Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@por169 I know right? I don't have diabetes anymore............................

Except when my pod shrieks in the middle of the night reminding me that just ain't so!!!

Reactions: Daphne917

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sat in the bath the other day surrounded with salt and sugar.............to see if I could be cured.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1573226238417.jpg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes good to hear BG is doing well. I've had problems with changes in prescriptions and in every case it hasn't been the doctor's doing.
I love the NHS and am so grateful for the treatment I get so when I've had a problem like this, I take it to the doctors' surgery. I talk to the receptionist about it and also give her a letter which states the problem again. Lots of people need to see GPs and I wouldn't waste their time with an admin problem.

Indeed they do, and so do I. My GP has informed me that I never waste his time, but he wants to see me at least once a year and as that's about due so I'm just pre-empting the review letter I'd be getting in the next month or so anyway! We have a similar approach to sorting this kind of thing as well.

In this instance, I know it's the GPs at my surgery who do this kind of inputting, plus the clinic letter was a bit vague and didn't specify both insulins by name. Easily missed.

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Phew! my toes were cringing at the thought of a flu jab between the toes! :eek:
Drug users often inject there, it’s a thing medics check, apparently.

In other news, I passed all my exams, including the one where I had a brainfart and needed to resit. Which means I officially get to dress up like a giant green recycling bin and get set loose on patients. First shift is Wednesday night :)

3BDDE0B2-831F-45BA-9746-227295857FBA.jpeg

Diabetes going well, had a slight stress spike to 7.8 when my results were published today. Elvis is taking the strain remarkably well, to be fair. And now I’m off to bed because I’m hitting the road at 0545 tomorrow morning for a conference in Birmingham. Night ❤️

Last edited:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars

In other news, I passed all my exams, including the one where I had a brainfart and needed to resit. Which means I officially get to dress up like a giant green recycling bin and get set loose on patients. First shift is Wednesday night :)

View attachment 36624

Diabetes going well, had a slight stress spike to 7.8 when my results were published today. Elvis is taking the strain remarkably well, to be fair. And now I’m off to bed because I’m hitting the road at 0545 to,Oreos morning for a conference in Birmingham. Night ❤️
I know it means tomorrow but I want an Oreos conference!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 36624

Diabetes going well, had a slight stress spike to 7.8 when my results were published today. Elvis is taking the strain remarkably well, to be fair. And now I’m off to bed because I’m hitting the road at 0545 tomorrow morning for a conference in Birmingham. Night
Well done loopercat

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 36624

Diabetes going well, had a slight stress spike to 7.8 when my results were published today. Elvis is taking the strain remarkably well, to be fair. And now I’m off to bed because I’m hitting the road at 0545 tomorrow morning for a conference in Birmingham. Night ❤️

Huge well done LC.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Indeed they do, and so do I. My GP has informed me that I never waste his time, but he wants to see me at least once a year and as that's about due so I'm just pre-empting the review letter I'd be getting in the next month or so anyway! We have a similar approach to sorting this kind of thing as well.

In this instance, I know it's the GPs at my surgery who do this kind of inputting, plus the clinic letter was a bit vague and didn't specify both insulins by name. Easily missed.
That's brilliant @Japes. Whenever I see a GP, nurse or the pharmacist, I always thank them and tell them how much I appreciate their work and the treatment they give me.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

View attachment 36624

Magnificent @LooperCat You look the bees knees or the dog's............
Totally well done. You must be on top of the world and quite right too. The best T1 green giant ever.