What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The next time I find myself on a mission with James Bond I hope we will be stowing away in y'all's trailer with the ponies!

I hope y'all are having a wonderful time at the show.
g61144.gif
Thank you @SaskiaKC a good show, one of my Granddaughters had a First in junior jumping the other a third, First in Gymkhanas and a third and a first in handy pony and a second.

Late afternoon was Quire and band rehearsals followed by a recorder quartet rehearsal, only just got in and after a nice venison meal my BG was 6.1, I await to see what a short fast tonight will deliver by morning.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @SaskiaKC a good show, one of my Granddaughters had a First in junior jumping the other a third, First in Gymkhanas and a third and a first in handy pony and a second.

Late afternoon was Quire and band rehearsals followed by a recorder quartet rehearsal, only just got in and after a nice venison meal my BG was 6.1, I await to see what a short fast tonight will deliver by morning.

Wow, a great day at the show! Congratulations to everyone! :)

I really must get Fritz the guitar out of his case and start playing again ... or the recorders off the shelf ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You really must, great therapy even with sore fingers. :)

And tonight there's a program on the history of country music, that's adding to your encouragement! :)

What was the handy pony course like? We had handy hunter (pony and horse) here when I was a kid so I'm curious what your granddaughter is riding.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wide awake at 4am no point in going back to bed lots to do...anti-coagulant clinic at 10:00 wonder if I should rearrange it...Frankie is arriving today around 11:30 lots of time slots today...coffee & a shower needed...woke to a 6.6

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a damp, dull fenland. @Muddy Cyclist sorry to hear about the headache and impact on cycling but the art, granddaughters' success and music yesterday sound like chicken soup for the soul. My fbg was 5.7 today. Realistically, too high to be protective - far from the shallow end. There are mitigating circumstances but T2 doesn't care about those. On the plus side I am working on solutions in a warm, dry home with plenty of food, drink and a loving wife and family. Not a balanced equation but important to be aware of the important things in life.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie I hope you and Frankie have a lovely day together. I would offer to invite Churchill to stay here for the duration but the KittenCat might have something to say about that. Such as "No-eow!" ^. .^

t0493.png
I don't know if Frankie is a Blenheim -- this is all I could find. :)

@Muddy Cyclist I hope your headache is gone by now.
t4621.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Am being chauffeured in to work this morning so we will take the dogs with us for a walk in Norwich and then they will meet and greet the class members which they love. Labradors are so good at meet and greet.

We enjoyed our visit to Redwings Horse Sanctuary and have adopted a lovely Appaloosa horse called Cookie. When the grandchildren come up in October we will do the same for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the choose to adopt a lovely little group of Shetland ponies called the Gangsters.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from a damp, dull fenland. @Muddy Cyclist sorry to hear about the headache and impact on cycling but the art, granddaughters' success and music yesterday sound like chicken soup for the soul. My fbg was 5.7 today. Realistically, too high to be protective - far from the shallow end. There are mitigating circumstances but T2 doesn't care about those. On the plus side I am working on solutions in a warm, dry home with plenty of food, drink and a loving wife and family. Not a balanced equation but important to be aware of the important things in life.

t2774.gif

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know if Frankie is a Blenheim -- this is all I could find.
Thanks Saskia...Frankie is a King Charles Cavalier spaniel & is staying until Friday...Churchill is reasonably philosophical about dogs...he ignored 'Plumpy' when he was here much of the time & did his own thing...I will post some photos if I can get Frankie to sit still long enough...he's quite an energetic little fellow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke at 5 am to a fbg of 6.5

After my higher one of 8.5 yesterday morning because I had eaten some of my daughter’s left over fruit etc the day before when she left (I hate wasting food!), I was very good yesterday sticking to everything I knew was best for my blood sugars, and under 20 carbs, and a certain amount of protein and a certain amount of fat (all this has been worked out before).

And my blood sugars dropped quickly in the day down from 8.5 to 7’s then 6’s.

Because I did this immediately the day after I had ‘sinned’ (not really a good term because we all need to eat and try out foods), the sugar levels dropped easily. However, if I had continued for two more days eating those foods my daughter left, and that food in itself was not really bad, but it was bad for me, then it would have taken me up to 5 days or longer to get my blood sugar readings lower.

So, it appears, I can probably ‘sin’ for one day, and as long as I am eating ‘good’ the next day, then my system more easily adjusts itself back to safer blood sugar readings.

But I would sooner not do this. I want my eyes, kidneys, and feet etc. However, it does give me that little leeway to experiment with different foods, and if the blood sugar readings are not agreeable, then it is possible I can get back to my 7’s and 6’s at least.

I think this might be my lowest 6 reading ever, so a hoppy skippy jump dance for celebration!

I did log everything as and when I ate it during the day, and I know I sometimes think, oh this is a nuisance and a bind and I cannot be bothered. But to be honest, it is no trouble at all. I just have to mentally appreciate that this is a relatively easy and effortless way of controlling/regulating/keeping an eye on my blood sugars. So after breakfast which is basically an all protein meal (that appears to work best for me), I enter the figures and then check what I can have for my lunch and it still fits in the carbs, proteins, and fats I have allowed for myself. I allow myself a mid morning treat which will include dark chocolate (!) and a dark chocolate covered Brazil nut. Then enter those figures, which can take a chunk out of my carbs, Then choose possible ideas for lunch and defrost from freezer if needed.

Then, after lunch, I am seeing what I have left of my allocated daily allowance, and yesterday I noted I could have some cottage cheese and chopped up bell peppers if I wanted mid afternoon. I was doing some research and comparisons online of something that was doing my head in, and I appreciate nibbling some food to help me concentrate. And I did do that, so yesterday I ate in a 6 hour window. So I have lengthened my window of eating a little at that moment.

That is where I am at the moment with this food lark. We shall see over the next few days where it leads. But I do have a meal out with friends on Wednesday and Thursday...

Happy Monday
Take care
>^..^<

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all I have had a weekend full of ………………..Hedge cutting, grass cutting and general gardening (you would think that being a gardener/tree surgeon for the best part of 30yrs I would like it, No hate it with a passion) oh and fighting high sugars all weekend, I suspect I have found the culprit my cannulas have been sealing themselves off after a few hours I have averaged 27 all weekend, I have gone back to old style ones now until I speak to Medtronic. So no fighting with doomy this weekend as it has been glued to my hand, literally, all weekend. I won't even begin to tell you about the amount of insulin I've had to take to get some semblance of under 20. Anyway enough of my woes, I hope everyone had a good weekend and you achieved everything that you wanted.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

yesterday's dinner was tasty and we did take the little dog for a short walk, she didn't seem keen to go much further but when I thought about it afterwards she might have been feeling the cold :sorry: there was a strong chilly breeze blowing and mum had her woodburner lit in the lounge so it was very warm in the house She's not daft that dog! :hilarious:

mr gee has an appt. with the doctor booked for an MOT this morning then we may go look at new flooring for the bathroom whilst we're out ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all I have had a weekend full of ………………..Hedge cutting, grass cutting and general gardening (you would think that being a gardener/tree surgeon for the best part of 30yrs I would like it, No hate it with a passion) oh and fighting high sugars all weekend, I suspect I have found the culprit my cannulas have been sealing themselves off after a few hours I have averaged 27 all weekend, I have gone back to old style ones now until I speak to Medtronic. So no fighting with doomy this weekend as it has been glued to my hand, literally, all weekend. I won't even begin to tell you about the amount of insulin I've had to take to get some semblance of under 20. Anyway enough of my woes, I hope everyone had a good weekend and you achieved everything that you wanted.

Take care everyone.
Hug for the control problems over the weekend. Winner for the positive attitude and love the sound of your weekend. Take care and hope the cannula issue is solved speedily.

Reactions: jjraak and johnpol