Lidl's High Protein Roll

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I don't know whether I am in the right section here. Apologies if I am not! I was just wondering if any progress has been made in getting Lidl to start supplying their high protein rolls again. I haven't tried them myself but they do sound good.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The
Hi

I don't know whether I am in the right section here. Apologies if I am not! I was just wondering if any progress has been made in getting Lidl to start supplying their high protein rolls again. I haven't tried them myself but they do sound good.
They have low gi bread but no one in any store can give any nutritional breakdowns or gi score to me! Only the allergens list of ingredients.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply. When I go into Lidls there's never anyone around the bread section to ask.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The

They have low gi bread but no one in any store can give any nutritional breakdowns or gi score to me! Only the allergens list of ingredients.
If you e-mail Lidl they have a nutrition breakdown of all their bakery products which they are usually happy to send out. I used to have a copy but seem to have deleted it (it would have been quite old anyway). From what I recall their Low GI bread was pretty carby ...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you e-mail Lidl they have a nutrition breakdown of all their bakery products which they are usually happy to send out. I used to have a copy but seem to have deleted it (it would have been quite old anyway). From what I recall their Low GI bread was pretty carby ...

Yep, I made that mistake early on..:banghead:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Found it .. although it dates from 2016 so may be slightly out of date.

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 09.32.08.png

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These days I get protein bread from Asda or Livlife, from Waitrose, as it seems pretty definite that Lidl will not be selling their rolls again.

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Resurgam
Does your local Asda still sell the Protein Bread (a fine product)? I have not been able to get any for a few months now.
LivLife and HiLo (from Sainsburys 15g carbohydrate per 100g) are decent but I preferred the Protein Bread.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Resurgam
Does your local Asda still sell the Protein Bread (a fine product)? I have not been able to get any for a few months now.
LivLife and HiLo (from Sainsburys 15g carbohydrate per 100g) are decent but I preferred the Protein Bread.
Thank you, Resurgam, for your reply. I've looked in our local Asda and they do not appear to currently stock the Protein Bread, nor Bergen bread. Perhaps I'd do better at one of the larger ASDA stores. We had a really good Waitrose on the outskirts of Nottingham, but that very recently closed, as I would love to try the LivLife. I do use the HiLo. Is LivLife better than the HiLo?

Best wishes.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez found some protein rolls in Lidl in Dublin and the German stores also still have them, so if you’re travelling at all, it’s worth a look.

Reactions: DJC3

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, Resurgam, for your reply. I've looked in our local Asda and they do not appear to currently stock the Protein Bread, nor Bergen bread. Perhaps I'd do better at one of the larger ASDA stores. We had a really good Waitrose on the outskirts of Nottingham, but that very recently closed, as I would love to try the LivLife. I do use the HiLo. Is LivLife better than the HiLo?
Best wishes.
I've not come across the HiLo bread, so no chance to compare them.

SJS1965

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I have tried both the hi-lo and livlife breads and prefer the Livlife. It is slightly lower in carbohydrates but more importantly is thinner and therefore less “chewy” than hi-lo...but either is fine and means I can still enjoy a lunchtime sandwich!

VanDiemen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First post so can't paste a link but when it comes to bread I highly recommend a bread recipe I found on You Tube.
I think it's fantastic, made life a lot easier not having to find alternatives to bread. approx 40 grams a loaf so works out at 3 grams a slice for me. Made with Gluten flour , oat fibre and linseeds mainly. We make a loaf a day as everyone in the family eats it. We haven't bought a store loaf for months.
Search you tube for : The BEST Keto Bread EVER! | Keto yeast bread | Low Carb Bread | Low Carb Bread Machine Recipe.
Bought a bread machine just to try this recipe and its been worth every penny.
Regards. Paul
P.s if you are in Aus "Gentle Fibre" from Woolies works just as well for Oat Fibre.

VanDiemen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo Ta, I will give that a go and the Woolies low Carb bread if I ever find it. I'm intrigued to see how they compare to a homemade loaf. They will have to go some to be better though.