1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Hug for the control problems over the weekend. Winner for the positive attitude and love the sound of your weekend. Take care and hope the cannula issue is solved speedily.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OldButBold

OldButBold Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.2 this damp morning, off for my ramble shortly and maybe breakfast at the cafe. A new week is upon us so sally forth and enjoy the day :)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

From my experience of Shetlands these are aptly named.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Muddy Cyclist

All good now thank you.

Course is always interesting, plastic sheets to walk over, stuffed dummies to carry and step over, balloons to move around, umbrella opened close to pony and wooden bridge to walk across. They ride two coloured ponies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ianpspurs

Enjoy the walk. Sounds as though the chest problem has abated - I hope so anyhow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. OldButBold

Today will be a good measure of that, it doesn't feel like an infection has taken hold. We'll see.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Muddy Cyclist

My old mom would have said, "Wrap up warm against the damp, rub in the Vic" :)
    Enjoy your walk, I hope you breath free and easily and with no signs of infections.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  8. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hugs for the cannula issues john...unlike you I am not a tree surgeon/gardener but I hate hedge cutting...my cousin & her husband are coming over to help me cut the monster hedge in my garden...it must be almost 7/8 foot high and growing wider every day...it's a great divide & screen between the gardens however it is such hard work when it need attention.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  9. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

even though I do it for a living (I fly a desk now though) hate cutting hedges, mine are a 10ft tall conifer at the rear of the house and a copper beech hedge at the front, love seeing the birds in it, just hate cutting it. Hope your Hedge isn't too troublesome when you cut it.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hola de Espana. 5.2 today after another fish dinner, whole sole this time and lots of Ribera del Duero and one Irish coffee. Off up the mountains to Ronda today. Hugs to those who need them and best wishes to All.
    Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. HarryBeau

john I'm having to bribe them ( cousin & her husband) with bacon sandwiches & a Terry's chocolate orange it's a nightmare...I want it cut right back.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. HarryBeau

Spain is agreeing with you PM...perhaps you may need to extend your holiday:D:D:D.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Fndwheelie

Fndwheelie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Libre gave me 3.2 this morning @ 3:30am, 4 hours of hypo, and I don’t seem to be out of the woods yet. Corrected to 7.8 by 4:30 and back into the red by 8am. I really don’t understand, I ate my normal yesterday, wasn’t short on shakes, had an extra one in the night and still hypo this morning. Usually I have my last shake at 9-10pm and my breakfast at 10-11am. Really don’t know what’s changed and phoned the doctors this morning I’ve got an appointment with the diabetic nurse this afternoon.
    Yesterday I made my Nan’s birthday card, I hope it’s large enough print for her to read it.

0EF6FEDA-9114-4A6D-AB02-980556BF6C66.jpeg A01841DA-00F5-473D-8FED-42D714ADB3AB.jpeg C1B90BDE-B11D-48AF-88B9-A1E324711E9D.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  14. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning - late though it may be.
    A wonderful weekend of dancing the Bossa Nova, in the dark, whilst practicing some Saxon words in the style and accent of Vercingetorix when he realised that changing his winning tactics to siting in a fortified hill fort was not such a good idea.

Anyhow, the mystery wheel of pain killers drooled out a 4.2 from deep within it’s opioid infested workings this morning.

A very long walk - and a bit more dosing up on horse linement might just do the trick.

Have a wonderful day if you can - sun is out here today - still opportunities for sunbathing and balltrap on the Cote Sauvage.

• Like Like x 7
    • Hug Hug x 3
  15. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If I had known about the bacon sarnies!!! If it is going to be cut back then you take it a little further than you want it, it allows it to regrow back to where you want it then just trim it to that afterwards (when it regrows that is) same goes if you are reducing the height. Be prepared for it looking terrible for a good few months until it all grows back in. I want to PTGL my hedge in the back as I hate it. PGTL means Prune To Ground Level if anyone was wondering. Good luck with the Taming of the Hedge.

• Informative Informative x 8
  16. ianpspurs

Hope the painkillers work and are short lived. Nice fbg sir.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  17. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.7 this Blue Monday morning, with the Harvest Moon outside my window.

20190916_075534.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Am I the only one missing some posts? I wouldn't have seen @dunelm 's post had @ianpspurs not copied it. Weird ...

@dunelm I hope the horse linament and other painkillers work. :)

@Muddy Cyclist I'm glad your head is better. The handy pony class sounds similar to a "trail class" -- fun to watch, fun to ride!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. OldButBold

The walk went well, little breathless on the hills but that is normal for me, so all is well :)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  20. ianpspurs

Love old Harvey Smoon:angelic: - you just made me find shine on harvest moon on youtube! Spiffing picture young'un

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    #9180 ianpspurs, Sep 16, 2019 at 2:13 PM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook