What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing 6.8 because I was so good ( for me ) re carbs only had a total of 60 so maybe its because I have got a little bit of a cold.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For no other reason than my liver said hello to me today managed to get 6.6 on the meter. Guess wont be having breakfast today. Cheers everyone have a great day.
I tried the no breakfast, and went from 8.1 to 8.5.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you on any meds Ryan :)
Hello, @Angengray . Who were you asking this? ^^^^?

Edit to be a bit more grammatically correct I ought to have said, “ To whom are you addressing this query?”
At least I think that is what I meant. Just concerned that Angengray should get a response.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the no breakfast, and went from 8.1 to 8.5.
I feel for you, I really do, must be so frustrating.

Actually decided to have scrambled eggs for breakfast, as we were going out and wasn't sure when we would get back. Arrived home a little after two, tested 4.7! They say life is a mystery.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had chicken kabab ( without the pitta) with salad and garlic mayo from the chippy yesterday, although it didn't spike me I'm seeing higher levels today
Would make me wonder what was in the chicken?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel for you, I really do, must be so frustrating.

Actually decided to have scrambled eggs for breakfast, as we were going out and wasn't sure when we would get back. Arrived home a little after two, tested 4.7! They say life is a mystery.
It is puzzling and annoying. I’m keeping to 50-60g carbs a day, in an 8 hour window. What I have been noticing is that there is a BG rise around 6am, which keeps on until midday. Then after I eat start seeing low 6s or 5s. Would shift the 8 hour window to an earlier time, but can’t fit main meal in before 6:30 pm.
Also, more exercise I do, the longer the spike. Must be lingering glucose somewhere in my system, but I am not putting much in, and what I do is mainly vegetables. No refined carbs, or anything starchy.
Encouragingly mysugr app is predicting HbA1c of 40. Less fun, my fingers are sore with all the testing.