What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

it's looking bright out this morning and we had a lovely bright day with a sunny afternoon and evening yesterday so now it's chilly here this morning ;)
we actually managed to get some grass cut with the strimmer here at home, it had really got long with the weather being wet every day :sorry:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

good luck @DJC3 hope it goes well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good luck with muddy 5k today. @Cumberland that seems right on the edge for you so I hope there were no hypos ovenight. @karen8967 that is looking like a good start for you, enjoy your day (off?) . 5.3 on my meter today whatever that means or takes me. We are in charge of a 4 month old granddaughter. Stayed overnight with dad who has gone off to golf. Also had 2 of her cousins for a flying lets open the tub of Heroes/Celebrations grandad bought for the people who looked after him in hospital visit. I had tried Lindt 85% earlier and had a mini Dairy milk from the tub. Entirely different product and taste wise high carb one so much more palatable - didn't have much competition really. For me even after 4 years LC is like bringing a knife to a gunfight - seems like I have never adapted. Right on cue @geefull your post proves people can eat a non bat poo crazy way and succeed - top stuff.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning. A 5.5 to start my day and what a day, blue sky and bright autumnal sunshine, Mrs MC says the garden needs our attention, she keeps buying lots of plants, so no bike ride for me today.

All the best @DJC3 hope the mud is soft and warm and your team warmup not to exhausting, enjoy.

@SaskiaKC your best wish for good weather yesterday worked, a faboulouse gig high on a hill.

I hope you all have a great day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Relaxing catching up with posts before setting off to work.
Great fbg and nothing silly about wariness when changing cars - what's phobic about wanting yourself and others to be safe?
@ianpspurs you are right. It's not phobic to want to make sure I am driving safely and not being distracted by an unfamiliar car. Although my youngest sister was killed by a drunk driver 48 years ago it still does affect how I feel about driving and I am ultra careful that I am not the cause of anyone being injured on the road.

Of course - it didn't help that a a distracted van driver came out of a side turning.and collided with my bicycle 15 years ago. A rather painful experience.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning. A 5.5 to start my day and what a day, blue sky and bright autumnal sunshine, Mrs MC says the garden needs our attention, she keeps buying lots of plants, so no bike ride for me today.

All the best @DJC3 hope the mud is soft and warm and your team warmup not to exhausting, enjoy.

@SaskiaKC your best wish for good weather yesterday worked, a faboulouse gig high on a hill.

I hope you all have a great day.
Enjoy the weather and time in the garden. With land prices so high can't you persuade Mrs MC gardens are for fruit, veg, grass and chickens?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040, thanks so much for the good wishes. Keratosis horn now removed. Last piece of snippy, snippy cut, cut done for now. Just waiting for results. Focus moves to why this diet fails me - and I stress me only- particularly limiting the collateral damage it does to me. - neither of the 2 problems needing the sawbones can be attributed to LC. Hugs or advice not needed. This is a niche problem and won't involve Diet Dr or Fung for sure. Not anti either of those they just don't work for me. Not yet at the stage of writing off LC.
great that all the snippy, snippy cutting has been done for now. Hope that the results are good. The waiting is the hardest part of any tests.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A disappointing 7.1 today after a supermarket curry and cauli rice. Live and learn. Its sunny here but chilly. Last night chilly needed to change into jeans and warm jumper to watch Strictly. Quick post today. Hope you all have a super Sunday. Good luck to @DJC3 with the muddy 5K and take care @Cumberland.
Stay well, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not at all. I hope the experience was a good one and that you will enjoy your new set of wheels as much as I always enjoyed mine. (BTW, what a hubby! Yay!) :)
The car is so different from the old one but I think I will really enjoy driving ir. Hubby is really lovely and I really appreciated that he acted as driving instructor yesterday - except when he tried to improve my 3 point turn on the car park which was beginning to look like a 20: point turn.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy the weather and time in the garden. With land prices so high can't you persuade Mrs MC gardens are for fruit, veg, grass and chickens?
That sounds like a whole lot of hard work for me, I am the labourer and tidy upper in our very full, twisting and turning multi level garden. At least as it is I get a chance to sit on the Patio whilst Mrs MC does the technical stuff.
Mind you if we can believe the scare mongers about food shortages come Brexit who knows!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The car is so different from the old one but I think I will really enjoy driving ir. Hubby is really lovely and I really appreciated that he acted as driving instructor yesterday - except when he tried to improve my 3 point turn on the car park which was beginning to look like a 20: point turn.

Come to London.. Morons doing 3, point turns on major roads.. Traffic backed up while they perform this most necessary manoeuvre...:rolleyes:

Me.. Most of time just going around the block.. is Much less hassle

Can't say that in 40 odd years of driving the 3 point turn OR the ubiquitous ," reversing around a corner" have been THAT useful on a daily or weekly basis.

Nice to learn but not essential for daily driving

And thing is we only really drive HALF the car
Our half is what we judge will go through a gap, so the other half will go through as well.

Good luck enjoying the new wheels.
Good idea to take it steady, but you know the confidence will come real soon :)

Enjoy your day @Krystyna23040 .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like a whole lot of hard work for me, I am the labourer and tidy upper in our very full, twisting and turning multi level garden. At least as it is I get a chance to sit on the Patio whilst Mrs MC does the technical stuff.
Mind you if we can believe the scare mongers about food shortages come Brexit who knows!
Each to their own. The view around here has always been using prime arable/fruit land for flowers - unless that is your business - is barking mad.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IMG_2188.JPG
This is where we performed in our Georgian Quire yesterday. A good steep walk to the top and enough air left in our lungs to entertain the multitudes, again and again and again..... well worth it for the 360 degree view of which this is a small section looking towards North Wales across the Cheshire Plain.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a 5.3 on the dice, I was expecting worse after succumbing to a generous slice of apple strudel with cream over ice cream yesterday.
Packing for another holiday today, a week in sunny Dorset (fingers crossed), we take my wife’s father and his third wife ( who is lovely and deserves sainthood) away, he lost a leg after an infection set in after knee replacement surgery and has heart problems.
Good luck with the run @DJC3 try not to peak to early.

Have a lovely Sunday all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Each to their own. The view around here has always been suing prime arable/fruit land for flowers - unless that is your business - is barking mad.
We quite agree, would love to grow veg and fruit. On first moving here we tried again and again but with little success, we are surrounded by tall ancient holly hedges, mighty Oaks and once upon a time Elm trees which have now been replaced with the dreaded Sycamore, so after many seasons trying we gave in and planted shade loving shrubs and plants all our flowers are in pots on the patio the only place the sun gets through. Should have moved years ago but now can't face it or even afford it. Really admire your courage to move hope it goes well.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, a 5.3 on the dice, I was expecting worse after succumbing to a generous slice of apple strudel with cream over ice cream yesterday.
Packing for another holiday today, a week in sunny Dorset (fingers crossed), we take my wife’s father and his third wife ( who is lovely and deserves sainthood) away, he lost a leg after an infection set in after knee replacement surgery and has heart problems.
Good luck with the run @DJC3 try not to peak to early.

Have a lovely Sunday all.
Have a great break. It sounds as though both MIL3? and FIL deserve all the good times they can get. Can't priase you enough for bringing some pleasure to them.

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
point turns on major roads.
Hoi d'you mind... I've done a three point turn on a major road when the traffic ahead is grid locked...it takes about 10 seconds...well that is apart from you 'chaps' who like to 'whirl' their steering wheels with one hand see if anyone is watching to demonstrate their driving prowesso_Oo_Oo_O