What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just sweat so much with hats - sometimes go through about 4 in a day.
That's why I mainly go for good quality buffs, also wear them under hats when needed, they can be washed have UPV protection and you get to look like a pirate :jimlad:

Edit: UPV????? Should have been UPF

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Early rise again have a head cold but no runny nose or sneezing. At 05.00 was 7.0. Checked at 07.00 and was 6.7. Not wasting any more strips.
@karen8967 hug for the hypo, take care. @ianpspurs hug for the dx and treatment but hope against hope you both had chickenpox as children o_O. My OH was an only child and only caught it when our No 1 son got it. Early 30s he was off work for two weeks and really poorly. @Fndwheelie hope you are feeling better, some odd viruses about. @OldButBold hug from afar obs for rhe cough. Taliskar at bedtime? @SaskiaKC hugs for the journey home from the stores and medal for defying D with a MacD..I think we all feel militant like that at times. Anyone else needing a hug have one from my stockpile. Have a great Wed. Stay/get well, take care.
Thanks for the concern re chickenpox. I finally caught it the Christmas our 2nd son was born and first born was in hospital with bronchiolitis. Long time off of work and never been able to run marathons /exercise fully since - was getting ready for London at the time.

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Early rise again have a head cold but no runny nose or sneezing. At 05.00 was 7.0. Checked at 07.00 and was 6.7. Not wasting any more strips.
Hugs for the head cold. I hate wasting test strips, yesterday I used 4 in one testing because I could not believe the results after a day of exertion. I had a 6.9 from my right hand so rushed off and washed both hands really well, tested again with same result so tried left hand and got a 6 so tried left hand again to get another 6. I went with the 6 BUT how can there be such a difference between left and right, perhaps I am just lopsided.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Up with the larks again but distracted with other things - bins mainly. It’s the garden bin and the bl**dy smug recycling bin today. A bit like people who can only take one sort of blood. I identify with the general waste bin - any old blood will do - it’s a survival thing - none of your fancy A’s, AB’s, triple X’s and special Rhesus factors going on here.

Anyhow, the wonder wheel of early up and the prospect of sunshine on Leith (other locations available) rewarded whatever I had done right yesterday with a 4.9 this am. Never quite sure what’s going on; just pinning the tail on an imaginary donkey in a dark room neck deep in treacle.

@ianpspurs - hope that you are now on the mend, have fun with the chicken pox one. Hugs for those who need or want one.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 8.0 fbs for me. Just about to leave for the internment of Aunty's ashes in Grandma/ Grandad's grave. It was their wish to have their daughrer buried with them when her time came. We later discovered that the grave had only been made for 2. So I had to do the next best thing to respect their wishes- have a cremation followed by a service to inter her ashes in a casket. Mixed feelings of sadness and satisfaction that I've done the best I can for them. Got to go but hugs to all those who need them and best wishes to all.:)

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our little doggie went to sleep yesterday morning :(
Oh geeful that's sad...I find having to make that decision so difficult... but that's part of the process of us loving them and them trusting us to do the very best we can for them...heart breaking.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...out on the work trail again yesterday...off to London at 5pm then home at 04:00...managed to sleep until 10:00 so all good there...feeling slightly cream crackered but certainly better than yesterday...likely more work this evening after a days rest & recuperation...ate badly yesterday (or was it the early hours of this morning?) but what can you do on the 'run'...woke to an unsurprising 6.9.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are not sure of your gender please check, but not in public and not each other.

Well yesterday a 7.5 and this busy morning a 5.5.

Must dash folks life is very hectic with no let up for the foreseeable future.
I have been approached to write a paper on how to behave as a sensible mature adult........ Luckily Mrs J said don't be stupid you can't spell, you go out with your trouser zip undone, you wear white socks and you got O level English ( failed ) Calcutta.
**** another missed career opportunity.
Must go it's my turn to bark at the postman man again.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today really is hump day. It looks like I've gotten over one hump I was struggling with, now I've got to tackle the food hump. 7.2 this morning. But at least we have clouds in the sky, and I think we had a few minutes of rain yesterday, so maybe the meteoracles weren't wrong, just off by their usual couple of days.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the concern re chickenpox. I finally caught it the Christmas our 2nd son was born and first born was in hospital with bronchiolitis. Long time off of work and never been able to run marathons /exercise fully since - was getting ready for London at the time.

I had it at some age in childhood. Since then they've invented a vaccine for it but now there seems to be a lot of debate among parents over here as to whether to vaccinate their children or not. They've also invented a shingles vaccine that all old people like me are urged to get but I haven't. Unlike the vet, the pharmacy would not give me a license tag to wear around my neck saying I've been vaccinated, unlike a cat or a dog.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good grief that was quite a Christmas neither of you will forget. An emotional rollercoaster and really sorry the CP affected you so badly though if it had been Julie who got it things could have been even worse.

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 8.0 fbs for me. Just about to leave for the internment of Aunty's ashes in Grandma/ Grandad's grave. It was their wish to have their daughrer buried with them when her time came. We later discovered that the grave had only been made for 2. So I had to do the next best thing to respect their wishes- have a cremation followed by a service to inter her ashes in a casket. Mixed feelings of sadness and satisfaction that I've done the best I can for them. Got to go but hugs to all those who need them and best wishes to all.:)
Sorry for the emotional day but you have absolutely honoured all of them. Big hug.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had it at some age in childhood. Since then they've invented a vaccine for it but now there seems to be a lot of debate among parents over here as to whether to vaccinate their children or not. They've also invented a shingles vaccine that all old people like me are urged to get but I haven't. Unlike the vet, the pharmacy would not give me a license tag to wear around my neck saying I've been vaccinated, unlike a cat or a dog.
I think I’m right in saying here there is a shingles vaccine think for over 70s though you can get shingles much younger. One of the many things I dont understand. Dont think think there is one for chickenpox. Dont worry about the tag wear a necklace instead.
Hope you are less achy today. Bobs gave me the run around again today. I was going out for a few hours and wondered where she was she’s normally in at that time being a creature of habit). Went out and called her to no avail. Walked around and then heard a pathetic mew on the breeze which seemed to come from next door. I called, she mewed a bit longer. Eventually realised she was locked in the garage since OH went in there at 06.30. Made me late for my appointment. Its a good job we love them!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1567707041999.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I’m right in saying here there is a shingles vaccine think for over 70s though you can get shingles much younger. One of the many things I dont understand. Dont think think there is one for chickenpox. Dont worry about the tag wear a necklace instead.
Hope you are less achy today. Bobs gave me the run around again today. I was going out for a few hours and wondered where she was she’s normally in at that time being a creature of habit). Went out and called her to no avail. Walked around and then heard a pathetic mew on the breeze which seemed to come from next door. I called, she mewed a bit longer. Eventually realised she was locked in the garage since OH went in there at 06.30. Made me late for my appointment. Its a good job we love them!

I'm so glad you found her and that she replied when you called! The KittenCat rarely replied when she got shut up in a closet in our house -- maybe because it was my fault for accidentally shutting her in! I'm glad Bobs is OK.
Thank you -- I am much less achy now. The shoulder pain went away as abruptly as it came, saving me a trip to the doctor about it. Now I can wait 'til my regular A1C appointment later this month.
It's wonderful how life suddenly seems better and more worthwhile when I feel good and am not worried about what's causing what discomfort.

Reactions: Debandez