1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cant sleep

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by UsmanMo96, Oct 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. UsmanMo96

UsmanMo96 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi.

I haven't been able to sleep on and off for 2 years now. GP told me to look online for tips and listen to calm music.

I thought maybe it's my diabetes but I found that most people with high blood sugar readings fall asleep quite easily.

My blood sugars have been playing up for 5 years and my hba1c is 62. If anyone has the same problem and can help please do. Thanks

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

It might not have anything to do with diabetes. It's a common problem with non diabetics too. Some people just develop problems being able to sleep at different stress times in life, age, diet etc. There are some herbal blends at a health food store or on the internet that can help with mild sleep problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Expert

I've been an insomniac all my life. CBD oil helped with that, got me into a normal sleeping cycle. Good luck!
    Jo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. UsmanMo96

UsmanMo96 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've tried cbd oil before it hasn't worked for me unfortunately.

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I play calming music every night there are nights though when I have had to turn it off at about three AM because I'm still awake and it's disturbing the wife's sleep.

When I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis I was afraid to sleep and now I just can't though I do get some reasonable nights with the music.

The music does help with the tinnitus as well though.

Have you tried the binaural music/tones I find them helpfull at times.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook