What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In a rush
Fbg 7.6
Cochlear Processor not working. So no sound. Bliss!!! Except my daughter from Oz is coming tomorrow and I would like sound to aid my lip reading !!!!

I used to get told deaf people cannot drive a car. I passed my test at 17 despite being profoundly deaf. Passed first time which I am still proud of :)

My driving record is blemish free (not going to say the other word). I am far safer than a hearing person. I don’t listen to the car radio etc. I use my eyes 100% for all alerts and lights and people and animals....

Got a 50+ mile round trip for hospital appointment to get that sorted.

So watch out for batty cantankerous old lady...
upload_2019-9-9_7-55-7.gif

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I’m up and had my shower this morning, but by the looks of the weather I’m gonna be getting wet all day I think. To the station to catch my train, from the train station to my volunteering, again in reverse, then out and back tonight to the community centre for beading. I could really go for snuggling back under my duvet and sleeping through the rain.

Ps, no beading pictures today as the darn bracelet has not got any further. I make it then have to take it apart and make it again. I swear this ‘easy’ item is killing me. It should have taken a couple of hours, I’ve spent at least 12 on it so far and still not done.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I’m up and had my shower this morning, but by the looks of the weather I’m gonna be getting wet all day I think. To the station to catch my train, from the train station to my volunteering, again in reverse, then out and back tonight to the community centre for beading. I could really go for snuggling back under my duvet and sleeping through the rain.

Ps, no beading pictures today as the darn bracelet has not got any further. I make it then have to take it apart and make it again. I swear this ‘easy’ item is killing me. It should have taken a couple of hours, I’ve spent at least 12 on it so far and still not done.
Have to admire your tenacity with the beading and your caring side shown by volunteering. Great example and great bg this morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In a rush
Fbg 7.6
Cochlear Processor not working. So no sound. Bliss!!! Except my daughter from Oz is coming tomorrow and I would like sound to aid my lip reading !!!!

I used to get told deaf people cannot drive a car. I passed my test at 17 despite being profoundly deaf. Passed first time which I am still proud of :)

My driving record is blemish free (not going to say the other word). I am far safer than a hearing person. I don’t listen to the car radio etc. I use my eyes 100% for all alerts and lights and people and animals....

Got a 50+ mile round trip for hospital appointment to get that sorted.

So watch out for batty cantankerous old lady...
View attachment 35567
@gennepher there is so much in your amazing journey to be proud of besides the driving but that is certainly a success of which to be proud. Hope the implant is sorted and you have the amazing time with your daughter you deserve.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, Firstly massive well done @DJC3 for completing the tough mudder and raising money for charity, my competition yesterday was a mixed bag, I managed to qualify for the European Championships next year and I also found out that I will be getting a invitation to the British Championships to defend my titles so all was not lost. Finished with a 140kg bench press (I failed this at the British in May) and a 205kg Deadlift (was marginally happy with it due to ongoing Hip Injury which means am essentially pulling from the floor one legged) so not upset, much to work on. Anyway the meter of doom must have taken pity on my age ravaged body and threw, gently, a 7.9 at me not bad after a day of interrupted insulin yesterday and not eating properly through the day of comp. And I managed to get 3kg under the weight limit too (122kg I compete in the 125kg class) so all in all not a bad day yesterday.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

rain here this morning but fortunately it's not too heavy at the moment ;) We need to go out to do the shopping which we didn't go and do on Saturday because mr gee has a cold and a sore throat.

also fortunately we did manage to get a little bit of grass cut at mum's yesterday even though most of it was too wet.

Good stuff @johnpol :happy:
@DJC3 bravely done :singing:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, Firstly massive well done @DJC3 for completing the tough mudder and raising money for charity, my competition yesterday was a mixed bag, I managed to qualify for the European Championships next year and I also found out that I will be getting a invitation to the British Championships to defend my titles so all was not lost. Finished with a 140kg bench press (I failed this at the British in May) and a 205kg Deadlift (was marginally happy with it due to ongoing Hip Injury which means am essentially pulling from the floor one legged) so not upset, much to work on. Anyway the meter of doom must have taken pity on my age ravaged body and threw, gently, a 7.9 at me not bad after a day of interrupted insulin yesterday and not eating properly through the day of comp. And I managed to get 3kg under the weight limit too (122kg I compete in the 125kg class) so all in all not a bad day yesterday.

Take care everyone.
There just seems to be a torrent of inspirational posts today. Huge congratulations on the success yesterday and the prospect of British and European competition to come. Typical understatement with all in all not a bad day - what the heck would a good day look like?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Take care everyone.

Just wow! @johnpol that is brilliant.
Thanks for your good wishes - the Muddy Race for Life isn’t quite so gruelling as Tough Mudder (it’s for all abilities thank goodness)- maybe next year?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to add..
@gennepher sorry the technology let you down AGAIN so hope you get it sorted pronto..good luck and hugs. @johnpol congratulations to you for your amazing achievements...superstar! @Bubbsie hope the car goes through without any drama and you have enough coffee! @Fndwheelie great fbg...crafting is all about patience and skill and you have both in abundance...have a great day! @HarrisonK enjoy the gossip at the cafe and the shopping.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising 5.0 this morning. Had a lovely day wandering around the grounds of Blickling Hall then a nice cup of coffee. Unfortunately not one low carb item in the cafe and I was really hungry after all that walking. Luckily I had a little bar of Aldi 85% in my rucksack.

@jjraak - husband was trying to teach me an easier way to get into a parking bay but I got into a muddle with the reverse gear as it is in the opposite side of the gear box to my other car.

This morning he managed to change the language to Danish. Thank goodness it's back to English. I think you need an degree in IT to work out how to select the stored albums and radio stations. What a fun morning!.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Wow @DJC3 you are amazing. To be able to do such a physical thing with all that slimy mud (equal challenges imo) is to be applauded. Congrats to you and your girls. @SaskiaKC thanks for the International Cats Day poster might give mine a treat today to mark it! @ianpspurs sorry you are still struggling and early rising. Hope things get better for you.
I had a 5.2 this morning. Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Thanks PM.
Great FBG this morning btw

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 great image of some tired but elated ladies with one very tough and inspirational cookie front and centre. @Muddy Cyclist enjoy your day being creative. We have some very creative members on here - a side I could never love or develop but I do appreciate it in others. There is some evidence that I may have been 5.3 this morning but who really knows? Definitely a slight familial rebel alliance making mutterings around the impact of LC on my wellness of late. Hard to rebut since from Easter every one of the side effects I know about have dominated. Bit like Macbeth, I am in blood/Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more,/Returning were as tedious as go o'er style of thing. 4.30 waking lately isn't helping my case - may just need to have a tin ear when Julie asks. Charles Fuge Lowder to remember today.

Thanks Ian
I hesitate to say Good fbg to you, but I’ll say it anyway! Sorry the early waking has started again.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There just seems to be a torrent of inspirational posts today. Huge congratulations on the success yesterday and the prospect of British and European competition to come. Typical understatement with all in all not a bad day - what the heck would a good day look like?
Maybe a heavier deadlift? I actually enjoyed it and displayed a rare bit of emotion after the bench!! And someone caught it on video (still don't like being videoed) the person who compares it had a field day with me!! all in all still not a bad day.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just wow! @johnpol that is brilliant.
Thanks for your good wishes - the Muddy Race for Life isn’t quite so gruelling as Tough Mudder (it’s for all abilities thank goodness)- maybe next year?
Go for it!! Always need something to aim for(I'm aiming to do British, European and World Championships next year, injuries allowing) So I say Go for the Tough Mudder, unless there's another one that takes your fancy. Again well done on completing the challenge set for you by your daughter.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today compliments of my libre sensor (£48 !!!). Using one for 2 weeks as I have my clinic Wednesday at my surgery so.can show pts and a 10 minute presentation next week where I'm hoping to slip in about testing being so important. It's to about 100 ccg/ppg members so a great opportunity!

Ps my bg monitor gave me a 5.8. Not been happy with codefree for ages and using dodgy strips but I was kinda happy with a rough idea. Wish I could afford libre all the time. Really is amazing. Going to enjoy studying all the data after 14 days.

Dashing today as so much to do.

Happy Monday folks.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wish I could afford libre all the time. Really is amazing. Going to enjoy studying all the data after 14 days.
Me to I read all the info on them but far too expensive for me to self fund. I know others say they do not get sore fingers from getting blood to flow but mine constantly hurt even if I use a fresh lance each time, makes my guitar, Mandolin and banjo playing very uncomfortable Still needs must, although just as I think I know how different foods make my BG behave there still seems to be an awful lot of surprises.

All the best for your presentation.

Reactions: SaskiaKC