What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Have a beautiful day

upload_2019-10-17_5-43-58.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning 5.9 for me today and a whopping 6 hours sleep, forgotten how good that many hours make you feel, yipeee!

Cold is on the mend, it isn't raining, things to do so a good day ahead.

Enjoy your day, be good, eat well and hugs for those under the weather.

Thanks to everyone for all the hugs to see me through my cold germs and sleepless nights, they worked.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did anyone watch Eat well for less? SHOCKED AT THE ADVICE THE DIETICIAN GAVE TO THE 2 T2Ds! BBC - no words!!!

No I didn’t see it, was it the usual ‘healthy’ brown rice and whole meal bread type?
I’m looking forward to photos of your meals when you start using your cookbook - it’s the Caldesi one isn’t it? I have it and all the recipes I’ve tried have been really good.
Glad you had fun in Brum.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you are getting back to normal @Muddy Cyclist
I woke to a 4.9 and a bit of a hangover. Overindulged last night on everything at this lovely 5star hotel. Went for the 3 course meal ( rather than 5 or 7 course ‘experience’) but if you add in amuse bouche, appetisers etc we had about 7 courses anyway. The bread looked and smelled phenomenal but I resisted. The waiter was very helpful with food choices for me and kept dashing off to the kitchen to find out about ingredients in various dishes.
Downfall was going with the wine pairing suggestions for each course. We’d already had Chamoagne beforehand which always weakens my willpower. Never mind. Off to the pool now to swim it off I hope.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@trick60 great start again young man - all your ohm work (I'll get my coat); @Muddy Cyclist really good to hear the cold is subsiding and the 6 hrs sleep - gig should be fine by the sound of that news. @Debandez I watched the programme and commented in another thread . As much as I was aghast at the nutritionist never mentioning cartbs moving those 2 from their old diet to lc in 1 go would not have worked. What amazed me was how the woman had eaten that way for 20 years with T2 and only now worried about eye damage - she's a nurse:arghh::arghh:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Part 2. An hour’s misery makes one forget past delights, So fbg 5.9 and weight plus sleep seemingly not in my control. Those elements I can affect seem fine and dandy - 2 meals yesterday .8 drop and flat line at 2 hrs 4.6 bed. - same as after lunch. 2 huge pivots from me in a week. Was all set to cancel November holiday to Cyprus despite Julie really wanting to return to that hotel and (hopefully) sold this place and bought an old (er) smaller house to do up yesterday (abandoned the bigger brand new one)
@DJC3 break sounds fantastic, enjoy your time with your daughter. Hopefully Nov 17 I may be in shorts and pool slides drinking bucks fizz for breakfast by the pool - as if it were planned the holiday comes at the the end of chemo sessions. Hope the German omelette chef is still there - he was worth the price on his own. Breakfast songs in 5 languages.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@trick60 great start again young man - all your ohm work (I'll get my coat); @Muddy Cyclist really good to hear the cold is subsiding and the 6 hrs sleep - gig should be fine by the sound of that news. @Debandez I watched the programme and commented in another thread . As much as I was aghast at the nutritionist never mentioning cartbs moving those 2 from their old diet to lc in 1 go would not have worked. What amazed me was how the woman had eaten that way for 20 years with T2 and only now worried about eye damage - she's a nurse:arghh::arghh:
I think the gig will be OK thank you although it is for 2 hours just hope my voice holds up.
@Debandez and many others. Isn't all this misleading advise being given frustrating? I am still battling with friends who are pre diabetic, have seen the success I have had with LCHF and yes it does have its problems. The said friends HbA1c was 47, doctor said not to worry just watch sugar intake, friend is looking at sugar content of carbs but not carbs in total, so beer, chips, pasta, whole grain rice, wholemeal bread, breakfast cereal and the usual list are all fine in their book, I explained about carbs but it fell on deaf ears, there is only so much I can say without becoming a bore, very disturbing.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. And it’s before 8am while I’m not out of bed yet I’m not asleep, that’s progress. Yesterday I was almost so good having lunch out with my father. He ordered a starter I resisted, I went for ham egg and chips and ordered a side of steamed veg. I passed my chips onto father and ate the rest, then he ordered desert and I caved and had apple crumble with caramel and custard. It was delicious we ate at 12 I was 5.4 but took until 5:30pm to drop below 7.5. I don’t seem to be processing carbs as well as I’d like maybe the start of this diet was a bit misleading. I’ve got hospital diabetes appointment next week I’m really considering fighting for a prescription for fast acting insulin, at least I could dose for anything naughty. And I think thanks to this forum I would feel comfortable with using it.

Today I’ve got a wheelchair demo booked, if they turn up this time. I need to go to the bank and run a few errands. Also get my but into gear, yesterday I didn’t do anything craft.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from Daan Saaf

The wonder wheel getting a good amount of walking in yesterday and a decent night’s kip skipped lightly with a 4.1 this am.

It’s been an interesting couple of days in the overcrowded and exhaust pipe pollution that is Daan Saaf; catching up with old friends is always a treat. However, the lunch time train from Kings Cross beckons for a ride back Oop North to a slower pace, quiet beaches and moorland walks: I wonder how much of the lunch I will be leaving on the side of the plate.

@Muddy Cyclist - good to read that you are on the mend and managing to have a good kip.

Have a wonderful day if you can; take a ride on your nearest public transport - a great way to exchange germs and enhance herd immunity.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 but it might be dodgy for a FBG as I didn't get to sleep properly until the early hours, and have only just woken up. In the grand scheme of things I shall adopt it and raise it as my own :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did anyone watch Eat well for less? SHOCKED AT THE ADVICE THE DIETICIAN GAVE TO THE 2 T2Ds! BBC - no words!!!
I'll have to watch it now just so I can rise my BP lol though of course it isn't funny the sh** advise that we are all given .

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have a life saying yes I have diabetes, but I shall live my life making the necessary adjustments, then get on with with life. I have found that having a goal for the day helps, due to my several personalities my goals get confused and mixed up, luckily for me my pals chaos and mayhem help me and me's sort things into some sort plan.

A fresh face smiling 6.6 this morning, Mrs J has hid my hammer in the garage so I cannot threaten my meter with it, but I do have a lump hammer.

Well folks enjoy what's left or right of the day, try and get out into the fresh air, be the air wet or dry, smile at a stranger, remember a smile costs nothing and scares the living daylights said stranger and will certainly brighten your day.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I work in the nursing profession albeit with adults with learning disabilities and mental health issues and before I joined the ranks of T2 I had come across about 20 staff ( all nurses ) with the condition and very few with any change of diet. Even now I work with 3 other staff with diabetes T2 and only one of them tests her bg ( and that is because she has now progressed to insulin .I'm the only one that bangs on about carbs ( though I am no saint lol and have fallen off the wagon so many times it's a wonder that I am not black and blue lol .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 today so thats fine. The sun is out which is good news.
Lots of wrangling choices mooted here today. @ianpspurs good call on the holiday a bit of winter sun will do you good after the difficult months. @Fndwheelie cant comment on your dilemma but sending hugs. @DJC3 your dilemma over choosing how many courses is not a bad one in my book. Enjoy every minute of your time with your daughter at that lovely place. @Debandez sounds like you and Eric having a fab time in Brum. Tandoori chicken good and not too carby once in a while. Medal for not esting one whole popadom, I couldnt do that! @Muddy Cyclist glad to hear you are better hope the same is true of @OldButBold.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.