What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks jjraak yes didn't get round to logging on yesterday did a 13hr shift :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

It's bright but cold here today and we may go out into the garden to chop some bits of bush up ready for the recycling dump. Soup is made ready for lunch and I've tackled a bit of a kitchen cupboard this morning :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Krystyna got a great INR score so not back there for another month...hooray!

Fantastic!

upload_2019-10-14_11-37-37.gif
upload_2019-10-14_11-37-49.gif
upload_2019-10-14_11-37-54.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke late to what I guess is a false hypo, heartbeat, sweaty, shaky. I haven't felt this in a long time. Ate some chocolate, chewed some aspirin, gradually feeling less bad. I made a commitment yesterday to eating better and this is the result?
Nice to be here with you all.
But sorry to hear some of you are having troubles. Hugs to @gennepher and @OldButBold .... to @mojo37 ....
And to @HarryBeau for the good report ,..
And to all of you for being you and being here. :)

Feeling normally hungry now so will give it a few more minutes then get up. Maybe.

We had rain yesterday and I enjoyed walking to the drugstore in the mist with the shiny wet pavements and bright street puddles ... October at last! This morning back to sunshine and a wonderful full moon shining in at my window.

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Shameless plug for Tee2 (Spirit Health) customer service. Ordered 1 pot of strips and received 3 in the post today along with a pack of lancets. I was only charged for my actual order. Phoned them and advised them of the surprise and said I didn't think I should pay for return of the unordered items. Nice young lady soon informed me that it was their mistake and I should keep the extras and thanks for letting them know. Happy with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and a 6 today. Keep well away everyone I have started my 71st year with a corker of a cold, had to sleep sitting in a chair if you can call it sleep, off to feel sorry for myself.

@OldButBold hope your ailments soon go away.

See you all tomorrow, have the best day you are able.

Hug, and hopes you will soon feel much better.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke late to what I guess is a false hypo, heartbeat, sweaty, shaky. I haven't felt this in a long time. Ate some chocolate, chewed some aspirin, gradually feeling less bad. I made a commitment yesterday to eating better and this is the result?
But sorry to hear some of you are having troubles. Hugs to @gennepher and @OldButBold .... to @mojo37 ....

Feeling normally hungry now so will give it a few more minutes then get up. Maybe.

We had rain yesterday and I enjoyed walking to the drugstore in the mist with the shiny wet pavements and bright street puddles ... October at last! This morning back to sunshine and a wonderful full moon shining in at my window.

Oh dear

Hugs for you

upload_2019-10-14_13-25-7.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh Saskia that must have been frightening for you! I hope you are feeling better now. Hope the KC takes good care of you. Glad you got some rain at last. So glad you are here with us all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. I woke to a pleasing 5.1 today and decided to pop back in here as my shoulder is better and I miss you all.
Took Dennis to the vets for castration today, (thanks for asking about him @PenguinMum - I thought I’d reply here rather than the food thread) he will be a very sad pup when I pick him up as they had to rummage around to find his undescended testicle so he has 3 wounds ( they finally found it up near his stomach). He also had 3 baby teeth out which should have fallen out ages ago but now causing adult teeth to grow in the wrong position. He is going to be sore all over bless him, they’ve put him on heavy duty pain killers for now and I’ll go and collect him later this aft. It’s been a very quiet day without him.
@SaskiaKC I hope you’re feeling a bit better by now

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. I woke to a pleasing 5.1 today and decided to pop back in here as my shoulder is better and I miss you all.
Took Dennis to the vets for castration today, (thanks for asking about him @PenguinMum - I thought I’d reply here rather than the food thread) he will be a very sad pup when I pick him up as they had to rummage around to find his undescended testicle so he has 3 wounds ( they finally found it up near his stomach). He also had 3 baby teeth out which should have fallen out ages ago but now causing adult teeth to grow in the wrong position. He is going to be sore all over bless him, they’ve put him on heavy duty pain killers for now and I’ll go and collect him later this aft. It’s been a very quiet day without him.
Hug for poor little Dennis. Perhaps shoulder may not be all tapping away related. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/dog-walkers-elbow-can-avoid/ Belongs with avocado hand as 1st world problems

Reactions: gennepher and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you. :) I'm glad your shoulder is better. Hugs to you and to poor little Dennis. I've been wondering how the two of you were getting along. I hope he will soon be feeling up to attacking more Christmas decorations -- and I hope for your sake that he doesn't actually do it!

I am up now drinking coffee and planning a very quiet day. It is 12 degrees C outside so not tempted to go out and play. My friend in Hawaii says it has been in the 20s there (80s F) and for once I almost envy her!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :) I'm glad your shoulder is better. Hugs to you and to poor little Dennis. I've been wondering how the two of you were getting along. I hope he will soon be feeling up to attacking more Christmas decorations -- and I hope for your sake that he doesn't actually do it!

I am up now drinking coffee and planning a very quiet day. It is 12 degrees C outside so not tempted to go out and play. My friend in Hawaii says it has been in the 20s there (80s F) and for once I almost envy her!

Coffee and a quiet day sound like a good plan. We are contemplating putting the heating on as it’s quite chilly here too (13) but have decided I’ll put another layer on and try to hold out til the end of the month.
As for Dennis and Christmas Decs etc: out of the few we still have left after he wreaked devastation on the storage box of them - I think lights and hanging ones will be ok but don’t know what to do about a tree or putting presents underneath it. Does anyone have any tips? Does KC attack the baubles?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coffee and a quiet day sound like a good plan. We are contemplating putting the heating on as it’s quite chilly here too (13) but have decided I’ll put another layer on and try to hold out til the end of the month.
As for Dennis and Christmas Decs etc: out of the few we still have left after he wreaked devastation on the storage box of them - I think lights and hanging ones will be ok but don’t know what to do about a tree or putting presents underneath it. Does anyone have any tips? Does KC attack the baubles?

The KittenCat does not, but I have known friends with cats who secured the tree to a wall with nails (I think) and string. And putting any breakable ornaments on the higher branches.

I just saw this, which looks like a good idea (as long as it doesn't inspire any leg-cocking!)
36861e9c-550c-4ae7-af1b-2f824290f830.jpg

and then a Google of "dog-proofing Christmas tree" gave me some more ideas ...

https://www.dogingtonpost.com/how-to-dog-proof-christmas-tree/

https://www.rover.com/blog/dog-proof-christmas-tree-safety-in/

https://barkpost.com/life/dog-proof-christmas-tree/

My older kitty, who apparently had never played in her previous home, never played with string, etc., at my house either until one Christmas when I was taking down the tree, and then she attacked the string of light after I had unplugged the cord. We had a wonderful playtime together, after which I tossed the string in the garbage in case she had loosened any of the wiring. I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a game for dogs, though, as they attack with teeth, not claws!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just finished watching the Queen's speech in Parliament. Time was when C-SPAN showed the whole ceremony, her procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster, Black Rod knocking on the door of the House of Commons, etc., and I got up early for it. It reminded me of Christmas Eves and Easter Sundays when the bishop would come to the Cathedral (and once the Archbishop of Canterbury came).

We don't have anything like that in the government here. But a lot of us still consider it our heritage.

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you back...that shoulder must challenging. Poor little Dennis double trouble but I am sure he will be fussed over lots. Our eldest son had to have a milk tooth removed and the gum split to reposition the adult tooth. It was done in hospital and he had an ice pack strapped onto his face though a few hours later he demolished a plate of sandwiches much to the amusement of the nurse. Hope you and Dennis have a quiet night and the painkillers help.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, Early Bird! I hope this Monday will surprise you and be a good day for you.

Hello night owl, I think it's just the 4.30 a.m alarm after a lazy weekend that dampens my spirits. My day started off pretty poorly when I got to work I realized I had left all my powertools out on site over the weekend and they were missing presumed pinched (such is the way these days), I was looking on line to replace them which would have set me back the best part of £500 when the guy who is fitting the ducting on site came over and told me that he saw I had left them out and had put them in his lockbox, I told him that if I wasn't spoken for I would of kissed him, which he seemed quite relieved about, so yes my day did get better thank you.

Reactions: mojo37