Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Continuing the naughty day, gin in Wetherspoons with haloumi fries, topped chips, tortillas and houmous....curry tonight. Split bolusing all over the place
Oh yum, halloumi fries! I had grilled halloumi for lunch today; excellent but not quite as exciting or naughty ;)

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just a cougar if you’re lucky! ;)

Brings back memories of a few late nights in Fingers Piano Bar, one of Edinburgh's "last chance saloons"!

Although it always puzzled me why cougars tend to wear leopard skin print leggings and not cougar skin print leggings....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Continuing the naughty day, gin in Wetherspoons with haloumi fries, topped chips, tortillas and houmous....curry tonight. Split bolusing all over the place

Hello and welcome, nice to meet you :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Back from my jaunt out, lovely sunshine, then the heavens opened, so waited in a pub doorway and when it stopped I went on my way. Then, I was asked by a market stall holder if I could look after his rug stall whilst he went to get his van, so I obligingly agreed and he thanked me very much when he came back, so my good deed day doer was done :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely day yesterday. But.
Adventures of a T1 granny.
At the close of an evening with friends bloods dropped to 2.9. Argh. I’d left my phone at home too, duh. A couple of jellybabies later they rose to 4.6 so since hosts were tired I went to sit in the car til bloods were fit to drive.
Ten minutes later 4.1. Two more jellybabies. Another ten minutes - 3.1. Rest of the bag, about seven or eight of the chubby glucobabbies. Fifteen minutes passed. Twenty minutes passed. Still 3.1. Broke into the stash of car carb, jellybabs that had solidified in the heat and attacked them with a pen. Slow munch, luckily they still had soft innards.
I got a teeny bit concerned that I was alone in a car at midnight on a dark street and licked the car from the inside. It went ballistic, alarms blaring, lights flashing so I probably didn’t just wake the hosts but the whole street too. Turned car on, got out, locked it, turned it on, got in again.
Still 3.1. More ancient carb.
Eventually, after a long 70 minutes of munching, testing, being antisocial, the magic of 5.6. So drove home, said hello to cat, and corrected til 2.30. Only went to 13.6.
And cursed that I’d said no to the pud made with condensed milk, and believed the cook when they said it was a true Greek moussaka!
Hugs fg and frightening ive had 1 of them xx

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother that sounds like quite an adventure.
I guess you could have done with a Knight in sting armour to help you but he’d probably be wearing the leopard skin leggings Scott mentioned.

I was driving down the motorway one evening when I felt a hypo coming so I pulled over at the nearest service station. For some reason, I didn’t want to leave the car and thought i’d be too conspicuous in the middle of all the cars so pulled over into a quiet corner where there was only one other car. Then another turned up. Then another. Then the kind of guys my mum would disapprove of got out of each car as I slipped down in my seat hoping they wouldn’t see me as some sort of “business” went down. It felt as if I was frozen in that position for at least 30 minutes until they drive off happy with their transaction. Thankfully, the hypo had worn off by then.

In contrast, today has been very boring. Gym and baking so far. The blackberry and apple crumbles are cooling before being frozen and the bread is proving.

The gym was tough. I think it may be because the only gym free days I have had in the last fortnight were days when I walked about 15 miles. Perhaps i’ll have a bit of a break tomorrow. But tomorrow’s another day so who knows?
Oh my, enough to play havoc with any BG - another learning experience?
Wish our blackberries were abundant enough for crumble this year, we usually have enough, and apples too. All you people making lovely food. I feel some cooking coming on.
Did you really mean sting armour? I think I’d prefer a younger one who’d be able to dig the jelly babies out of the car stash swiftly. What’s happened to Sting? Is he still alive?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve just discovered the site’s emojis. And print colours. And sizes. Oh dear, takes me back to the first days in front of a new pc programme.:angelic::eek::oops:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I did have 2lbs of blackberries to freeze, across 3 freezer boxes, but I dropped one of the boxes and lost half a box full when a bus arrived earlier than anticipated! There are still loads out there, so I'll probably have another blackberrying amble tomorrow after cutting the grass and the usual Sunday Morning gig on the organ stool.

I tend to have a handful of berries with some yogurt at least once a day, so with luck, they'll last me a while. Unless I entertain friends who like blackberry and apple crumble, of course.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Period is making my life pretty miserable, I don’t know how many hypo treats I went through. But apple crumble anyone?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do I need to bring custard? :):)
giphy-downsized.gif

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Had Salmon en Croute for lunch today, just to keep Dafne happy, as I was in trouble with them over my choice of LCHF. So Dafne if you were watching from the shadows or a fly on my wall, I did eat the crispy parts of the pastry. I had a much more positive day today, getting on with getting on. Friday, I walked around in a haze, realising I was clinically dead without insulin, after receiving my latest c-peptide. But it's just a number. I'm alive and on insulin. And I can do anything. Even eat crispy pastry.

Reactions: Antje77
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’ve just discovered the site’s emojis. And print colours. And sizes. Oh dear, takes me back to the first days in front of a new pc programme.:angelic::eek::oops:

Or those lovely pens with the different coloured inks, I loved those, I thought they were great, like 8 pens.......in just one, cool :cool: