What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you need an degree in IT to work out how to select the stored albums and radio stations. What a fun morning!.
I can empathise Krystyna I gave up reading my cars manual/handbook...it was akin to one of my last essays on Plato's Cave...no on reflection I'd say Plato was the easier option...you'll get there...with me nowadays it's more trial & error.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me to I read all the info on them but far too expensive for me to self fund. I know others say they do not get sore fingers from getting blood to flow but mine constantly hurt even if I use a fresh lance each time, makes my guitar, Mandolin and banjo playing very uncomfortable Still needs must, although just as I think I know how different foods make my BG behave there still seems to be an awful lot of surprises.

All the best for your presentation.
I use the Accuchek Fastclix pen instead of individual lancets. You insert a cartridge of 6 “lancets” and can adjust the comfort pressure of the stab from 1-5. I reuse each “lancet many times so its not that pricey. Take a look might be a good option for a musician.. also try to stab on the sides of fingers rather than the pads! Best wishes.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, Firstly massive well done @DJC3 for completing the tough mudder and raising money for charity, my competition yesterday was a mixed bag, I managed to qualify for the European Championships next year and I also found out that I will be getting a invitation to the British Championships to defend my titles so all was not lost. Finished with a 140kg bench press (I failed this at the British in May) and a 205kg Deadlift (was marginally happy with it due to ongoing Hip Injury which means am essentially pulling from the floor one legged) so not upset, much to work on. Anyway the meter of doom must have taken pity on my age ravaged body and threw, gently, a 7.9 at me not bad after a day of interrupted insulin yesterday and not eating properly through the day of comp. And I managed to get 3kg under the weight limit too (122kg I compete in the 125kg class) so all in all not a bad day yesterday.

Take care everyone.

Congratulations! :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning. Up before the sun despite the KittenCat's letting me sleep in. I feel strangely good this morning.
Morning @SaskiaKC .
I'm still on cat patrol.
Update on weather in Croydon
Very dull.

And so is the weather..lol
IMG_20190909_113240~01.jpg

I was uptown the other day, and took a few shots I thought you might like
Old London.. with a hint of new..lol
IMG_20190906_104440~01.jpg
IMG_20190906_104456~01.jpg
EFFECTS~01.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Accuchek Fastclix pen instead of individual lancets. You insert a cartridge of 6 “lancets” and can adjust the comfort pressure of the stab from 1-5. I reuse each “lancet many times so its not that pricey. Take a look might be a good option for a musician.. also try to stab on the sides of fingers rather than the pads! Best wishes.
Thanks PM but that is the device I also use and I stab the sides, providing blood flows if not I resort to tips. I don't actually have pain when stabbing it can be hours later when trying to hold down the strings on my instruments, just like the nerves have become sensitive through all the stabbing.

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My day of creativity never happened. Mrs MC decided she was fed up of seeing me like a scarecrow in baggy clothes and so off we went to shop. She was right my waist has shrunk from a 38 to a 32 since April the problem is weight is still dropping and I really can't increase my protein any more, I am not that keen on lots of meat and fed up of fish, fish ,fish. :(
The only available place to have lunch was M&S which had absolutely nothing available that was not Heavily Carb based and had run out of soup so Mrs MC had a very appertising lunch whilst I drank a black coffee, non of which is helping my weight.
Still I have cooked an Aubergine bake with lots of Full fat Cottage Cheese and Yogurt for tea to cheer me up. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My day of creativity never happened. Mrs MC decided she was fed up of seeing me like a scarecrow in baggy clothes and so off we went to shop. She was right my waist has shrunk from a 38 to a 32 since April the problem is weight is still dropping and I really can't increase my protein any more, I am not that keen on lots of meat and fed up of fish, fish ,fish. :(
The only available place to have lunch was M&S which had absolutely nothing available that was not Heavily Carb based and had run out of soup so Mrs MC had a very appertising lunch whilst I drank a black coffee, non of which is helping my weight.
Still I have cooked an Aubergine bake with lots of Full fat Cottage Cheese and Yogurt for tea to cheer me up. :)
Hug for lack of food but big whoop of joy for weight loss and dropping that weight.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher there is so much in your amazing journey to be proud of besides the driving but that is certainly a success of which to be proud. Hope the implant is sorted and you have the amazing time with your daughter you deserve.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs

It was a very long morning, but it got sorted finally.

Thank you again. I am looking forward to tomorrow!