What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
upload_2019-8-19_14-2-11.gif
Hi @PenguinMum and @SaskiaKC I am about, reading posts and giving ratings but not posting for a while. Attending to other health issues which I won't bore y'all with but they are quite disruptive so routine has somewhat gone by the board. Thanks for the tags and I really appreciate it. Also must give a special mention and huge thanks to @DJC3 who pm'd me - what a very special lady you are.
upload_2019-8-19_14-2-11.gif

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast time this morning
IMG_0467.jpg

Shall we?
IMG_0470.jpg

Well I am going to even if you don’t...
IMG_0472.jpg

A free for all!

It’s outside the pet shop when they put the dog food pallet out at 9 am. There was a huge flock of seagulls, rooks, and jackdaws. These two seagulls fought the others for the privilege of 1st dibs....

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK you must be the best neighbour in the UK I salute you.

I'm not really, I'm pretty antisocial except when it comes to my 'special interests' and then ,like most aspies, I can join in :)

Thunderbird and Open Office are looking good. @HarrisonK - any suggestions?

Libre's Office is definitely the better option, Thunderbird is still one of the best mail servers for PCs although I do use Spark on my mobiles and ipads because it consolidates all my email clients into one app.

Linux is the way to go for excellent software that's better than Microsoft and free! I also use Linux Mint and Kali Linux on my laptop.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon folks from sunny Rodeo Drive, it’s good for a look but that’s all.
Bit of a daily struggle with the bloods but that was to be expected on the burger diet.
A few pics of Santa Barbara ( beautiful) and Los Angeles (not my cup of tea, more B.S than L.A).

img_0287-jpg.35061

can see the appeal @trick60
has a very Spanish feel to it,
rather unsurprising, i suppose,
given the history..

did wonder if you were doing the good/bad impression of @Debandez shoulder twins

Looks nice n warm and you seem to be having a whale of a time.

BG's....meh..never as easy on holiday as it is at home,
i blame all that delicious sun drenched temptation..:D

Plenty of time to get back in harness when you get back

For now..just Enjoy the moments.

yours sincerely,
without a scrap of Jealousy..;)

anonymous :bag:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all

was 4.3 this morning.

Away visiting my brother and sister in the North of England so I'm using my tablet to post. The forum looks quite different
Hope your day has treated you well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Anniversary!
Thank you @SaskiaKC. 47 years to the day, although we started courting in 1965 when 15, 60's children.

So before going out for the meal and locking up my pet Dracula he managed a bite of 5.2 :) after a meal from a menu with limited low carb options, Sautéed Button Mushrooms with melted cheese to start, ditched the bread, 8oz Gammon Steak with two fried eggs, carrots, broccoli and peas, ditched the chips, a glass of red wine, then the tempter a choice between Goosberry Crumble and ice cream a favourite from before T2D days or Black Current Cheese Cake on amaretto base, I went for the Cheesecake and boy the glaze on the Black Currants must have been pure sugar, espresso to finish.

On getting home I let Dracula out to do his worst, 5.5 not bad I thought but what will happen in another hour when the cheesecake finds its way into my blood, another 5.5 what's going on? In all fairness I have noticed that cheesecake does not push my BS up but I do still limit my helpings to one every few months or so :(

I await to see what morning brings.:hilarious:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 again this morning. Was 4.9 last night so it looks as though I did store quite a lot of the extra protein as sugar.

Yesterday - because of the high fbs had no carbs for breakfast but this morning just couldn't face eggs and bacon or the lovely scrambled eggs that I usually like so had my kefir, inulin, ground flaxseeds mixed together and topped with a dollop of greek yoghurt and flaked almonds Plus some fried halloumi. 9g of carbs.

2hrs reading was 8.1. Too high I know but only 0.9 up from fbs which I suppose is good.

Have noticed something very weird with my readings. If fbs is in the 4s or low 5s even a zero carb breakfast will increase levels up to 3.0 at the 2hr reading. But after a higher fbs that absolutely never happens and the rise is significantly lower.
That's interesting.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha. For the letter joke.

As for me.
Depending on your needs,
I have been using open office for many years.
Save as ms97.. And everyone can open as normal
I also got into Google docs. Syncs well with gdrive.
And for email... Nothing easier then Gmail.

I knew nothing of computers until 1990's.. Work switched over, so I bought a cheap one and taught myself.. pc for dummies.. Great book.

Then I discovered the world of FREE stuff.
And never looked back.

Can't Believe so many people pay for stuff that isn't premium and can be got for free

And if you're so inclined get a brand new computer system, by going Linux.. Mint was my favourite..... Then EVERYTHINGS FREE..
You are a mine of information

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3

Yes I am eating all my food in a morning. I start eating about 9am. I usually finish eating about 12 (sometimes up to 1pm depends how my day pans out).

I usually eat within a 3 hour window (but sometimes within a 4 hour window, again depending on how my day pans out).
Consequently that means I am fasting 20 to 21 hours a day, every day.

Occasionally I may eat something early afternoon, but that is to suit meeting someone. And it really doesn’t agree with me and knocks me off kilter the rest of the day.

Thank you very much!

A bit more added at 13:55pm:
I have been losing weight doing this.
A few weeks ago I was just over 120kg.
This morning I was 113.9 kg.
I hope I am not banjaxing my lucky streak by sharing. I was going to keep it to myself. But I am a bit proud of myself.
Also I am trying to keep my carbs to under 25, or even 10. But it’s when I meet someone for a meal, it gets a bit tricky to keep to that, but on the whole I succeed.
Absolutely fantastic ! Well done. You have cracked it. A routine that really works for you.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could multitask on the triangle too!
SO....tap a tambourine.. hit a triangle...and shimmy now and again ?

Great .

Bound to have loads of women throwing themselves at me then, aren't I ..:rolleyes:

Not really the Rock n Roll lifestyle I was expecting as my new career jumping off point

Might just give it a miss....:writer:

;):hilarious:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
SO....tap a tambourine.. hit a triangle...and shimmy now and again ?

Great .

Bound to have loads of women throwing themselves at me then, aren't I ..:rolleyes:

Not really the Rock n Roll lifestyle I was expecting as my new career jumping off point

Might just give it a miss....:writer:

;):hilarious:
It depends on how good your shimmy is. If you've got a good shimmy it wont matter if you were playing a dustbin lid there will be a queue!!!