What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Feeling like death warmed up (only slightly though) temp 35.6. In pain everywhere even my legs (which I haven’t felt in 8 years) so deductions made that it’s all in my head. Trying to work out if this is a neuro flare up, coming down with something viral, or the chiropractor beat me up good yesterday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am hallucinating, must be the meds, or lack of them. Is the sky really blue? Is the sun really making such an effort? If I get back in my box and close the lid, will my quantum world be both bright and sunny and a dark deluge at the same time?

The wonder wheel of my quantum quandary displayed a possible 4.1 this am but it was only one of an infinite number of possibilities .... stop it, you will frighten the neighbours again.

All this talk of bicycle brakes has led me to investigate ours. My American built Electra Townie (a cruiser to cater for my damaged lower back - not electric despite it’s name) has a left back break lever and a right front break lever. Mrs Miggins bought her Batavus Ventoux in Roermond, which is in The Netherlands and has the opposite; left for front and right for back. My motorcycle has right foot for back and left hand for front. I don’t own a horse but my mother had a couple of heavy horses to pull her plough when we had a farm in Wales. Brakes were optional when my brother and I rode them without halters or saddles but unlike a race horse, they didn’t go very fast - just through stuff.

Have a wonderful day, whatever world you inhabit. Mrs Thrush is bouncing about in the garden looking for food so better try and chuck her some. Then Koffy.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...feel absolutely wrecked today likely to go back to bed...went to Leicester for 2pm finished there just before 3pm then set off for London Tout suite...arrived 6pm at Charing Cross left there at 01:30... home by 03:30...sipping my coffee and pondering on yesterdays events...busy busy busy...I haven't tested yet will do that later...more coffee & some relaxation needed.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday got really stressed at work because heavy rain forecast. It didn't - so all that worry for nothing. Then on my way home I got to the A47 and found my way blocked so I had to divert along roads I hate driving along in the dark. So super stressed.

Stress always gives me high fbs - so imagine my surprise this morning when fbs was 4.5. How did that happen. T2D can be a real puzzle sometimes.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Feeling like death warmed up (only slightly though) temp 35.6. In pain everywhere even my legs (which I haven’t felt in 8 years) so deductions made that it’s all in my head. Trying to work out if this is a neuro flare up, coming down with something viral, or the chiropractor beat me up good yesterday.
hope you feel a lot better very soon. It does sound as though maybe it is the chiropractor beating you up good yesterday. Hopefully you are not coming down with anything viral.

Reactions: Fndwheelie

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The strange thing for me is since dx (same date as you) I have had normal A1cs but yet I am about to start my second course of eye injections due to Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion which has reduced my sight in one eye significantly. That might be because I had high BG for many years before dx and the damage was already done or maybe I am just unlucky.
I
I think you might be right - that the damage was already done from many years of high BGs. I have the same issue with macular oedema.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello from the dark-before-dawn. 6.6 FBG for me this morning which is fairly normal for me.

@PenguinMum and @Fndwheelie I am sorry to hear y'all are under the weather. Hugs to you both and hopes that you will feel better soon. @HarryBeau I hope you are getting some rest.

@Muddy Cyclist I hope you had a good ride.

@dunelm I was interested to read about your and Mrs Miggins' bikes' brakes. I remember that in my college days my motorcycle-riding friends talking about their bikes' brakes and gears -- the Japanese-made ones were all alike but the British ones -- Triumph and Norton -- had the gears and one of the brakes on opposite sides from the Hondas, Suzukis, and Yamahas. Only one guy had a Harley -- I have no idea where its brakes and gears were, or those of the one BMW (which did have a cool sideways cylinder, IIRC). It was long ago and I don't know what bikes have now -- I hear some have automatic transmissions which to me sounds boring.

If I ever do move to the mountains I want something like this for shopping--

1_5bb6facb-e23c-4649-b269-31acec5a8aa6_1024x1024@2x.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you are getting some rest.
Thanks Saskia I had a few hours sleep likely to be back in London sometime today or this evening...and the bonus is driving home that late the A1(M) was quiet so foot down on the way home.:)

Reactions: geefull

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all

Saturday 4.9, Sunday 4.4, Monday 4.8 and 4.5 today

Shows how stress affects bg I suppose. I've not posted for a few days which have been quite difficult for us. Mum's little dog seemed to be responding really well to her heart medication but then suddenly stopped eating at the end of last week and blood tests discovered underlying kidney failure. Our little doggie went to sleep yesterday morning :(

How glad I am I found this forum and our group here after my own diagnosis.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs insightful post to @Debandez but I think measuring FBG causing anxiety sometimes is a good thing. For me anyway! Every day a day of reckoning!
For me it helps to keep myself in check because I don't feel ill or anything when I have lots of carbs so without testing I am tempted do an impression of an ostrich :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all

Shows how stress affects bg I suppose. I've not posted for a few days which have been quite difficult for us. Mum's little dog seemed to be responding really well to her heart medication but then suddenly stopped eating at the end of last week and blood tests discovered underlying kidney failure. Our little doggie went to sleep yesterday morning :(

I am so sorry about poor little Suzie. Hugs to you and to your Mum.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all

So sad geeful, hugs for your loss

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello from the dark-before-dawn. 6.6 FBG for me this morning which is fairly normal for me.

@PenguinMum and @Fndwheelie I am sorry to hear y'all are under the weather. Hugs to you both and hopes that you will feel better soon. @HarryBeau I hope you are getting some rest.

@Muddy Cyclist I hope you had a good ride.

@dunelm I was interested to read about your and Mrs Miggins' bikes' brakes. I remember that in my college days my motorcycle-riding friends talking about their bikes' brakes and gears -- the Japanese-made ones were all alike but the British ones -- Triumph and Norton -- had the gears and one of the brakes on opposite sides from the Hondas, Suzukis, and Yamahas. Only one guy had a Harley -- I have no idea where its brakes and gears were, or those of the one BMW (which did have a cool sideways cylinder, IIRC). It was long ago and I don't know what bikes have now -- I hear some have automatic transmissions which to me sounds boring.

If I ever do move to the mountains I want something like this for shopping--

1_5bb6facb-e23c-4649-b269-31acec5a8aa6_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Great! E bikes (electric bikes) are very much in fashion here in the UK, even young fit guys are getting them, means they can cover a bigger distance when out Mountain Biking, but the prices £7k+ for one that's up to the tough trails. I am sticking to human pedal power for now, I have two Mountain Bikes one full suspension which I use on harder rock trails in Scotland and Wales and a Hardtail which only as front suspension for those longer days/weekends exploring the hills.
Yes, a great muddy ride today thank you. The rest of the day I cleaned all the inside and outside of my conservatory, what a job, and now it's rained and there was dust in it so all a waste of time, bhaaa!
My BG after all that was 6 you think there would be some reward for all that exertion :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that blood glucose is somewhat like a blood horse -- contrary at worst, unpredictable at best ... is there any comfort in knowing we are all Thoroughbreds?
Thourghbreds! I rode a thourghbred Chestnut Mare, she was lovely around the family but to ride somewhat exciting, unpredictable, wild and strong willed, so yes that's probably the problem and a bit like our BG readings.