What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist I hope your headache is gone by now
All good now thank you.

And tonight there's a program on the history of country music, that's adding to your encouragement! :)

What was the handy pony course like? We had handy hunter (pony and horse) here when I was a kid so I'm curious what your granddaughter is riding.
Course is always interesting, plastic sheets to walk over, stuffed dummies to carry and step over, balloons to move around, umbrella opened close to pony and wooden bridge to walk across. They ride two coloured ponies.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hedge cutting, grass cutting and general gardening (you would think that being a gardener/tree surgeon for the best part of 30yrs I would like it, No hate it with a passion)
Hugs for the cannula issues john...unlike you I am not a tree surgeon/gardener but I hate hedge cutting...my cousin & her husband are coming over to help me cut the monster hedge in my garden...it must be almost 7/8 foot high and growing wider every day...it's a great divide & screen between the gardens however it is such hard work when it need attention.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hugs for the cannula issues john...unlike you I am not a tree surgeon/gardener but I hate hedge cutting...my cousin & her husband are coming over to help me cut the monster hedge in my garden...it must be almost 7/8 foot high and growing wider every day...it's a great divide & screen between the gardens however it is such hard work when it need attention.
even though I do it for a living (I fly a desk now though) hate cutting hedges, mine are a 10ft tall conifer at the rear of the house and a copper beech hedge at the front, love seeing the birds in it, just hate cutting it. Hope your Hedge isn't too troublesome when you cut it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola de Espana. 5.2 today after another fish dinner, whole sole this time and lots of Ribera del Duero and one Irish coffee. Off up the mountains to Ronda today. Hugs to those who need them and best wishes to All.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hola de Espana. 5.2 today after another fish dinner, whole sole this time and lots of Ribera del Duero and one Irish coffee. Off up the mountains to Ronda today. Hugs to those who need them and best wishes to All.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Spain is agreeing with you PM...perhaps you may need to extend your holiday:D:D:D.

Reactions: gennepher

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Libre gave me 3.2 this morning @ 3:30am, 4 hours of hypo, and I don’t seem to be out of the woods yet. Corrected to 7.8 by 4:30 and back into the red by 8am. I really don’t understand, I ate my normal yesterday, wasn’t short on shakes, had an extra one in the night and still hypo this morning. Usually I have my last shake at 9-10pm and my breakfast at 10-11am. Really don’t know what’s changed and phoned the doctors this morning I’ve got an appointment with the diabetic nurse this afternoon.
Yesterday I made my Nan’s birthday card, I hope it’s large enough print for her to read it.

0EF6FEDA-9114-4A6D-AB02-980556BF6C66.jpeg A01841DA-00F5-473D-8FED-42D714ADB3AB.jpeg C1B90BDE-B11D-48AF-88B9-A1E324711E9D.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning - late though it may be.
A wonderful weekend of dancing the Bossa Nova, in the dark, whilst practicing some Saxon words in the style and accent of Vercingetorix when he realised that changing his winning tactics to siting in a fortified hill fort was not such a good idea.

Anyhow, the mystery wheel of pain killers drooled out a 4.2 from deep within it’s opioid infested workings this morning.

A very long walk - and a bit more dosing up on horse linement might just do the trick.

Have a wonderful day if you can - sun is out here today - still opportunities for sunbathing and balltrap on the Cote Sauvage.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
john I'm having to bribe them ( cousin & her husband) with bacon sandwiches & a Terry's chocolate orange it's a nightmare...I want it cut right back.
If I had known about the bacon sarnies!!! If it is going to be cut back then you take it a little further than you want it, it allows it to regrow back to where you want it then just trim it to that afterwards (when it regrows that is) same goes if you are reducing the height. Be prepared for it looking terrible for a good few months until it all grows back in. I want to PTGL my hedge in the back as I hate it. PGTL means Prune To Ground Level if anyone was wondering. Good luck with the Taming of the Hedge.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A wonderful weekend of dancing the Bossa Nova, in the dark, whilst practicing some Saxon words in the style and accent of Vercingetorix when he realised that changing his winning tactics to siting in a fortified hill fort was not such a good idea.

Anyhow, the mystery wheel of pain killers drooled out a 4.2 from deep within it’s opioid infested workings this morning.

A very long walk - and a bit more dosing up on horse linement might just do the trick.

Have a wonderful day if you can - sun is out here today - still opportunities for sunbathing and balltrap on the Cote Sauvage.
Hope the painkillers work and are short lived. Nice fbg sir.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And now your post magically appears where it was not before.
Ah, the wonders of Computerland (or is it Cote Computer?)