Cant sleep

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi.

I haven't been able to sleep on and off for 2 years now. GP told me to look online for tips and listen to calm music.

I thought maybe it's my diabetes but I found that most people with high blood sugar readings fall asleep quite easily.

My blood sugars have been playing up for 5 years and my hba1c is 62. If anyone has the same problem and can help please do. Thanks

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It might not have anything to do with diabetes. It's a common problem with non diabetics too. Some people just develop problems being able to sleep at different stress times in life, age, diet etc. There are some herbal blends at a health food store or on the internet that can help with mild sleep problems.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

I haven't been able to sleep on and off for 2 years now. GP told me to look online for tips and listen to calm music.

I thought maybe it's my diabetes but I found that most people with high blood sugar readings fall asleep quite easily.

My blood sugars have been playing up for 5 years and my hba1c is 62. If anyone has the same problem and can help please do. Thanks
I've been an insomniac all my life. CBD oil helped with that, got me into a normal sleeping cycle. Good luck!
Jo

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I play calming music every night there are nights though when I have had to turn it off at about three AM because I'm still awake and it's disturbing the wife's sleep.

When I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis I was afraid to sleep and now I just can't though I do get some reasonable nights with the music.

The music does help with the tinnitus as well though.

Have you tried the binaural music/tones I find them helpfull at times.