the local library and on those computers it shows as well.

Shall we talk about the micro text and invisible text boxes?

Gork a short while ago, our Pantone colours were tweaked a little, in order to be fully compliant with standards aimed at maximum inclusiveness, including those with some vision disorders.

If you are not enjoying the Red colourway, then you can choose Mild, as outlined.

If you have the same problem with other sites, they may too have become compliant. It is possible to select other colour ways for your whole browser experience too, in your Windows settings.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember a thread some time ago when someone complained about the same thing. I always use the red setting and I can't see a problem on my phone, tablet or PC. There is no pink text on a white background that I can see, perhaps @Gork could make a screenshot of the offending text.

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another vote for ‘mild’ here, definitely less aggressive than the red.

D

Deleted member 308541

There is no pink text on a white background that I can see, perhaps @Gork could make a screenshot of the offending text.
There is only bits of text like this example.

Chrome renders colours better than other other browsers.

iuQlXmY.png

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
iPad and iphone user here and safari shows red as red. No pink or salmon.

Mild looks so ...mild once used to the red lol

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooooh - I just clicked on the 'mild' option - you don't 'arf look funny without the bright red bits. I'm not sure if I like this way better or not.
I don't think I ever went right down to the bottom of the page before...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On PC and iphone, it doesn't look pink or salmon for me, it's the bright poppy red. Mild looks a bit eh tbh and I prefer the red. :hilarious:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I use Edge, IE and Firefox and they all show a very readable bright red as standard with very readable text. I think there must be something wrong with your Windows or whatever settings?

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed