What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
t4019.gif
t4021.gif
t4016.gif
t4013.gif

t89105.gif
s0136.gif
s0144.gif
t31081.gif
t31109.gif

t1109.gif
t4602.gif
t1103.gif
h3411.gif
t19127.gif

h14047.gif
t4623.gif
t4624.gif

c0205.gif
c0212.gif

t4008.gif
Absolutely loved this!!! Laughing out loud.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Way to go Saskia! I know you will do it, you are made of tough stuff. Here is a photo of us at the end. I’m the one in the middle (being propped up!)
View attachment 35556
Fantastic, well done!

The muddy look is something I am very familiar with, Mrs MC won't let me in the house when I return like that I have to hose myself down when cleaning my bike. Good for the complexion though :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks very much @Debandez for the subtitles on what Dr Zoe said. That was interesting she was very much promoting low calories, I hadn’t realised it was to that extent.

I did read some posts on this thread that said what what she was emphasising a great deal (toeing the party line so to speak). As opposed to you who was LCHF, you gave me verbatim what you said.

Thanks, I have a full picture of this interview now.
Thanks for taking the time to find this.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...awake super early it's MOT day so off to the garage for 8am...will snooze when I get back...lazed about most of yesterday did the minimum necessary...woke to a 5.8

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, I am greeted with a 5.8, probably the two glasses of red wine to ease the pain after all the gardening yesterday.

Dull with lots of rain promised, such a contrast to yesterday and still far to dark to get out on my Mountain bike to try and beat it. So a day of oil painting and music making for me, unless Mrs MC gets other ideas.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic, well done!

The muddy look is something I am very familiar with, Mrs MC won't let me in the house when I return like that I have to hose myself down when cleaning my bike. Good for the complexion though :)

I am still feeling bits of grit in my mouth and ears. But now you come to mention it my skin does feel smooth!

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Nice to be back in the 5s - mud must be good for fbg.
Woken early today by the pouring rain, so glad it wasn’t like this yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...awake super early it's MOT day so off to the garage for 8am...will snooze when I get back...lazed about most of yesterday did the minimum necessary...woke to a 5.8

Hope you’ve taken a travel mug of coffee with you. Fingers crossed that your car sails through with no problems - it’s almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the results of a blood test.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 great image of some tired but elated ladies with one very tough and inspirational cookie front and centre. @Muddy Cyclist enjoy your day being creative. We have some very creative members on here - a side I could never love or develop but I do appreciate it in others. There is some evidence that I may have been 5.3 this morning but who really knows? Definitely a slight familial rebel alliance making mutterings around the impact of LC on my wellness of late. Hard to rebut since from Easter every one of the side effects I know about have dominated. Bit like Macbeth, I am in blood/Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more,/Returning were as tedious as go o'er style of thing. 4.30 waking lately isn't helping my case - may just need to have a tin ear when Julie asks. Charles Fuge Lowder to remember today.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great pic @DJC3 ,looks like you had a memorable time.

5.3 on the dice today, off to pick up the WAV and set off to Poole for a week of fun in the sun maybe.

Reactions: DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you’ve taken a travel mug of coffee with you. Fingers crossed that your car sails through with no problems - it’s almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the results of a blood test.
It is nerve racking DJC...the garage has coffee on tap so I expect I'll be digging deep into their reserves of the 'precious liquid' while I'm waiting.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Starting the week with a 5.7

Today will be a real-world rendition of Much Ado About Nothing as I listen to the shenanigans of patrons whilst dining in the café. I'm sure it will be the highlight of the day as the only other thing going on is a delivery of new bed linen, my life is such an indulgence of the senses that I am fairly beside myself with joy :)

(can't find the sarcasm emoji)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Wow @DJC3 you are amazing. To be able to do such a physical thing with all that slimy mud (equal challenges imo) is to be applauded. Congrats to you and your girls. @SaskiaKC thanks for the International Cats Day poster might give mine a treat today to mark it! @ianpspurs sorry you are still struggling and early rising. Hope things get better for you.
I had a 5.2 this morning. Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit like Macbeth, I am in blood/Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more,/Returning were as tedious as go o'er style of thing.
If my memory serves me well wasn't this speech given at a banquet? A more than appropriate quote to explain your challenges, I sympathies with your dilemma and admire your tenacity, hope you eventually find a path through this.
LC certainly comes with it's challenges.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@trick60 good reading to start the week and, having googled WAV, once again fantastic thing you are doing. Hope the British weather doesn't sabotage things. (too much?)@PenguinMum you slipped that great reading in very subtly - well done young lady. @HarrisonK enjoy your time at the cafe and new bed linen. @Muddy Cyclist thanks for the tag. I'm not sure my challenges are unusual. Maybe I am less starry eyed about this WOE than some but if it is to be for life the very rough edges need knocking off pronto or at least give better results as a trade off.

Last edited: