What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Fndwheelie are you feeling better by now? I thought about you earlier this afternoon. I was crossing the big wide busy scary road to get home from McDonald's (shh, don't tell anyone!), trying to balance my Coke cup in one hand while pushing my shopping cart AND press the button for the crossing signal. I was feeling very sorry for myself and having a quiet invisible panic attack having trouble walking (I have horrid agoraphobia and also back and leg pains). Then I thought about you and how you chased down that train that day that you posted about and got yourself aboard. And I thought about the brilliant train engine and cars you make.

So just to say, that thought gave me courage and made me smile, and I thought about whacking myself over the head with a French fry, but instead I got across the big wide busy road and made it home, Coke and all.

Cheers.

g61015.gif

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Joining @gennepher in the silly-o-clock stakes I have a 5.1 @0430

Only four hours of restless sleep due to the hacking cough reminded me of the old saying, "It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in" ;)

The good that comes from this is that my FBG is the lowest it's ever been :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, and greetings to the early risers, 5.4 on the dice this morning, it was a struggle this morning to get out of bed, I'm just not looking forward to work at the moment, I think it's more the commute than the doing, Nottingham -Coventry that's grinding my gears. Have a lovely day all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a 5.3 for me after 5 hours sleep.
@OldButBold Hug for that cough gave you a winner for your reading. @gennepher sounds like another of us short of sleep.
@trick60 I empathise with your commute. I used to travel to Manchester by car, in a morning it would take 3 hours, I would work until 8pm to make up the time and the drive home was 50mins. Go carefully.
Off to visit our family matriarch today (98 years old) who still manages on her own at home.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all

Saturday 4.9, Sunday 4.4, Monday 4.8 and 4.5 today

Shows how stress affects bg I suppose. I've not posted for a few days which have been quite difficult for us. Mum's little dog seemed to be responding really well to her heart medication but then suddenly stopped eating at the end of last week and blood tests discovered underlying kidney failure. Our little doggie went to sleep yesterday morning :(

How glad I am I found this forum and our group here after my own diagnosis.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
Very sad news.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all

Saturday 4.9, Sunday 4.4, Monday 4.8 and 4.5 today

Shows how stress affects bg I suppose. I've not posted for a few days which have been quite difficult for us. Mum's little dog seemed to be responding really well to her heart medication but then suddenly stopped eating at the end of last week and blood tests discovered underlying kidney failure. Our little doggie went to sleep yesterday morning :(

How glad I am I found this forum and our group here after my own diagnosis.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
@geefull so sorry to hear about your little doggie. You did the very best for her and she had a a wonderful life with you all. Our pets do give us so much joy but it is so sad when they come to the end of their life.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some virtual hugs coming the way of @geefull for your loss, @OldButBold for the disturbed and shortened sleep, @trick60 for the commute, @gennepher for the early awakening and @SaskiaKC for the incident at the crossing.
Wednesday is "stock take" day for me. Fbg was 5.6 - over stocked there - weight maybe .4 kgs too high and resting pulse still above 60 so work needed. Much better than a fortnight ago and sleeping longer a few mornings lately. Lesion removed from my head confirmed as Bowens disease yesterday so that should be the last of the "interesting" news of the past two/three months. Not sure what my grandchildren have done to deserve growing up in a nation run for nothing more than naked Blonde Ambition but we are looking after the chicken pox one today. Have a great day or look adversity in the eye and unleash hell if the mood takes you. Otherwise, Accept whatever befalls you, and in times of humiliation be patient.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday is "stock take" day for me. Fbg was 5.6 - over stocked there - weight maybe .4 kgs too high and resting pulse still above 60 so work needed. Much better than a fortnight ago and sleeping longer a few mornings lately. Lesion removed from my head confirmed as Bowens disease yesterday
Stock Take indeed, a lot going on in your life. Hug and empathy for Bowens disease. Being folically challenged I have the same problem so have many silly hats and buffs with high UPV protection.
Enjoy your day with the spotty one.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lesion removed from my head confirmed as Bowens disease yesterday so that should be the last of the "interesting" news of the last two/three months.
Hope that your head has healed well and that you were not left with a sore patch. Do you have to have any further treatment for it?.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
One of my clients asked me for some advice yesterday. She has been diagnosed with pre-diabetes and advised that the treatment is to base meals on starchy foods. Basically the Eatwell Plate. Or as @Jim Lahey describes it 'The Die Well Plate'.

Luckily she knew it was wrong because she had heard me talk about how I manage diabetes. Have directed her to this website where she will get top class advice.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope that your head has healed well and that you were not left with a sore patch. Do you have to have any further treatment for it?.
If all scabs and scars heal no further treatment, if not cream. Seems to be a family weakness as dad and his brother both had same issue. I just sweat so much with hats - sometimes go through about 4 in a day. Thanks for the concern and hope your part of the world is drying out.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Early rise again have a head cold but no runny nose or sneezing. At 05.00 was 7.0. Checked at 07.00 and was 6.7. Not wasting any more strips.
@karen8967 hug for the hypo, take care. @ianpspurs hug for the dx and treatment but hope against hope you both had chickenpox as children o_O. My OH was an only child and only caught it when our No 1 son got it. Early 30s he was off work for two weeks and really poorly. @Fndwheelie hope you are feeling better, some odd viruses about. @OldButBold hug from afar obs for rhe cough. Taliskar at bedtime? @SaskiaKC hugs for the journey home from the stores and medal for defying D with a MacD..I think we all feel militant like that at times. Anyone else needing a hug have one from my stockpile. Have a great Wed. Stay/get well, take care.